mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Price for a 2009 Hardrock disc?

I'm looking to get into MTB, I went with a friend on a borrowed bike and had a ton of fun so I'm looking into a decent bike to get started.

Was looking at the big box stores but I know I should go with something better even if used, problem is I don't have much $$ to spend right now.

Looking at a 2009 HR disc in what seems to be great condition. Seller wants 300 and I want to offer 250..

Is the 300 fair?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    $300 is definitely on the high side. imho

mtbr member
    Yeah it is high, I picked up a 2007 Rockhopper Comp Disc for 300 a few years ago. Look for a Rockhopper for that price.
    2007 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp EVO

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDJ View Post
    Yeah it is high, I picked up a 2007 Rockhopper Comp Disc for 300 a few years ago. Look for a Rockhopper for that price.
    Can't seem to find anything decent for that price with the Rockhoppers, I can't even find hardrocks for around this price.

I found another one, a 2010, looks in great shape and also has discs, they want 400 though, might be able to get it lower. I'm in NY if that matters at all.

I'm going to stop by a bike shop later and see what they have.

mtbr member
    I'm in NY as well, I found my Rockhopper on craigslist from a guy in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Must of been a lucky find. Do you live in the city or out on Long Island? I'm on the Island and there is a great LBS in Wantagh called Brands Cycle, I recommend going there for any new Specialized.

Brands Cycle and Fitness - Wantagh Long Island NY - Trek Specialized Raleigh Giant Pearl Izumi Santa Cruz Yeti Orbea Cannondale Cycelops Sugoi Dahon Kinetic Kreitler Ortlieb NiteRider Unicycle Light and Motion Keiser M3
    2007 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp EVO

mtbr member
    May 2005
    $300 is about the going rate. You might be able, with patience and persistence find one a little cheaper. The parts spec is about the same for all years. Mechanical brakes and low end fork with little to no adjustments. If they"re clean and everything is properly working, I wouldn't let $50 keep me from riding. I have recommended these to multiple beginner friends at that price. Even if you sell it in a year or two to upgrade you probably only lose a little if it still clean. Buy one and go ride. The newer and cleaner the better