Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    eBiker

Good job! Post up your 2010 Enduro

Post up your 2010 Enduro, with your notable spec, likes/dislikes, mods and mandatory pics (static & action).

I'll start.

2010 Enduro Comp Large
    - Lyric Solo Air R
    - Fox RP2
    I swapped out a lot of parts:
    - DT 340 hubs/5.1 rims
    - Formula Oro k24 brakes
    - Gravity Dropper
    - Stylo Cranks
    And added some new goodies:
    - Funn Fatboy handlebar 750mm wide
    - Straitline 50mm stem

I'm coming off an 06 Enduro, which I loved riding. It was great for everything except trying to hang with the Tahoe locals, climbing in their high altitude playground. Being a lowland valley dweller, I need every advantage I can get.

Saving 5 pounds is a good start. My 06 all coiled up was 36.5# the bathroom scale, and the 2010 Enduro on the same scale is 31.5#.

I've only got one ride in so far, but the 2010 Enduro is stiff, pedals great, and eats rocks in a nicely controlled way. Still feedback, but not harsh and no blow through. It's got a nice end of stroke ramp up too for the air born shenanigans. Take this with a grain of salt as I've got that new bike glow going on.

So far, it descends as well as the 06 version, and has the beautiful land on a couch feel.

I still have to get used to the 750mm bars. The leverage they provide is silly, much more stable through the boneyards (bike stiffness too?), but I feel like a tight rope walker with one of those long poles. I need to learn into this set-up.

So far the 50mm stem is fine for climbing and so is not having a travel adjust fork. (surprising with a rear air shock).

I threw down some coin for some color bits, as my 06 was black on black, which is cool, but after 3 years, I wanted something different. Specialized was out of the red frame. So I hung my own color on, and am liking it so far.

Did I mention this thing is poppy? + lower weight = good times

I'll post up more as I have more experience and the glow fades.

P

On to the pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro-side.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro-back.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro-bb.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro-handlebars.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-p1000670.jpg  

Last edited by Mr.P; 11-09-2009 at 11:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Very very nice bike! I've seen lots of pictures here and there, but I must admit that they look even better in person. Very slick bike. Enjoy it and post some more pics!

Bike Crusader~
    Jan 2009
    Wow.... U sure that bike's Trail Legit? DD
    "Ride it, Feel it...."

Stray Bullet
    Looks good. Thinking about upgrading my 07 (non-SL) sometime soon as well.

☠☠☠
    May 2008
    nice except the ghey air shock

mtbr member
    My last bike: 2008 Enduro SL Expert with Hammerschmidt

New Bike:

There is not much stock on this bike since I transfered most of the parts from my 08 Enduro. The only parts I kept were the frame, fork, headset, seat post, and brakes. Here is the build:

Frame - Enduro SL Comp Large
    Fork - Rock Shock Lyric
    Wheels - Specialized Roval Traverse
    Cassette - Sram
    Tires - Specialized Eskar control
    Bar - Truvativ low rise carbon
    Stem - Specialized pro set 90mm
    Brakes - Avid Elixir
    Shifter - Sram X.9
    R. Der - Sram X.9
    Chain - Sram
    Crank - Shimano XT with single 32 tooth E-13 ring
    Guard - E-13 LG1+
    Post - Specialized aluminum
    Saddle - Fizik Gobi
    Pedals - Cranks Bros Eggbeater SL
    Weight as is - 28.5lbs

I have a couple of months riding on this bike now, so I can give you some impressions. I am a reformed xc racing geek who rides tight, twisty, technical trails in New England. For those of you not familiar with the area, it is VERY rocky with lots of roots and not much sustained climbing, but a lot of short steep pitches and rolling terrain.
    I ride an Enduro to handle the rock gardens at warp speed and for a little more cush on long 3 hour plus days in the saddle. I am not the type of rider that is doing 10' drops...waist high is fine with me. so I can't really give you any incite on how the bike will handle in those type of situations.

What I can tell you is that the new Enduro is a big step up from the SL generation. Since I was riding my 08 on the steep setting, I was afraid that the changes to the travel and the geometry would take away from the bikes climbing ability and quickness in tight singletrack. After a short ride yesterday morning before work and a longer ride with friends today, I was pleasantly suprised. I am now a big believer in the new slacker Enduro. The bike steers a little funny in the parking lot, but once it is up to speed, the magic kicks in. It corners like it is on rails and the slacker head angle is more confidence inspiring on the steep stuff. The only drawback to this is the pedal clearance it rocky terrain, but I am sure I will adjust.

The other thing I was hesitant on giving up was the E150. Unlike others who had problems, mine ran flawlessly. I did not want to part with the stiffness of the dual crown, integrated stem, and 25mm axle for a single crown Lyrik with a standard stem and 20mm axle. I was suprised that the Rock Shock feels just as stiff and the suspension feels so much more plush. As a matter of a fact, both the Rock Shock Lyric and the Fox RP2 make the bike SOOOOOO much smoother feeling than the Specialized suspension!!!! The bike feels like they added a lot more than 10mm of travel to each end. I was also afraid that the new Enduro would give up the climbing prowess of the 08. While it does not climb like an Epic, it also does just as well as the older generation.

Overall, I am VERY happy that I made the switch and I encourage all of you who are on the fence with this bike to step up and go for it. You will not be disappointed...this bike ROCKS!!!!!!

Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    Great shot man. Makes me want to hit the trails!

mtbr member

No Hammerschmidt???

JRob...just curious why you didn't swap your Hammerschmidt to the new Enduro.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Dog
    JRob...just curious why you didn't swap your Hammerschmidt to the new Enduro.

I found myself only using the overdrive on the Hammerschmidt so I decided to keep it simple with a single ring. The Hammerschmidt adds a considerable amount of weight versus a single ring set up. Also I don't need anything other than a 32 tooth for the trails I ride.
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

The Other Dude
    I was riding this all weekend, and I loved it. Its going to be a tough choice between on of these, or waiting for a Stumpjumper 29er FSR.

The Lyrik fork was great, but I LOVED the E160, so if I get one of the alloy ones, i may have to do a fork swap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro1.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-enduro2.jpg  

Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

The Other Dude
    Just ordered mine up today.....the bike should be in on Wednesday, i went for an Enduro Expert, and I ordered up an E160 front fork.....but it wont be here till Friday.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    how much for the E160?

The Other Dude
    MSRP on the E160 is $1000. Now i just gotta find someone to by the Lyrik and help cover the cost of that beast! After riding the E160, and seeing how amazing it is, i had to have one! I will be sure to post up pics when its all done.

The Other Dude
    Ok, it just came in today. They said the fork should be in tomorrow or Thursday. I thought they were taping the rims to be tubeless since the supplied the tubeless valve stems in the parts box, but i guess i will just tape them up and convert over when i tear the bike down to do the fork. I cant wait to get it out on the trail. I am trying to decide whether is I should keep the Eskars on there, or put the new Purgatories on that I have sitting downstairs.

The red color looks freakin awesome. Specialized either changed the color slightly, or there was some variation in the anodizing process, as the test bike i first rode was a deep blood red color, and this one is like the standard Bright specialized ano red. I like this one a bit better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020815.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020816.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020817.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020818.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020819.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020821.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc020822.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey everyone,

Great looking rides! I love all the little custom details you guys have done, especially yours Mr. P!

Monday night I finally received my new S-works Enduro, I have been waiting months for this!!! I had a friend in a bike shop out of state build it up for me, so up until this week I hadn't even seen an Enduro in person, I was going strictly on the faith and feedback that my friend had from the Specialized Dealer Demo. He knows my riding style and preferences and convinced me to take the plunge.

My first thought when I received the box was "Holy $^&!!" how can this be so light! after unpacking everything and getting it on the stand I was even more impressed. The subtlety of the frame combined with the stylish components is a work of art. It's not completely stock however. I made a few minor changes to the kit.

Here is a list of the parts I changed:

Hammerschmidt AM - Note in the picture the custom hammerschmidt trigger, the guys at the shop went through the painstaking detail of taking apart the Red X.0 trigger set and swapping the Red ano parts to the Hammerschmidt trigger so it would match the rear trigger! these guys are great!!

White Format SL Saddle - Not a big change, strictly for looks

White Rocca Grips - Again for looks and they are also a little thicker (which I perfer)

I am running XT clipless pedals right now but they will be swapped for White Lo Pro Mags soon

That's it for now - Maybe some White/Red/Black I9 Freeride Rims next year!!

The unfortunate business is that I am in Alaska, and the 30" snow we got this week leaves me confined to tiny laps in my garage, so I can't comment on the ride quality for another 6 months!!!!!!!

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up your 2010 Enduro-sworks-1.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-sworks-2.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-sworks-3.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-sworks-4.jpg  

-Ride it like you stole it

The Other Dude
    that looks amazing. its a shae it has to sit so long before its first proper ride! I am torn between the Roval wheels, or getting a set of 819's laced up to Hope Pro II's for mine. I just cant decide.

mtbr member
    Duc...How did they attach the HS? I know that in the Enduro description they say that it has ISCG tabs, but the picture of the carbon frames doesn't show it. Also, the lbs I talked to said they didn't think they had the tabs.

mtbr member
    @DucRR

What an insane build! congrats!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P.
    @DucRR

What an insane build! congrats!
    +1

I don't think there will ever be a stage in my life where I'll be able to justify owning a work of art like that. Good for you, and congratulations! Action shots and feedback would be appreciated when possible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks guys!
    @Brisco - That is one of the great little details about this bike. The Spesh Engineers got creative and developed an ISCG mount that threads onto the bottom bracket assembly.

@Jut - The Rovals don't look to flashy but they are unbelievably light. Like I said, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly abuse them, but from the guys I have talked to at the shop, word is they are bomber.

@surf - Thanks! I have waited 10 yrs for an Sworks.....Dreams do come true!!!

as for ride feedback: handles tight corners well, I was riding around my kitchen last night. Damn snow/rain/slush!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Get out and ride it dude. As long as its like 15 or warmer, its not going to hurt your bike. I've been riding my SL to work this week (I'm stationed at Elmendorf AFB) and even had a more proper ride last weekend. Get some Nokian Freddie's Revenz tires to keep you up over ice. I've been wearing a Giro Talon ski helmet with some Scott Storm ski goggles. Works out really well.

1:18
    One tip, route the Command post cable thru the QR seat collar, it has a special "hole" to accomodate the cable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thx Corvette,

Right now the cable housing is to long to accommodate that, I plan on shorting the housing this weekend.

Duc

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    noted. Right now the housing is too long to accommodate that, it is on my to do list this weekend......

-Duc

The Other Dude
    Just got my E160 and I am putting it on now. It came in super light for a 160mm fork.....3.87lbs with the expansion bolt installed on it with my scale. Then you tag 91g on for the maxle lite, and you have one super stiff, super light fork!

It all went together very well, and shaved a good bit of weight off from the stock 5.15lb lyrik 2 step i removed. The fork feels so smooth, i cant wait to try it out tomorrow. I love the 1 piece carbon crown/steerer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc050831.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc050832.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc050833.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc050834.jpg  

Post up your 2010 Enduro-pc050835.jpg  

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast