mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Is it possible to upgrade an 06 epic brain to the 07 brain shock?

and yes, i searched. didn't come up with anything. first of all i'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade to the newest brain shock on an older frame such as an 06' and if it's possible would it be worth it cost wise? thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Broseph - I'm sure you could upgrade the shock to the AFR Specialized shock since Jut8 has an 06 Epic SWorks with the new brain. I'm waiting on the new shock as well; the Specialized Rep said that it will be out this June. In terms of price, i'm not sure how much it will cost or if it's going to be worth it.

Keep us posted if you find out anything!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    cool. yeah, if i find anything out i'll post it.

mtbr member
    A customer of mine blew his brain, and since he has more money than he knows what to do with it (06 Sworks Stumpy), he bought another brain as a backup. It cost about 400? I'm not totally positive, but it was in the 4-470 range. But he bought the fox one, not the afr.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    dang. i bet the afr one is even more expensive. i think i'm just gonna wait and try to get an 07' model frame sometime before next season when the 08's should be out so it will be a little cheaper.