mtbr member
    Dec 2009

PLease help me,My first dj bike

can anyone help me with this bike ?planing to purchase on ebay and he said its a 2010 or 09 p1.i wanna know if this is worth it and if its really a dirt jumper not an all mountain.heres ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Specialized...item2ea9eb7ee2

please help me out.thank you pix attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PLease help me,My first dj bike-cimg0863.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    I found this post a little late, but that is a dirt jumper. It's a 2008 P.3. That was and still is our top shelf dirt jumper. I can see why you would be confused, it bears a resemblance to our current P AM bikes and it has a rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    Yea thats much better than a P.1
    And its also in my opinion the best looking P.3 that year.
    (Thats 2008 Right?)

Spice
    Dec 2008
    Theres a lot of differences between the description and what the bike actually has.....

It quotes a SRAM X4 rear deraileur, it has an X9 (look on the pics) and x5 shifters

BB5 mechanical brakes? They're clearly hayes stroker ryde hydraulics....

Cant tell what cranks they are, but they dont look like octalink.

I wouldnt say its new either, or less than 10 miles.
    The pedals look a bit worn (slightly discoloured) in picture 1
    The bolt holding the deraileur b-limit in picture two is rusting
    Cable rub on the fork stancions in picture 7 (although could be glare, cant really tell)
    Those tires look like theyve had much more than 10 miles on them (and do they come with different tyres when new?)
    In picture 11 the cranks look scuffed, and look at the pedal shaft bolt, its clearly been taken on and off a fair few times from the paint wearing off at the corners.

That bike aint new....

Did you buy it?

Spice
    Dec 2008
    "" CORRECTION

THIS IS A 2008 P3. IT HAS BEEN NEVER USED SO IT IS BRAND NEW. THERE IS VERY LITTLE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. IT IS DONATED TO MY HOMELESS ORGANIZATION AND THE DONATER TOLD ME IT WAS 2010. BUT THERE IS LITTLE DIFFENCE AND IT IS WORTH 800 NEW. GOD BLESS""

I'd like to think theres people that kind, but would someone really donate that to a homeless organisation?
    And he's selling an MR2, again, i'd like to think that a homelss charity would have that to sell... but really?
    On his ebay profile it also says his user ID has been changed within 30 days (small icon next to rating number)

I just think it seems a little fishy...

mtbr member
    For 2010 we changed the P3 to a single speed setup
    Specialized R&D