mtbr member

Please help with 11' Enduro Comp Sizing

Hi,

I'm coming from a hardtail 07' Specialized hardrock Sport Disc, size XL.
    Been riding it for a few years now. I used to race motorcycles and now want to get more into mountain biking. I've been looking at the 11' Pitch Pro and Enduro Comp models. I was sold on the Pitch Pro until I took a drive down to the bike shop and looked at a 11' Enduro Comp. So now i'm Enduro all the way. The only size they had at the shop was a Medium, anthing larger will have to be ordered. I'm 6'4 195lbs. So of course, the medium was to small. But I still got to sit on it and feel the suspension and compnents. I can't seem to find a dealer around here with a size L or XL enduro Comp in stock to compare.

So, i would just like to hear from all you Enduro owners out there, what size do you think I need and what size do you ride? I know the Specialized sizing chart says I need to be on an XL. I tend to like my bikes a little on the smaller size, but i'm afraid maybe the Large may be to small? Any of you Enduro owners out there my size riding a Large?

Keep in mind, most of the bikes use will be on basic trail terrain. With some DH and FR in the mix. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Dirttrackin280h; 10-24-2010 at 03:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Size...

I'm 6'1" at 190lbs and I ride ALL Spec frames in a Large. I have long legs and a medium is way too tight for anyone in this size. I would say XL but bigger riders here mights know better. 6'4" is not a comparison to me... just letting you know at my size what is good.

Best.

the bike is insane.

dying hurts.
    large has a 62cm top tube, xl has a 64.5cm top tube....
    at 6'4"...i would not rule the large out, especially since you like 'em a tad small.
    my buddy is 6'4", and always runs large/19" spesh frames (generally in the 62cm tt range).....

I'm with stupid
    im 6'2" and ride a large. im more leg then torso. Feels great to me.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. Can anyone else chime in?
    Last edited by Dirttrackin280h; 10-25-2010 at 10:03 AM.

MDJ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm 6'2" and run XL. A large would work but feels cramped to me. I prefer a larger frame with a shorter stem - 50 or 70mm at most - rather than a short frame with a longer stem. If I was 6'4" there is no way I would ride a L but everyone is different. I thought of going to a Larger but demo'd both back to back and feel more comfortabel on an XL.

You really need to test ride both and you'll know pretty quickly which one is better.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam, I own a 2004 Enduro in Large. I have felt that at times it feels a little cramped to me. I feel it's too easy to hit my knee on the headset and I want to push the saddle way back on the bike in order to feal comftorable. I also feel that the sweet spot for cornering is really tight. sometimes I get it right and I can rail the corners and sometimes the bike feel like it pushes too much. Maybe it's just me though. I am looking at getting the 2011 enduro. No one has an xl in stock but I did ride a large 2010 and an xl pitch. The pitch has similar geometry to the enduro and the xl just felt better. I didn't feel like I was about to smack my knee on the bars or headset. I have read that the command post may not be long enough on a L for taller people but none of the bikes I rode had the command post so I couldn't tell you

never ender
    I'm 6'5", tried a L demo bike a few months ago and hated it. It felt like I was riding one of those little razor scooters...seemed like every time I stood up the bars were in right in front of my knees, and on anything steep I felt like I was going to endo. With a longer stem and taller bars I suppose I could have made it fit, but the XL just feels a lot better. I've ridden Stumpjumpers and older Enduro SLs in large and been able to make them work, but something about the new Enduro platform is a lot different than either of those bikes. I think it's partly that the odd angle of the seattube gives an ETT measurement that's longer than the bike actually feels, and partly that the new Enduros have been shipping with relatively short stems and low bars. At this point there's no way I'd even consider getting a large, and I'd think the same would be true for anybody over 6'2".

mtbr member
    I'm 6'0" on a large, but my last Enduro ('08) was an XL, and fit well...

Something to consider is the "Command Post." With an on-the-fly adjustable seat post, you can get away with a larger frame, since stand over height is never an issue. I say if you're going to be pedaling this bike (i.e. climbing), definitely stick to an XL. If you're going to be primarily doing drops, jumps, etc., then I guess a large is fine.

It's a preference, obviously, but the XL will definitely be a better textbook fit.

2biker
    Feb 2008
    1,75m
    size M enduro expert 11

mtbr member
    I called into one of my LBS (Mikes Bikes) and they are going to bring in both L and XL Enduros for me to test out. That will be great, because I don't want to spend $3000 on a bike and have it not fit me. Appreciate the responses guys! Hope to be a new Spec Enduro owner soon!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    6.0 and 185lbs riding a L with a command post, which is a set back post. I have the seat moved almost all the way forward.

The stem on the L is 75mm and on the xl is 90mm. If you get a L, you can always go with a setback post and longer stem. The frame will be a little lighter and you can probably huck it around more. I think if you are in between, go with a large and adjust up rather than going bigger and adjusting down. just my opinion though.