brd
    huff huff huff...WHEEE!!!

Pivot problem on 1999 FSR Enduro Pro (I think)

Hi,
    I recently picked up a 1999 Spe FSR Enduro Pro (I think??!?) with what appears like nylon bushs in top suspension linkages. When the bolts (one each from either side on each pivot point except one through-bolt for shock) are tight it seriously hinders suspension movement. A metal insert is threaded in the center of each of the nylon bushs. Should they be nylon bushs and bolted together like that? It doesn't look at all right to me... and I can see why it doesn't work right - these pivot points are way too stiff when bolted up!! Can anyone help? (Bottom pivot point has sealed bearings and works fine).
    Thanks... BRD.

TNC
    noMAD man

BETD kit.

Quote Originally Posted by brd
    Hi,
    I recently picked up a 1999 Spe FSR Enduro Pro (I think??!?) with what appears like nylon bushs in top suspension linkages. When the bolts (one each from either side on each pivot point except one through-bolt for shock) are tight it seriously hinders suspension movement. A metal insert is threaded in the center of each of the nylon bushs. Should they be nylon bushs and bolted together like that? It doesn't look at all right to me... and I can see why it doesn't work right - these pivot points are way too stiff when bolted up!! Can anyone help? (Bottom pivot point has sealed bearings and works fine).
    Thanks... BRD.
    I have a '99 Enduro. I got my kit from Mountain Speed (MRP, not available anymore, I think), but a very similar kit is available from BETD that has bearings instead of those cheesy nylon bushings. These bearing kits make a different animal out of old FSRs. Those nylon bushings were the worst. BETD also makes a link for '97-'99 FSRs that ups the travel and improves the suspension action unbelieveably. These are old bikes now, but the design is still good and with the upgraded link, bearings, and a new shock, they are still darned good bikes.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

MRP stuff still available

I just got another full needle bearing set for my 99 Stumpy FSR. Like $30 for the set. Check out their website, new name same stuff www.ekosport.com or call 1-970-241-3518