Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brunomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    472

    Pitch pro hard to let them go

    i have 4 years riding 2008 pitch pro whit some upgrades, i have other bikes (29 hardtail,enduro pro), and the pitch is the best, it climbs better that the enduro, and i feel better on the downhills to, the thing is that pitch is getting old and im thinking of changing, whit all the new bikes in the market right now i don`t of going to the 29er all mountain or go to the stumpy evo 26(close thing to the old pitch) by the way the enduro is goin on sale, somebody just feel the same, whats the point of changing your bike if you like it?, but if you are in this forum you maybe are a mountain bike gig and check all the new stuff and feel like you need that change your old stuff, so sad.
    Last edited by brunomu; 02-28-2014 at 01:58 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Znarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    My girlfriend has a Pitch. Changed almost any component on it. And it remains a great bike.
    Why change it?
    If you like it best, just keep it.

    You´re still into warranty time, so nothing to loose there too.

    What about a new shock. Some sexy wheels. A dropper post or a carbon bar?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Pitch Pro is a great bike, but the new Stumpy Evo is like the old Pitch on steroids. Lots of great improvements over the Pitch. If your looking for a new bike with a similar feel try the SJ evo.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    888
    Hey,

    Like what everyone has said here already, if the bike is performing why bother dropping over 2 grand on a new bike. If your riding is progressing and pushing the envelope then I would suggest getting a new bike.

    I have the same feelings you are having, I just completed my 08 Enduro and after dropping so much money into it to get it to perform how I want, I'm starting to question it. The bike performs like no other and eats up everything I throw at it, I love it no doubt, but after riding the new enduro evo, I feel like I cheated myself and should have just put the money into a new enduro evo.

    My riding is progressing really fast, compared with 3 years ago I'm practically a pro rider. And in my situation I can see spending the money on a better bike, enduro evo, but if your riding skills have flatten and you just love to ride, I don't see the new frame tech that much more appealing. It would probably be better to just upgrade the components like the rear shock and fork, swap to different handlebars and stem, maybe better brakes.

    If you are looking to upgrade, go with the enduro, the frame's geo is a big enough difference to be noticeable when compared to your pitch, but the stumpy evo is not much different from your pitch in the geo department. The enduro is slacker, lower and longer making it literally a mini dh bike that you can still pedal up when compared to your pitch. Now unless you're looking for a lighter alternative, then the stumpy evo would be a great choice.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brunomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    472
    i just get a good deal on enduro pro carbón 2011 but shure i gona keep the pitch in case i don`t like the enduro, i try the enduro 5 times already and don`t like it to much, the pitch feels much better on all conditions, i guess the fork on the enduro is not working ok, the fork is a future shock 160 e, thats why i think i got a good deal on the bike because this fork is not good, i don`t understand why specialized don`t put a fox or rock shox on this top model yes the fork weight is low but thats not good for me im better whit my marzocchi from my pitch, wheight more but Works great im gona put in the enduro and see what happens,by the way somebody nows if is a problem to put a 1 1/8 tube fork on a tappered frame using adaptor, the frame can broke more easy this way?thanks.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by brunomu View Post
    i just get a good deal on enduro pro carbón 2011 but shure i gona keep the pitch in case i don`t like the enduro, i try the enduro 5 times already and don`t like it to much, the pitch feels much better on all conditions, i guess the fork on the enduro is not working ok, the fork is a future shock 160 e, thats why i think i got a good deal on the bike because this fork is not good, i don`t understand why specialized don`t put a fox or rock shox on this top model yes the fork weight is low but thats not good for me im better whit my marzocchi from my pitch, wheight more but Works great im gona put in the enduro and see what happens,by the way somebody nows if is a problem to put a 1 1/8 tube fork on a tappered frame using adaptor, the frame can broke more easy this way?thanks.
    Nope not a problem at all. Just put the 1.5 headset at the bottom and a 1 1/8 at the top and it'll be just fine. Some people say they can notice the front end being slightly stiffer using a tapered steerer as apposed to the straight 1 1/8 in the tapered headtube. But I think its pretty negligible depending on how you're riding.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brunomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    Nope not a problem at all. Just put the 1.5 headset at the bottom and a 1 1/8 at the top and it'll be just fine. Some people say they can notice the front end being slightly stiffer using a tapered steerer as apposed to the straight 1 1/8 in the tapered headtube. But I think its pretty negligible depending on how you're riding.
    thanks man, im gona do it.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,435
    Have your LBS set the negative spring on the e160. It's a GREAT fork when setup right, and it is rarely setup right.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brunomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Have your LBS set the negative spring on the e160. It's a GREAT fork when setup right, and it is rarely setup right.
    i don`t now if my LBS can do that, they only do regular service to rock shox, fox and marzocchi, change oil and that kind of stuff, whit this fork im worry because i don`t now if work the same way, this negative thing is hard to do or any good mechanic can do it? i have a good mechanic in my bike shop but i dont now how to to explain to do it.

Similar Threads

  1. Going hard
    By bridger in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 10:26 AM
  3. OT : Hard day...
    By David C in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 04:37 PM
  4. How hard is (too) hard - Muir
    By kimikaw in forum Minnesota, Wisconsin
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
  5. The hard way to get an A9C
    By BDT in forum Niner Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •