Thread: pitch or sx

mtbr member

pitch or sx

i`m thinking of changing from my sx trail to a pitch.most of the riding i do in the uk is trail riding with the odd day dh.i`m finding the sx a bit heavy on the long rides and was thinking of changing to a pitch and upgrading it a bit.will i be dissapointed?
    how does the pitch perform on drops/jumps?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    the pitch will be fine for what you want, it is a light bike and the geometry is nice, what kind of jumps and drops are you talking about? the pitch is an all mountain affair, its like a budget version of the enduro sl, if your graceful with landings itll take it im sure but its not a freeride or downhill bike where as the sx can handle the tougher stuff

mtbr member
    drops up tp about 4ft and average jumps,mostly table tops up to about 20ft,any body fitted a coil shock to one?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    yes itll handle that stuff no problem, i dont know anyone that fitted a coil shock to one, i think your rash to sell your SX to get a pitch though, just get a lighter wheelset and tires and itll feel a hell of a lot lighter, or look for a second hand 07 stumjumper, thatll do the job also

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    i think your rash to sell your SX to get a pitch though, just get a lighter wheelset and tires and itll feel a hell of a lot lighter
    +1

But will add, fast rolling tires have a huge impact on long rides.

P

mtbr member
    mine`s at about 35lb at the mo,i`m running dt swiss 5.1 rims on hope hubs with panaracer rampage tyre`s at the mo which ar`nt that heavy.thought about trying those mountain king 2.4`s? or the new continental speed queen??( think thats what they`re called) also thought about upgrading my cranks and forks at some point an maybe getting lighter,but durable,stuff.
    already running a ti spring.a lot of the kit on my bike is off my old giant ac,from about 4yrs ago,so i think i should upgrde as funds allow