mtbr member
    Nov 2009

pitch pro- used prices

i am looking at a 2010 pitch pro that is used. it is a test bike which kinda has me nervous to begin with, does anyone have any experience on test bikes... kinda reminds me of what people do to rental cars. also what is a fair price to pay for a used bike it is said be be in just about perfect shape with about 12 hours of time on it.... is there anything in particular i should check out when i go to look at it... didn't know if there were specific areas that i should be looking at that can break or wear quickly.

adam

cougarbait
    I would think you could get a new 08 or 09 pro for not much more.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

um hmmm
    Nov 2009
    tires can wear quickly make sure those aren't worn out. also check the chain and cassette. see how much wear is on those. check chain for side to side play. find out the last time the shock was serviced. Specialized requires yearly shock tunings to honor warranty.

grips are something else that wears quickly.

headset and hub bearings should be checked for play and roper adjusment.

Ask them if they will include a full tune up on the bike, replacing any worn parts before you leave the store with it.

mtbr member
    Its a test bike beings old by a shop, right?

Honestly I'd be more inclined to buy a testbike from a shop than a used bike from a local ad. Then you know exaclty what you are getting and the shop may be willing to back it with tweaks and tunes for a time.

if its 2010 tester then its probably in great condition as it should only be a few months old.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    is 1200 a fair price for the bike... i know you don't know th exact condition but it is in excellent condition. it is like 800 off from new.. i almost always but everything i own knew just cause i like having the piece of mind that there aren't any secrets.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'd say that is fair if it is USD. Many test bikes have special paint too, so it may not be like all the other 2010. I'd ask a few questions about the serial number and the year. It is possible that it is really 2009.

In my region there was a price drop for 2010, along with cheaper brakes. The new bike from a LBS was cheaper than used, but new looking, ones from local sellers. I decided on the new bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    did specialized change the colors for the 2010. the catalog shows brown and yellow bu the website shows a new titanium color that looks pretty cool