mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Pitch Pro chain device

Hi all,

I've just bought a Pitch Pro 2010 model, and have noticed that when on the small chain ring, the chain sits on the edge of the chain tensioner jockey wheel - see pic: chaindevice

I think there is a spacer behind the jockey wheel, which I guess I could remove, which would allow the wheel to move laterally and keep the chain in the actual groove.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their Pitch, and if the above sounds worth trying?

Thanks in advance!

mtber
    Sep 2009
    I have a '10 Pitch as well (German model), so I have a different bashguard/chain device than you do. The "groove" on my chain wheel, is not as deep, if I can remember right, it is only maybe a cm or 2 deeper than the other part of it. But from what pictures I have with me, it looks like mine does the same thing, I will check it again when I get it back from the shop. But I haven't noticed any performance issues.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Cool, thanks for the feedback Scott; odd that the same year build has different bashguards though! I would have thought just the paint jobs would differ, but there you go.

I'll probably have a tinker with the chain device wheel and see if I can make it move with the chain, but good to know it's similar on yours

Cheers

RXB
    B*Man
    I have a Pitch Comp with a Blackspire Stinger. The chain is centered on the chain tensioner wheel when it is on the small sprocket. My ISCG mount came with spacers which I did not use. This might make a difference.....
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

mtbr member
    Also running a Blackspire Stinger on my girlfriends pitch pro using the frames ISCG mounts & no additional spacers.

Pretty sure that's how they're supposed to run for a dual ring setup, the chain sits on the higher section when in smallest ring then drops into 'groove' when in the larger ring as the rollers are shaped differemtly to those used in a single ring setup. You should move the roller closer to the bash plate as well though so the chain cant come out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Cool, thanks RXB & Charger32! I'll just leave it as is for the moment then, and get on with riding it

My first ever brand new, stock bike, am very pleased :-)

KFC
    mtbr member
    '08 Pitch has ISCG (old) or ISCG 05 tabs?

RAD TUNES
    Best chainguide ever made, been on my pitch , 34 tooth. Cranks slide out without having to touch the chainguide. Great Design.

http://www.e13components.com/product_srsplus.html
    THUNDERBRINGERS

SCAN , SHRED , KILL !!!!!..... BRING THE THUNDER

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KFC
    '08 Pitch has ISCG (old) or ISCG 05 tabs?
    '08 Pitch has ISCG (old) tabs

KFC
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger32
    '08 Pitch has ISCG (old) tabs
    Thanks. I just swapped my DRS for a Blackspire Stinger. Fits great and lines up perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yeah its meant to be on the larger part of the roller when in smaller gear to takeup more slack in chain and as you get to a bigger tooth gear it drops in the groove to take up less chain slack. its designed to work this way. The only thing you really don't want if you can help it is the chain rubbing on the metal part the roller attaches to. I would use the spacers to get rid of that. Otherwise its perfectly norm.

And yeah 08 and 09 pitch is old ISCG tabs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice one, Hangingchads, that explains it :-) I'm only used to chain tensioners on single ring setups - until now