mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Pitch Pro...2008 vs 2010

After doing a good bit of research I decided my next bike is going to be a Pitch Pro

From what I can tell the specs on all of the years (2008-2010) are exactly the same. Can anyone confirm they have not changed them at all?

Also...I was very surprised to find it looks like the colors for 2010 are *exactly* the same as the 2008 colors (piss yellow and poo brown). Is that normal to recycle colors...I am wondering how someone could confirm/deny if a used bike was a 2008 or a 2010 if they are the exact same in every way....surely not?

mtbr member
    Yeah, pretty much the same damn bike. So if you can find an 09 or even an 08 you are looking at a good discount and you will pretty much be purchasing the same bike. Maybe small component differences but the frames are the same.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    2008 and 2009 are essentially the same. 2009 had some different parts specced for the pro, i think brakes and something else.

Essentially they are all the same bikes. There is very little you can do to differentiate them from each other without running serials or doing a bit of research.

I scooped up a new 2008 pro in bronze for 1600 about 7 months go and I'm still in love with it.

cougarbait
    get a test bike like I did.. pearl green!!

there are a handful of lightly used test bikes here in chicago, one or two might be new. ask around
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    May 2009
    basically the 08 and 010 are totally identical excepting later 010s which have a few diff. spec parts due to Spech running out. 09 models had similar but different spec gear from 08/010.
    The 010 similarities include the 08 colors and frames which have the same part number.
    As Lambda points out, there are also test colors occasionally available. The process is for the dealer to check the dealer only area of Spech's site where test bikes and even warranty recycled bikes at sweet deals can be had( and no you cant know what will be available or when until it shows up in the listing)
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Just try and find a good deal on dealer trying to get rid of 2008.
    I picked up my 08 Pitch Comp for $1400 over the summer.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hmmmm...I'm not very aggressive with my shopping but a few phone calls out of my immediate area(Wash DC) netted me a 2010 Pitch Comp at $1475, also this summer within weeks of the 2010 becoming available. BTW, the new list price is $1649 so $1500 or less is the usual street price.
    4 days later and a 40 minute drive I had my Comp it got stolen a month later but I replaced it with a frame up dream build so I'm still a Pitch man and loving it.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    get a test bike like I did.. pearl green!!

there are a handful of lightly used test bikes here in chicago, one or two might be new. ask around
    Not for sale anymore λ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    i picked up my 2008 pitch pro on ebay brand new 1320 shipped!!!! yea i know killer deal. the bike rules.. i got the test colors, kinda looks like a monster energy bike

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio
    Not for sale anymore λ?
    nah, I decided I needed something to fill the void between the heavy freeride bomber and the XC hardtail scalpel
    now I just need to find a bunch of money so that I can build it up right
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I called all the bike shops that are anything like local and only found a couple of Pitch Comps and I have my heart set on a pro....

You guys that found the test bike ones in green suck!