Thread: Pitch comp 1x9

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Pitch comp 1x9

Hello all, so I am installing a 1x9 set up on my pitch. I have a question to those who have done this set up before. I am not sure if other Specialized bikes have this but on my pitch there is 3 bolt holes by the bottom bracket that look as though you could attach a chain guide to it. I think I have even seen photos of others who have attached one at this point, how ever the chain guide I purchased (e-thirteen srs.36.w.105) does not fit this mount position, SO I thought no big deal ill just use the bracket that comes with the chain guide (the one you install behind your bottom bracket nut). So I get it all installed and everything is sticking out way to far causing major chain rub and the crank does not seat fully on the BB. I have tried repositioning stuff to see if it could fit it another way, but to no avail. So I guess I am asking if anyone else knows what I am talking about and maybe has a possible solution. Thank you.

Jason
    Fate favors the prepared.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have a 1x9 set up on my enduro, i'm using an e.13 lg1. i used the iscg mounts (the 3 bolts) on the bike. you just have to play around with the spacers until you get the alignment right, that's how i fitted mine. can you post pics?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    When I get home tonight I will takesome pics of what I am talking about.. After my first post I did a little more research and went and tinkered a little more. I am thinking my LBS order the wrong style so I may end up boxing it back up and seeing if I can take it back

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...nguide+09.aspx

This is the guide I purchased. The problem is that the mounts on the guide do not line up with the iscg mount on the bike, meaning the diameter of the mount on the guide is larger than the diameter of the 3 iscg mounts. The guide came with a plate you can install behind your bottom bracket. Its when I use this that stuff does not line up properly. I currently have washers anywhere on this set up so there is no way to get things closers. I think I may just try to take It back to the LBS

Disclaimer: I am doing this on black berrry so I probably made a lot of typos

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yeah that's for the iscg05 mounts. as it is, using the iscg mounts, you'll have to play around with the washers, i was looking at pics of the bottom bracket plate, it looks thick and it does push the guide further out more. good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0