mtbr member
    Oct 2008

New question here. Pitch 20mm front hub to QR?

Is there a kit to convert the standard 20mm front hub to 9mm QR? Would like to use the wheels on my xc hardtail. I've put the Hope conversion in place which came with my new wheels but it leaves a gap which will fill with crap in no time. The hubs made by specialized they call it a hi lo or stout?
    Last edited by andymart; 11-12-2009 at 04:08 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    hope conversion kits are specifically made for Hope hubs... I suppose that it why there is a gap...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    How about using an o-ring to fill the gap? Local Ace Hareware might have one you can use.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I thought about that. The question is do specialized make a conversion kit for this hub?

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    I'm interested in this conversion as well. Local spec. dealer said only for roval wheels (this statement after considerable time digging through his catalog).....
    At any rate, Id be interested if you discover a solution, thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just got this back from specialized customer support
    Iím afraid there is no conversion kit available for your Pitch wheels. The only wheelset that we produce that can be converted are the Roval Traverse wheels. Sadly none of the parts are retro-fittable.

I'll carry on the search

eBiker
    Specialized front hub used to be made by DT Swiss. A DT Swiss 240. I don't know if they still are and you haven't told us what hub is on there now.

Perhaps someone can confirm if they are still the DT Swiss hubs.

If so, here is your ticket:
    http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Acce...-QR-front.aspx

P

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The Hub is either called a HiLo or stout, I've seen it called both on the spesh website. I'll have a look at a 240 to see if it's the same. thanks for your input.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Had a look at the 240 looks the same to me will look for the conversion kit thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pitch 20mm front hub to QR?-pho_240s_disc_ta_fh_front_rgb_web.jpg  

Pitch 20mm front hub to QR?-pho_240s_disc_tb_fh_front_rgb_web.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    i got the dt 240 conversion and it doesn't fit afterall. will stick with the hope conversion and try to solve the gap problem

all your base
    bummer. Does anyone know if the roval conversion would work to take the 25mm Specialized Stout hub from an e150 to a quick release?
    this wold let me throw it on my fiancee's bike (doesn't ride much) and save me from buying a new one.

PB Matrix?
    Stunt Lemming?

Thanks men.

edit- asking because i think the roval wheelsets are 25mm compatible....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    you can get a front wheel for like,,, what,,,, $50 or so from Wheelworld or Jenson, that is fiancee approved, she don't care if the rims match.

The roval conversion kit will be somewhat close to $50 and I doubt it would work on a stock 25mm hub

all your base
    Thanks PB. it's prob not worth the throuble.
    my lbs has them in stock, maybe I'll take a look later this week. I've already got a cheepish disc rim on her blur, just thought it would be nice to have a ~400 gram rim on there for a race or two. She runs an 18 minute 5k (fast ) and I think she could tear it up in some of the local xc races. I've got her doing the Burn 24 hour race with me as a two man team I'm no slouch, but she might end up with more laps than me if i'm not careful. hmmm...maybe I should be thinking about a lighter wheel for me instead