mtbr member

Pearl 3.1 & an 06' Enduro?

I purchased a Pearl 3.1 wanting to replace the DHX 4.0 on my 06'Enduro Elite. Has anyone mounted one of these on their Enduro's with that frame design? First off, will it work? It fit's in the frame well, but the bushings look to be an issue. Thanks.

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    I would have gone with the monarch. The pearl is more of a XC shock. post back up after you get it on there. I would like to know how it rides.
    "If Liberace was alive, he'd be proud to ride that mofo."

1:18
    This will be a tough call since Pearl uses a 12 mm eyelet and the Fox shox (and newer RS, Monarch included) are using 12,7 mm eyelet (half inch). Because the Enduro uses a proprietary bushingless system on the back made for half inch eyes, your best bet is to try of the pivot bolt can easily pass thru the shock (without DU bushing installed). Otherwise you'd most likely have to get a shock with 12.7 mm eyelet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette
    This will be a tough call since Pearl uses a 12 mm eyelet and the Fox shox (and newer RS, Monarch included) are using 12,7 mm eyelet (half inch). Because the Enduro uses a proprietary bushingless system on the back made for half inch eyes, your best bet is to try of the pivot bolt can easily pass thru the shock (without DU bushing installed). Otherwise you'd most likely have to get a shock with 12.7 mm eyelet.
    Yeah, I don't think it will pass through the shock even without a DU bushing. Do you think there is a bushing kit to convert the two sizes to what I need?

1:18
    Here's some help and pics: specialized enduro fox dhx air 5.0 eyelets

There probably is no bushing kit since we're talking about different hole diameters here. But you can drill out to enlarge the hole any day, although I'd use that as a last resort.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette
    Here's some help and pics: specialized enduro fox dhx air 5.0 eyelets

There probably is no bushing kit since we're talking about different hole diameters here. But you can drill out to enlarge the hole any day, although I'd use that as a last resort.
    Looks like that may be the fix. It looks like the DU bushing in the RS is the exact same diameter as the pivot bolt. Hopefully I can make it work.