Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

paints

468 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BHertz 
#1 ·
im looking for touch up paints for the newer models.. (particularly the 05 enduro ;) )

i purchased one brand new off of ebay a few weeks ago but some poor packing and even poorer handling caused a nice little spot of some VERY bad scratches (or well gashes). scratches dont bother me much but i just dont like the fact of having patches of bare metal as big as they are on my frame. can any one point me in the right direction, if there is one.

#2 ·
Hobby / Modellers shops are your best friends....

Wheel your bike into a well stocked modellers / hobby shop. Feel free to ask questions and be prepared to blend a couple colors and test in small spot. You may want to buff the area a bit with some fine sandpaper and a finger so you can remove any clumpy metal, to reveal a nice purchase for the paint and enentually get a nice smooth looking paint finish as your coats of touch up are applied.

Then use a little denatured alcohol to clean and remove any remaining dirt or grease, apply the matching paint mixture in few very light/thin coats that will slowly build up the voids. Allow to dry between coats.

Good luck and post up some nice closeup before during nd after snappys.

#5 ·
ive got the flat green enduro. its not glossy like many other specialized bikes. im on pretty good terms with the local hobby shop since i run gas powered r/c cars. ill see but i dont think there are many flat colors over there. also i cant tell you the last time ive seen a factory flat painted car.

i saw specialized offered touch up paints from like 2000 or 2001 to 2004. why did they just stop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.