mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Paging; Demo 9 ‘ers

Paging; Demo 9 ‘ers
    Hello all. I would like to thank you in advance for any help provided and simply for taking the time to read.
    I have the final year of the demo 9 in red. Winter considered this bike has definitely been broken in.
    I would like to invest in a chain guide/tensioner. Any suggesting or experience also any sizing info would be appreciated.
    Also is anyone else frustrated that the Marz. Forks that come with soft springs – durh. Well that’s just me but if you find yourself with firms let me know.
    One last thought – switched to a 24” tire yet????
    I was thinking about trying it, any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by ratmfreak99
    Paging; Demo 9 ‘ers
    Hello all. I would like to thank you in advance for any help provided and simply for taking the time to read.
    I have the final year of the demo 9 in red. Winter considered this bike has definitely been broken in.
    I would like to invest in a chain guide/tensioner. Any suggesting or experience also any sizing info would be appreciated.
    Also is anyone else frustrated that the Marz. Forks that come with soft springs – durh. Well that’s just me but if you find yourself with firms let me know.
    One last thought – switched to a 24” tire yet????
    I was thinking about trying it, any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    Demo 9's came with a blackspire chain tension/guide. It works really well and have nothing bad to say about it. If you want you can get an E-13 SRS, but make sure you get the wide version becuase they are made for bike with long travel.

As far as forks are concerned. Marz is a good fork, but I prefer and currently run a Fox 40.After making the change I don't think I will go back to Marz. As far a firmness is concerned if you feel that your bike is getting a lot of fork dive then I would recommend getting the stiffer springs. Your ride will improve drastically just by running the proper spring rate for your body wieght.

I guess it's all preference, but I would never run a 24 inch tire. I used to have it on my Big hit when I owned and never really like the feel and handling. So people do good with it, and other will have nothing to do with it. Like myself. I honestly don't think there should be a reason why you would want to change. It's always been a pain in the ass finding somebody to make a 24 inch tire, rim, and anything else.

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I run a MRP LRP since I have to pedal the beast up for some shuttles. DRS, and the Blackspire Stinger also are nice options.