!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH

P3 fork ? need suggestions...

I did a search but couldnt find what I was looknig for. Anyway I am buying an 07 p3 frame and am planning on swapping most of the parts on my freeride rig onto it... the question I have is: will a six inch travel marzocchi 66 SL rip the head tube off on a large drop or jump? stock they are running a 100mm fork...I have a wedding coming up and am eventually buying a proper fork but in the mean time im just looking to get by with what I have... thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I would imagine the geometry would be way off with a fork that long, but you could always get it lowered with some spacers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I wouldn't be worried about the head tube snapping as much as the handling just being weird. You may want to check the warranty first though, just to make sure you aren't voiding it.

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Quote Originally Posted by JustFuzzIt
    I wouldn't be worried about the head tube snapping as much as the handling just being weird. You may want to check the warranty first though, just to make sure you aren't voiding it.

No warranty, it is an 06. I am buying the frame from a friend of a freind.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You want to stay as close to a 100 mm as you can.A 66 would stress the head tube alot and it would look and handle like a chopper.

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean555
    You want to stay as close to a 100 mm as you can.A 66 would stress the head tube alot and it would look and handle like a chopper.

Doing some more research I was told that I could run the 66 down around the 130mm mark maybe lower. I think this will work just fine theres only an inch difference... In time I will spring for a new fork... thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You can drop your 66 down with some spacers that will work.The fork is going to ramp up quick and be a bit stiffer than normal.But hey whatevea it will work for ya for now