Thread: p2 help

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

p2 help

Ok, I've been looking for a dirt jumper and have looked at all the usual suspects..kona, fisher, cannondale, giant, etc.

As it stands, I'm likin the p2's. My problem is trying to decide between an 05 p2 or 06 p2 cro-mo. LBS will give me same price on either approx $730. Not sure if the 06 is cheap or 05 overpriced, I'll worry bout that later.

Which would you go for?

Specialized Rida
    I would go for the 05 P2, but I do think that is kind of overpriced.

Also I am not sure, but I thought I heard somewhere that there was a recall on one of the cro-mo bikes (P2 i'm sure) maybe 06. I don't remember.
    Talk to your local bike shop about that I'm sure they would know. Or maybe I am just thinking of something else.

Anyways 05 P2

mtbr member
    i recently picked up a new 04 p2 for $400 so that does sound over priced i also say go for 05 but look around there are a few in great shape on ebay for cheap

mtbr member
    definitley go for the 06, it is an awesome bike, ive jumped it, and the geometry, and some of the stock components are alot nicer, 06 p2

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I just picked up an 05 P1 A1 frame and I love the thing. The frame feels surprisingly light and jumps really well. So I would say go for the 05 P2. Like the others said, you could always shop around and see if you can get a better deal.