mtbr member
    Jan 2005

P. Bike Sizing Question

Howdy, I'm looking at picking p a used P. bike to flog around town when the trails are all muddy this winter. I'm looking for some opinions on the sizing. I'm 5'10", my CC dualie is a medium. I know it comes down to mostly personal preference, but what are the plusses and minusses of either the large or the small. Thanks for any help.

Karl

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlm
    Howdy, I'm looking at picking p a used P. bike to flog around town when the trails are all muddy this winter. I'm looking for some opinions on the sizing. I'm 5'10", my CC dualie is a medium. I know it comes down to mostly personal preference, but what are the plusses and minusses of either the large or the small. Thanks for any help.

Karl
    It's actually long and short. Taller riders or riders with big feet often have overlap between their feet and the front wheel. I would tell you to get the long frame. I'm about 5'8" and wear a size 11 shoe. Whenever I rode the short frame, my toes would buzz the front tire when I turned or went for an x-up. The shorter frame is easier to flick around though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlm

Karl
    Yea, the sizes are short and long, i'm 6'2" and I have a long frame. I have ridden the short and it isnt all that much easier to flick around. for your size you could probably do either. unless you want the P.1 Cr-Mo its pretty much universal.