Thread: P. All Mountain

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

P. All Mountain

I haven't seen many things written about the P. Series All Mountain.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...48&language=US

I thought it looked good, and the page said its built to handle pretty rough stuff, but when I read about some of the parts on the MTBR review pages, I wasn't super impressed. Has anyone ridden one, or has anyone got an opinion about it, or its parts? Is it common for a pre-built bike under $2000 not to have great parts?

Joey
    Mar 2008

P All Mountain

Hey, I ride a P All Mountain and think its a great bike. I work at a shop in Maryland and get to see all types of Specialized bikes. It is by far one of the best bikes for that deal they make. I dont know if you like shimano or not but this is a sram bike. You get a X-9 rear derailer and an X-7 in the front. They are just like haveing an XTR derailer. You are not getting a fox fork but you are getting a Marzochi all mountain 4. I think it is one of the best forks i have seen. I love the way it looks and rides. The only thing I havnt really liked about it is that since its so stiff you feel everything you run over in the back. I think its that im not the best rider so I dont know how to ride everthing yet. You can do anything from free ride to cross country with it. I recomend you get one. They are awsome!!!!

mtbr member

it all depends...

It all depends...what do you want to do with it? From my experience with hardtails, it looks great as an all-around aggressive trail hardtail that could probably handle a mild amount of urban assault and some trips to the dirt jumps provided you dont case it too many times. It seems like a bike that would be great for all-around sampling of all kinds of riding. Its going to be a heavy climber and a good descender, but a bike that you are likely to want to add some nicer parts to (or replace them if you really abuse it). It is tougher than an xc but still has its limits. Does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Here's a question for the aol generation:

Is it really that hard to type "any" instead of "n e" or "your" instead of "ur"?

You are being judged by the way you post, whether you like it or not, and aolese conveys the fact that you're ("ur") not too bright.

p.s. The video was uninspiring, repetitious, and not very interesting. But at least he took the time to make one, unlike so many other folks.