Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

p.2 or p.2 cr-mo?

777 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  idoit boy 
#1 ·
i know that the cr-mo has lower end components, but what frame is stronger. im contemplating both. since coming from a bmx backround cr-mo to me is better. but what do you guys think

#3 ·
I love my aluminum p.2. Both frames are amazing, and I think that the aluminum one might be stronger because it looks like it is braced more. And I think that the aluminum one looks better.

#4 ·
The Aluminum isn't stronger that's the point. Yea I'm looking at the p2cromo myself.. The only diff parts are the rims and the brakes I think. From what i heard the sun rims on the cromo are actually stronger.. But also pick up both, u'll notice the weight difference. Since the frame warrenty is only manufacture defect I'm not even gunna bother with the aluminum cause i'll prob have the same frame for 2~4years.

#5 ·
im buyin a cromo aswel. the bracing on the aluminium frame of the p2 is there as the aluminium isnt as strong im sure if will be difficult to brake the frame but i just dont trust it. i cant say anything about the p2 rims but my friend has a p1 and the rims are the same as cromo and he buckled his back 1 first day of having it and it shud hav take the impact. they are both gd bikes but for the money id go for the cromo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.