mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Opinions on a Handlebar for my '10 Hardrock

I don't like the stock handlebar that came with the bike, has anyone changed theirs ?...I'm looking at an easton flat aluminum flat bar or perhaps maybe one with a slight rise on it. Any pics anyone can post for those who have done this ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What is it you don't like? Too wide? Too stiff? Answering those for yourself will help to guide you toward new bars that make sense. Another idea is to swing by the shop where you got it and have them help you get properly fitted. Position can make a big difference, as can seat setup. Your weight has to be balanced between the bars and the seat. I'd consider those choices before spending, then look for bars that address any problems.
    2004 Specialized FSR Pro
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er
    Civilian Luddite 29er SS

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    The stock handlebar looks like one you would find on a hybrid bike and I think its not aluminum either. I basically just don't like the "look" of it.... I'm looking to purchase an Easton FLAT handlebar, they go for for less that $50

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees24 View Post
    I don't like the stock handlebar that came with the bike, has anyone changed theirs ?...I'm looking at an easton flat aluminum flat bar or perhaps maybe one with a slight rise on it. Any pics anyone can post for those who have done this ?
    My opinion, get the widest 15mm rise bar you can afford, Funn Full On or Race Face Atlas are great bars, ebay they are right around $50-$60. Ride them at full width, then cut them down a bit, ride again, repeat until you are stoked on the right width.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    Bars are very subjective to personal prefference. It all really depends on what feels right to you with the kind of riding you do...

That being said, I swapped mine out for a Truvative flatbar and added some carbon bar ends. Rides great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I swapped mine for a specialized aluminum flat bar. I'll post pics later