mtbr member
    May 2007

One year warranty Enduro SL

When the warranty from time of purchase runs out what are you going to replace the blown E150 fork cartridges with when it happens.Has someone pulled them apart and machined new bits or worked out why they blow? Think these forks can be good if they can stay reliable.Don`t really want to replace a full front end. Necessity is the mother of invention!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Reiliability

I know many guys have had problems with the forks but my entire bike is still rock solid. Riding 2-3 days a week since june. I don't pull big drops BUT I don't think that is what the bike is intended for.

I am also curious about service info. Usually I service my own stuff but i don't want to botch a $1000 fork! Anybody rip one of these forks open yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I rode mine for two rides before the rebound/compression stopped working. LBS put in a new travel adjust by accident, and the brand new cartridge didn't work. They then put in a new rebound/compression and my old travel adjust, and it is still making a top out ping noise. Local rep said that those cartridges were manufactured 1mm too long, so now I'm getting a 3rd set of cartridges for both sides. We will see... The bike has been on the trail for 2 days and in the shop for 2 weeks.

I rode the bike on the same trail I ride my fisher ht xc rig, no drops or anything.

I would honestly buy a Pitch and stick a Talas 36 on it if I did it again. We need bike lemon laws...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goingleft
    I know many guys have had problems with the forks but my entire bike is still rock solid. Riding 2-3 days a week since june. I don't pull big drops BUT I don't think that is what the bike is intended for.

I am also curious about service info. Usually I service my own stuff but i don't want to botch a $1000 fork! Anybody rip one of these forks open yet?
    Trade you bikes

Seems like whoever is manufacturing their fork components is having some QC issues. You got lucky and got every part of the package within spec, I didn't. I hope once it finally gets all of the puzzle pieces together it works for a good long time.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Agree this bike will be unreal with suspension reliability and decent compression and rebound control, just dont want to keep replacing weak specialized cartridges. I have access to machining facilities and will play around with the cartridges once warranty is up .Just wondering if any body has re-engineered theirs?