Thread: which one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

which one?

sworks stumpy HT vs. air 9 rdo

need some help deciding, please let me know what you think.

If anyone has a small frame or complete build and wants to get rid of, let me know. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    This is my future decision as well! Would love to pick up an S-works SRAM, but my guess is I'll end up with the RDO. My LBS is small, and technically a non-S-works dealer, so has a hard time getting them sometimes. The bigger problem is that I'm afraid I'm dead in the middle on Speci sizing. The 19in has the TT length that would work better, but just feels huge when I stand over one (no standover for me at all, even with a 32in inseam.) The 17.5in looks better, except for the very short 23.3-ish in top tube. The medium Niners seem to be about right for me. But I'm still hoping to catch a demo day and actually try the 2 Specialized sizes. Sometimes the numbers on paper don't accurately tell how they feel on the trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think im leaning towards the Air 9 rdo at this point, given that the sworks is $7500, and can't have everything i want on there.

what do you guys think of the Magura brakes? I am think im gonna go with xtr, but just want to know what my other options are.

Thanks