Old School FSR rebuild

Printable View

• 04-04-2012
    pcmark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegfab View Post
    how do you like the Henge saddle? Thinking about getting either the Henge or the Phenom

The guy at the LBS recommended it saying he thinks the Henge is more comfortable, but it's a little on the stiff side. I'd prefer a bit more padding.
  • 04-04-2012
    RaveOn
    I'm getting old. When did 2000 become old school :smallviolin:
  • 04-04-2012
    ipman204
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • 04-05-2012
    Luca
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    Very nice.

Thank you
  • 04-05-2012
    Luca
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ipman204 View Post
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Who is this to?
  • 04-05-2012
    Bootlegfab
    @Pcmark...could you edit the thread title to something like a "show off your older FSR" perhaps we can get some more guys posting pics...just a thought...I'm enjoying seeing the older rides. BTW I got some Crank Brothers iodine 11 carbon bars today...the 740mm width is awesome!

crap pic
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...y/IMG_5567.jpg
  • 04-05-2012
    pcmark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegfab View Post
    @Pcmark...could you edit the thread title to something like a "show off your older FSR"

The original post must be too old to go back and edit. I don't have an option to edit my first post to change the thread title:madman:
  • 04-06-2012
    Bootlegfab
    oh well...was just an idea...maybe I'm secretly jealous of the "Official New Bike" threads lol
  • 04-06-2012
    pcmark
    Sold the old Mavic 721 wheelset on Ebay. Picked up an SLX crankset on Ebay for a great price. It wasn't a 'planned' upgrade, but couldn't argue the price. I also picked up a set of Azonic 420 pedals. The Wellgo's are thick and I smack a lot of rocks with them. The BETD linkage will probably help by raising the bottom bracket, but I'm going to have to wait on that.
  • 04-17-2012
    pcmark
    Bumping it up back to the front page.:D I haven't taken any pics yet with the new parts on.
  • 04-18-2012
    Bootlegfab
    I need to do the same!
  • 06-06-2012
    pcmark
    1 Attachment(s)
    New pic! Upgraded a few parts: SLX cranks, Azonic Pedals, Juicy 5 brakes, shorter stem
  • 06-06-2012
    aintnothang
    1 Attachment(s)
    Finally a thread for og fsr's. Get a lot of hate for mine. Whatever.
  • 06-07-2012
    pcmark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Finally a thread for og fsr's. Get a lot of hate for mine. Whatever.

They're just hating because you're old FSR is stilling ripping the trails just as well as the newer bikes. Nice looking bike, BTW.
  • 06-07-2012
    aintnothang
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pcmark View Post
    Nice looking bike, BTW.

anybody know the bcd of the outer chainring? I believe its 104 but not sure...
  • 06-08-2012
    kroe
    BETD linkage is worth every penny. Bought a 2001/2 (not sure) FSR frame with a BETD link to build a spare bike. Rides remarkably similar to my 06 S-Works Stumpy, and different but I wouldn't say worse than my 2012 Stumpy Evo.

It turns an outdated frame into something very usable.
  • 06-08-2012
    pcmark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kroe View Post
    BETD linkage is worth every penny. Bought a 2001/2 (not sure) FSR frame with a BETD link to build a spare bike. Rides remarkably similar to my 06 S-Works Stumpy, and different but I wouldn't say worse than my 2012 Stumpy Evo.

That'll be my next purchase.
  • 06-09-2012
    Stumpjumper61
    http://<a href="http://s1120.photobu...tobucket"></a>

'03 model with Elixir R SL brakes, X7 shifters X9 derailleur, Fox 120mm fork, rear shock Pushed, original rims that had v-brakes so black paint is worn off (converted to disc). 2011 Spec seat post and saddle. 680mm bar, 110mm stem 6 degree. The only downsides to this bike compared to later models is the rear end even after pushed is too bouncy on climbs (no pro pedal) The geometry also seems to be a little tight compared to later models which makes it better on twisty stuff but not so great downhill or climbing.
  • 06-10-2012
    Braves Nation
  • 06-10-2012
    aintnothang
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kroe View Post

:thumbsup: It's a must on an older fsr. Changed the bike so much.
  • 07-01-2012
    nobody 48
    1 Attachment(s)
    03 stumpy with longer stroke fox rp2 with neddle bearings,mavic x3.1 tubeless , xtr pedals,brakes, shifters & cassette . Update wtb pure v team ,syntace f119 stem & specalized enduro hbars ,reba 115mm .Still a great ride
  • 07-23-2012
    HitmenOnlyInc
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's my 1999 FSR XC Comp
  • 11-24-2012
    pcmark
    Resurrecting my old thread. I picked up a new set of bars and stem and threw those on today. I'll get some pics up soon. Anyone got a BETD link for a 2001-2003 FSR or do I need to put it on my Christmas list?
  • 11-27-2012
    moofish
    2 Attachment(s)
    Upgraded the old frankenbike FSR for a newer 99FSR picked up a nearly complete bike for $80 Rhinolites with Hutchinson Barracudas $45 Hayes stroker trails with 203mm discs and my 130mm RS tora from the old FSR Now I just need a new shock and one of those BETD links
  • 11-27-2012
    Bent Wheel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by moofish View Post
    Upgraded the old frankenbike FSR for a newer 99FSR picked up a nearly complete bike for $80 Rhinolites with Hutchinson Barracudas $45 Hayes stroker trails with 203mm discs and my 130mm RS tora from the old FSR Now I just need a new shock and one of those BETD links

Just thought I'd tell ya that Risse Racing makes a complete rear triangle for that bike. Ihave a 99 FSR with one and it rocks. :thumbsup: