Thread: Old Enduros

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008

Old Enduros

I used to have an 06 Enduro and there were loads of threads on here about them. Now I've searched and searched and I cant find any of them. Does anybody have the links because I have just brought an 06 frame and want to read up on them again.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I think some are still active on ridemonkey. Check the specialized bikes archive as well. '06 has the geo chart. Pretty impressive for an '06 bike: 67HA, 350mm BB height, 150mm travel. Not to mention that it can be adjusted to have even steeper geometry.
    Remember, you can put an 8.5x2.5 shock on the bike to get an even slacker geometry. 8.75x2.75 shocks also work to give you a 170mm travel ride, and if you use a coil, the suspension is pretty close to the older sx trail.
    I'm using a rockshox monarch shock right now and like it a lot. Works well when riding downhill, and doesn't wallow in it's travel as much as the stock dhx air. Also the floodgate works better than the propedal.
    Want to buy another enduro?

... After typing about it and riding it this weekend, I'm tempted to keep mine!

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    What size monarch do you have I am contemplating changing to a normal air shock if I cant get the DHX Air 5 to work for me.

I had a Coil on my old one and was great but I am keen to keep the weight down on this one so will be running Pikes and am hoping to stick with air.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'm running an 8.5x2.5. I think a low volume rp23 would work well also. By running an 8.5x2.5, you have the stock "slack" setting by using the high/steep chip, and you get one setting that is roughtly 1 degree and .25" lower than stock by using the low/slack chip. I prefer the stock "slack" setting after trying this, but it's fun to play around with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Currious what bb height you are getting with that set up? I have a double barrel in now, at 8.75 length, and with a 08 36 float up front I find the bb to be way to high at about 14,4. I was thinking that the SX Trail links might fit, and would help slack it out more and bring the bb down.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I was getting around a 13.5-13.75 bb height depending on tire. This was with a 150mm 36 and a 8.5x2.5 shock, though. You could lower your 36 internally, which would be good start since the bike is built around a 150mm fork.
    The sx trail shock shuttle (or chip) won't work on the enduro- different bolt pattern. The fork drop with the low/slack shock shuttle will help. An 8.5x2.5 shock will lower/slacken it even more.
    I think Cane Creek can shorten a shock for you. That's a fun option, because you get stock travel, plus an "extra" slack setting.

Home on the Range