Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

681K views 2K replies 441 participants last post by  MTBiker2477 
#1 ·
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
A bad photo of my nearly stock Enduro Comp. So far only mods are tubeless conversion, 50mm Straitline Vertical Wedge stem and NS Bikes Aerial pedals. The Wedge is not in the pic though. Next changes will probably be some 750-780mm bar and XO shifters.
Nice bikes posted already, I quite like the colour scheme on them :thumbsup:

//Oh and no worries, reflectors are gone now, left them on so people would actually see me at the pitch dark winter days.

Attachments

#5 ·
Here are a couple of fairly boring pics of my XL Enduro Comp that I am totally in love with.

Mods are very limited as I am very happy with the bike as it is at the moment:

# Tubeless conversion
# Command post
# Carbon fibre rock guard on frame downtube
# Sam Hill autograph on top tube

Those black/red bikes look pretty horn.

#14 ·
It took a little looking, but I found the other Enduro thread where I posted mine before: Here.

But hey, I love my ENDURO! I don't mind posting it again. :D I took my camera with me today and got some new pictures of it.

It is basically a stock 2012 Evo in XL.

I switched to a Riva seat. The Henge put things to sleep that should NEVER go to sleep.
Switched to an Answer Pro Taper 780mm width bar. The stock Specialized bar bend was all wrong for me and I like wide bars (not many trees in the desert!). I don't like how low the rise is on the Answer and am thinking of trying a Chromag OSX next.
And I added a Rock Guardz CF guard and the Straitline DeFacto pedals - which are wider and better for my gigantic feet than the AMP, but still could be wider.

And because everybody else is showing off the guard!

#16 ·
This isn't the best photo but, here is my 2012 Enduro Comp :D, Main upgrades are:

Roval Treverse Wheelset (Aftermarket not stock)

125mm Command Post

Straighline Chain Guide

NS Bikes Quark Pro Stem

NS Bikes Evidence Bars (760mm)

NS Aerial Pro Pedals

And I have put a 2.4 Purgatory up front and a 2.3 Ground Control in the rear, set up tubeless. :D

Attachments

#18 ·
07 Enduro SL Comp.

5 years on and still loving it! probably get another five years out of it.:D

Mostly stock upgraded chain, chain rings, rear cassette, tires and headset. thinking of getting the new Sram XO Trail brakes, Sram XO shifters, and some Industry Nine Enduro or All Mountain Wheel Set.

Attachments

#19 ·
I know that everyone who owns an Enduro knows how versatile they are. On a ride last weekend I went with a mate on a Merida Matts hardtail to ride some downhill and XC trails. After riding the downhill sections, I put the GoPro on my chest and videoed a cross country trail. Dave and I are pretty closely matched in fitness and ability, so it goes to show how good the Enduro can be on flatter trails. Here is a link to the video on Youtube if anyone is interested in watching.

Lee

Follow me Ourimbah XC Mountain biking - YouTube

#21 ·
Love the Enduro threads:) Love to look at all the cool stuff people do to their rides:thumbsup:

2011 Expert frame w/usual bits

xt drivetrain
Fox Float 160 36 FIT RLC
Stans Flows w/King hubs
50mm Thomson stem

Nothing too special but I love it and it's not that clean now lol.

Attachments

#24 ·
Monarch

What is the stroke of that monarch.
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

#25 ·
finally here are some recent pics of my '12 enduro comp

upgrade list includes:
command post black lite, swapped clamp bodies with a friend for the grip clamp style and kept my red lever.

anno red stem spacers
anno red grip lock on clamp.
anno red North Shore Billet 203mm post mount adapters front and rear
203mm shimano IceTech rotors front and rear.
Crank Brothers Mallet 3 pedals
wheels setup tubeless with gorilla tape
Schwable Hans Dampf tires front and rear.
Dual Position air spring, Mission Control DH, Dual Flow Rebound upgrads from bare bones Lyrik R

new wheels will be coming soon, they are much needed with the crappy rear freehub, i would also like to run a push's monarch plus, formula the one brakes, and when the drivetrain needs replacing it will get XO components, but as long as they work properly the x9/x7 will stay.

here is was right after i built it up in the shop

and right after its maiden voyage

#28 ·
2011 Enduro Expert Evo

2011 Enduro Expert Evo with the following changes,
750mm Easton Havoc Carbon Bar
ODI Troy Lee Design Grips
Renthal Duo 50 mm Stem
Brakes/Shifters remounted using matchmaker
Tires swapped with Specialized Butcher SX Front and Rear
Changed shock spring to 600#
Upgraded front Van R Cartridge to FIT RC2 Cartridge and upgrade front seals to new low friction SKF seals
Straightline Jeff Lenosky Pedals

Attachments

#31 ·
2011 Enduro Expert Evo with the following changes,
750mm Easton Havoc Carbon Bar
ODI Troy Lee Design Grips
Renthal Duo 50 mm Stem
Brakes/Shifters remounted using matchmaker
Tires swapped with Specialized Butcher SX Front and Rear
Changed shock spring to 600#
Upgraded front Van R Cartridge to FIT RC2 Cartridge and upgrade front seals to new low friction SKF seals
Straightline Jeff Lenosky Pedals
How much do you weigh? I was thinking about going to the heavier spring too, but didn't want to take away too much of the "plushness". I'm about 185lbs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.