Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

681K views 2K replies 441 participants last post by  MTBiker2477 
#1 ·
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,392 ·
Enduro 29 w/debonair

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Tire

SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?

#1,395 ·
SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?
I talked with a SRAM tech regarding my debonair. They recommend running 40psi more than your body weight as a starting point. Then starting with zero bands and tune from there by adding more bands. Im 190, and running zero bands at 230psi. Feels perfect. Mine is the M/M tune for the stumpy 26er.

#1,400 ·
I am almost 6ft (1.83) and I ride a large Enduro 29. In my previous bicycles I never used a seat post with an offset but I find it necessary with the E29. I suppose that it has to do with the seat angle in relation to the need of more clearance due to the big wheels and rear travel.

The problem is that this limits my choice of dropper posts since I need to get one with an offset so a Reverb or a KS Lev is out of the question. Is it just me or do others my size need an offset post as well?

#1,401 ·
Too much offset means your frame is too small, these days with 35mm stems available it's ok to go with that slightly larger frame, but offset still can "fix' a situation where something is too small, it's just not nearly as hard/bad to go to a larger frame size now. That said, the command post has offset. It's what I use.

#1,403 ·
I know this but if I went with the XL frame then the seat tube would have been too high to use any dropper at all. I think that the reason the offset is needed and comes with all stock Speci seat posts is the rather steep seat angle (75) vs other more slack ones. And I think that this happens because of the wagon wheels and the 155 travel that requires more clearance.

Anyway I think that I don't have many options available at this point. It has to be either a Command IR or a KS Dropzone or Eten.

#1,411 ·
Yes for sure. The seat tube is 47cm as in the official site and I have a 60 stem 780 bars combo but in order to get the knee over axle position I need to have my seat quite back.

I will try it again but I think that I can't get the proper riding position without the offset.

The thing is that if you measure the effective top tube without the offset then it is only 60 instead of the stated 61.7. So if you compare this with the 75 seat angle then I don't think that it is strange that I need the offset.

As of the XL I was thinking about it but with the 52 seat tube it would have been almost impossible to fit a dropper. Maybe just a 100mm but still it would exactly on the limit of the colar.

#1,412 ·
I ran a 50mm stem last year on my E29 and felt like a 40 would have been better.. However I'm running a 40 on my 650b this year and feel like I may need to swap it out for a 50.. heh
Been messing around with the bar height and so far nothing feels "normal",
I may have to just set it somewhere and try to get used to it.. I've got two spacers under the 40mm Syntace stem currently, thinking of either flipping the stem over or dropping down another spacer.. Feels like the front tire could be weighted a little more on some loose/sandy trails around here.. (Or do I just go to a 50mm?)
However I found that if the bars are too low, I don't feel nearly as comfortable jumping or descending steeper rock gardens, etc..
Enve DH bars FWIW.

How do you guys have your bar/stem setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.