Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

681K views 2K replies 441 participants last post by  MTBiker2477 
#1 ·
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,362 ·
Hi. As I am waiting for my E29 to be delivered I am trying to decide what dropper post I should get.

First of all should I even consider the Specialized one? I like the setback feature but what about its function and reliability?

Next option is the RS Reverb that I had in my previous bike and worked without any issues but I really don't lime the cable hanging and as far as I understand the stealth one doesn't fit in the existing downtube hole without opening the hole a little bit bigger.

Based on my research the KS Lev seems to be the best option but my main condos the lack of setback that could be an issue when I want to set my saddle position since the Specialized geometry numbers include the setback length to the effective top tube numbers.

So what is your opinion or your actual experience? Which one is better?

#1,363 ·
Hi. As I am waiting for my E29 to be delivered I am trying to decide what dropper post I should get.
Had a Reverb on previous bike, now I'm riding a '15 E29 with a Command Post IR. I liked the Reverb a lot, but I prefer the Command Post,

- Nicer lever design imo (just like a shifter on my OEM model)
- Prefer the faster return speed
- Prefer three fixed positions to infinite adjustability.

#1,366 ·
If it is possible please send it to me in a pm. I have ordered the Comp so there is no dropper included. I will first ride it a little with the regular post to see if I need the offset and if I do then the command post will be my choice. If I don't need it I will have to think it a little bit more.

Thank you guys.

#1,373 ·
Thanks for the link. To summarize, the main difference with a Reverb is the larger diameter hydraulic cable hose vs. the shift housing cable for the Command Post IR. The question is whether it will run through the existing downtube hole intended for the Command Post w/o needing to enlarge the hole, and from that linked post it sounds like you don't need to enlarge that hole. You do need the 4-cable version of the "bats" though as opposed to the 3-cable ones provided with the bike (even if you have no front derailleur), because the extra slot in the 4-cable version accommodates the larger diameter of the hydraulic hose.

#1,392 ·
Enduro 29 w/debonair

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Tire

SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?

#1,395 ·
SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?
I talked with a SRAM tech regarding my debonair. They recommend running 40psi more than your body weight as a starting point. Then starting with zero bands and tune from there by adding more bands. Im 190, and running zero bands at 230psi. Feels perfect. Mine is the M/M tune for the stumpy 26er.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.