Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

681K views 2K replies 441 participants last post by  MTBiker2477 
#1 ·
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,312 ·
Im looking for advice from you Enduro owners.

I recently had a frame snap on my Trek fuel ex9 and trek won't do anything about it other than offer me a new frame for 1200euro. Ive decided to move on and put together a new ride. Im currently looking at this 2011 size small Enduro frame. Its in good shape, other than cosmetics.

The question is if I should take it for 500bp, including: Frame, Lyric r 160mm, and stock wheels.

OR

Should I take the frame and wheels for 500bp and invest in a better fork; pike rc3 or fox talas?

Thanks

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle accessory White Bicycle

Bicycle frame Product Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle

#1,314 ·
Hi, while I don't have solid info regarding your question Id speculate this:

For a full Enduro 29er overhaul it is too soon and the market is too unsure if enduros will end up as 27.5ers exclusively or 29ers will be viable in this travel category in the long run.

I am really curious what Specialized will do for 2016.

Will they have proper 27.5 models ready?

They might do the stumpjumpers first and the Enduro line for 2017?

#1,318 ·
Thanks for replies. Im also leaning towards them doing some sort of redesign for 16. I was told that a carbon rear triangle may be in the works and some more clearance for larger tires. Which of course begs the question, do I go with the sure thing (2015 E29) or buy the potentially better 2016 that might have first year teething issues? So many tough decisions :cornut:

#1,319 ·
Complete E29 overhaul would be pretty suprising to me. But not a bad surprise.
I could also imagine that Spesh splits up the Enduro line once again. One super slack headangle model for racing and one not so slack for casual gnar riding.

Like they had with the Enduro Evo, which this year is a freerider if we´re honest.

But we´ll see soon =)

Doesn´t matter if you get the 15 or 16 model - you´ll love it anyways.

#1,329 ·
Complete E29 overhaul would be pretty suprising to me. But not a bad surprise.
I could also imagine that Spesh splits up the Enduro line once again. One super slack headangle model for racing and one not so slack for casual gnar riding.

Like they had with the Enduro Evo, which this year is a freerider if we´re honest.

But we´ll see soon =)

Doesn´t matter if you get the 15 or 16 model - you´ll love it anyways.
Well, they could lighten up the E29 if they go Boost 148. Considering how fast they spit out 650b versions, I doubt it's really hard to only change the spider and rear end, and leave the front triangle and linkage alone. Might be just that, with the EVO version you speak of, considering the testing they've done with Ohlins. Might need a more progressive linkage for coil though, as even with an air shock it bottoms out a bit too easily.

New '16 SJ FSR pretty rumors already out there. I bet they go all out on it, using the concentric BB of the Demo, boost 148, internal routing instead of under the downtube, more SWAT. If they do lower CoG with a tight rear end, even I might be lining up to get my hands on one.

#1,320 ·
Hey guys, I just got a new to me 2014 enduro comp 26 black/black and would like to get a frame protection film and would like to know whats the best and what should I be looking for. I guess thickness of the protective film.

Suggestions??

Also, I haven't read the whole thread but is there a thread or link to things I should do to the bike when it comes to maintenance and service intervals?

I have a 05 or 06 epic fsr and a 2004 hard tail stumpy and I take care of them, just the regular things. I will like to take care of this new to me enduro as much as I can

Does somebody knows the specific tools need it to take apart the whole bike as I would like to do everything my self. I have some but I'm pretty sure I will next to buy some extra tools.

What chain lube, just the regular dry one with the black bottle and red label, can't remember the name.

Will post pics as soon as I get the bike next week.

Thanks

#1,323 ·
Pretty much any PF30 crankset as long as the Q-factor is 168 or greater. I was running the NEXT crankset on my E29 last year.. Running the s-works cranks on my E650 this season. (Had a little fun getting the chain line correct with chainring spacers due to the integrated spider but once properly spaced works like a dream)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1,324 ·
Hi!

Has any of you tried a Burgtec Offset Bushinng to slacken a 2014 26" Enduro a bit?

I ordered one for the forward shock mount and will report once it arrives. I guess it should fit. There´s enough clearance on the seatstay brace and the shock mount looks like it should fit as well.

The BB isn´t high, but I run my Monarch PLus with almost 40% sag for that great feeling when descending.
I hope I can go to 35% and two less rubber bands with the offset bushing. Would let me get away with a bit more usable travel and about the same geo.

#1,333 ·
Hi guys. I am almost 6ft (1.81) and I had a test ride on a large Enduro 29 and even though it is a big bike the effective top tube seemed a little short for me so I measured it and instead of 617mm it is 600mm so 17mm shorter. It only measures 617 if I take into consideration the seat post offset but since I plan to use a Reverb with 0 offset then the real effective top tube is 600mm.

So 600mm combined with a shorter stem that I plan to use (50mm instead of 75mm) I am worried that it may be too short for me overall and not in line with the new forward geometry trends.

What is your opinion and experience? Does it actually feel too short for you?

Also have you heard anything about the 2016 model, like the 148 axle mentioned above? Would it be better to just wait instead of placing my order now?

#1,334 ·
Does anyone in the US want to call their local Specialized dealer, ask how much an Ohlins TTX 22M with the 57mm stroke (2014 Enduro 26 Comp) is, and how long it would take to get in?
I've waited six weeks for my local to (not) get back to me. I've heard it's going to cost here in New Zealand about $1600 (that's $1200US!). And not be available until September.

I'm just curious to see if they are actually available.

#1,338 ·
Well eventhough I didn't receive any replies in my previous post I went ahead and placed an order for a Large Endure 29 Comp and considering that I am almost 6ft I think that this was the correct size option.

Now I have to wait for about a month for the bike to arrive and I have to say that I am really looking forward to riding it in my favourite trails and hopefully it will live up to its hype.

Just one question. Is the new Command post IR reliable enough or should I use my trustworthy Reverb? I really like the setback option of the Command but I don't have any previous experience on it.

#1,339 ·
. . . . .
Just one question. Is the new Command post IR reliable enough or should I use my trustworthy Reverb? I really like the setback option of the Command but I don't have any previous experience on it.
The Command Post on my 2012 SJ has been flawless. That contrasts to the never ending complaints I hear about the Reverb.

Good luck? Bad luck? Don't know, but the Reverb seems to have hydraulic issues for some riders.

#1,345 ·
Hey All! Kind of new to the forums. Originally was on when I finished my first bike build (hence the user name) but then sold it and haven't been back since. I've been riding a 2007 enduro for a while now and just recently got a 2011 stumpjumper 29er. I was gonna sell the enduro but after wasting a solid 3 hours of looking over the 50ish pages in this thread I've been inspired! Gonna start upgrading components and make it an AM monster!

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

Pretty much stock except for seat post, grips, handlebars, and chain guide. I'll have an E-150 fork for sale soon if anyone is interested! Complete service last fall. =) Good to be back!

#1,346 ·
i'm on the market for a new bike. is there any news about changes with the 2016 enduro 650b?

im torn between the 2015 enduro 650b or the 2015 stumpjumper 650b.

i know people are anxious for the news about the 2016 stumpjumper. i'd like to see the 2016 offerings prior to deciding.

i haven't heard anything about 2016 enduro changes.

#1,349 ·
I am in the same boat really. I have already ordered a 2015 Enduro 29 and I am slightly worried and curious to see if there will be any big changes to 2016 models. I can live without 148boost but I wonder if there will be any major geometry changes.

Do you know exactly when will the new models be introduced?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.