Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

681K views 2K replies 441 participants last post by  MTBiker2477 
#1 ·
Hi, like the title says, please post your Enduro pictures and build specs! I know there's a 2010 Enduro thread but lets just include every model year in this...

I'll Start,

2011 Specialized Enduro Expert Frame - the only stock item on this bike. Built from the frame up with:
1. Rock Shox Lyrik 2 step 160mm travel with DH damper and Maxle.

2. Monarch Plus Rear Shock - PUSH'ed

3. Mavic 819's laced to King Hubs w/DT Swiss Comp double-butted spokes, alloy nipples. Rear hub w/Fun Bolts

4. XO Shifters and XO Rear Derailleur.

5. Race Face Atlas 175 Crankset with e13 chain guide, bash guard and RF Crank End Caps.

6. Chris King serviceable Bottom Bracket.

7. Cane Creek 110 headset.

8. Thompson Elite seatpost & Specialized Henge 143 saddle.

9. Maxxis Minion EXO 3C 2.5 DHF tires - tubeless.

10. Wipperman Connex chain and SRAM 990 11-34 cassette

11. Syncros Bar - 720mm width/1.5" rise and 60mm/8 degree rise stem.

12. Formula the One Brakeset, 180mm rotors, and Calipers w/Goodridge G* pads

13. Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals.

32 pounds as shown.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,280 ·
Before..

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

After, with new(2012) 55 ATA and carbon rims built with new spokes/brass nipples and ROVAL hubs(rear w/DT SWISS internals) and new Hans Dampf 2.35 F and Nobby Nic 2.25 R

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Wheel weights below. Wheelset came to just under 1600gr F & R. 28mm internal width rims, 7mm wider than what they replaced which was the OE Roval Traverse AM eyletted rims. Bare rims weighed 384g each.

Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Rim Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory
Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Rim Bicycle tire

#1,286 ·
Bought complete, swapped out fork, wheels, brakes, crankset, stem, post, saddle, soon the rear shock, and also added a 42 tooth cog. I've tried all configurations of 180mm/203mm fork settings with 27.5" and 26" wheels; I really like 203/26/26 and 180/27.5/26. Even with the heavier fork it surprisingly climbs better then my Reign X, likely due to the mix of pivot location/chainring size (28t) and shorter chain stays.

#1,292 ·
Gotcha. It lowers the BB and slackens the head angle vs the stock setup. I've tried multiple 26 and 27.5 variations with the fork at both 180mm and 203mm. This bike is a replacement for my DH bike, a Yeti 303 RDH. I wanted a DH bike I could spin up fire roads.

- 180/27.5/27.5 (stock): handles a lot like a very burly AM bike. Requires more of a weight shift to the rear when descending steep chutes. Corners pretty good.

- 180/27.5/26: handles like a DH bike. You're better able to keep your weight forward. Corners fantastic. Doesn't really give up anything in the climbing department.

- 203/27.5/27.5: haven't tried. BB would be too high.

- 203/27.5/26: not terrible, but handling suffers a bit. Not worth the increased rollover.

- 203/26/26: handles like a DH bike, and overall rides just like one. I'll use this setup for resort days.

#1,303 ·
Gotcha. It lowers the BB and slackens the head angle vs the stock setup. I've tried multiple 26 and 27.5 variations with the fork at both 180mm and 203mm. This bike is a replacement for my DH bike, a Yeti 303 RDH. I wanted a DH bike I could spin up fire roads.

- 180/27.5/27.5 (stock): handles a lot like a very burly AM bike. Requires more of a weight shift to the rear when descending steep chutes. Corners pretty good.

- 180/27.5/26: handles like a DH bike. You're better able to keep your weight forward. Corners fantastic. Doesn't really give up anything in the climbing department.

- 203/27.5/27.5: haven't tried. BB would be too high.

- 203/27.5/26: not terrible, but handling suffers a bit. Not worth the increased rollover.

- 203/26/26: handles like a DH bike, and overall rides just like one. I'll use this setup for resort days.
This interests me. I've been riding mine for a year now but I feel like making it a bit slacker would help. Or I should just sell it and get a real DH bike.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#1,296 ·
So I just finished putting a Reverb Stealth Dropper on my 2014 Enduro Comp 29 and I haven't cut the excess cabling yet though.

I was wondering since the seat tube seems to be pretty tight with all of the pivots instead of cutting the hydraulic cable for the dropper should I put excess cable wrapped in the down tube? This would allow me to remove the dropper housing for servicing without needing to remove the cable guides on the outside of the downtube.

Has anyone had experience doing this or have any other suggestions.

BTW I found it was easier to install the cable from the top with some excess cable housing rather than from the port in the downtube going up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.