Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    THAT guy
    Haha. That's an odd question. Are the reboound settings the same? Anyways, I would say no bounce would be better because the rebound is doing its job.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

the Chain Guy
    My biggest problem is bottoming out. I am on the small size for rider weight, around 130 without gear. I am 5'11 and ride a large. With 170 in the rear I do seem to bottom out harshly. It isn't just on drops, even plowing through rocks. I do plan on doing some resort riding with the bike so an upgrade would be nice.

Try2kpup, did you get your Monarch from Push?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So I just picked up a 2010 Enduro Evo (frame) and I will be swapping over my Sektor RL 150mm for the time being. Trying to get a consensus on what 160mm fork to throw on this thing. I like coil sprung forks and was looking at the Fox 36 Van or a Marzoochi. Looking for some feed back on what might be the better selection. The rear shock is DHX RC2.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    My biggest problem is bottoming out. I am on the small size for rider weight, around 130 without gear. I am 5'11 and ride a large. With 170 in the rear I do seem to bottom out harshly. It isn't just on drops, even plowing through rocks. I do plan on doing some resort riding with the bike so an upgrade would be nice.

For you and everyone considering a rear shock change from the RP2, I suggest getting the Fox volume spacers for the shock before going drastic with a full shock change.

The volume smallest volume spacer filled in the soft midstroke and dialed the bottom out to more a of a coil-like couch feel. That and the RP2's is tuned to the Enduro (& rebound damping is quite good)... off the shelf aftermarket shocks are not tuned to the Enduro and will be hit & miss (been there, done that... multiple times, the shims are more important to the tune than the fiddly knobs)

I now run more sag, bottom less and have a firmer midstroke.

Regardless, $25 for a 15 minute change experiment - may as well lube that shock too.

It's good for me, read here:
    Tuning a 2010 Enduro Shock - adding progression

P

THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post

I could never get my rp2 to set up right, It was either too stiff and wouldnt use all of its travel, or was too soft, and would blow though it. That and it fades pretty quickly do to its lower oil volume, causing it to "pogo" on long decents...
    Yes, I got mine from PUSH. But I believe they have stepped down from selling custom shocks to get back into simply tuning. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    For you and everyone considering a rear shock change from the RP2, I suggest getting the Fox volume spacers for the shock before going drastic with a full shock change.

The volume smallest volume spacer filled in the soft midstroke and dialed the bottom out to more a of a coil-like couch feel. That and the RP2's is tuned to the Enduro (& rebound damping is quite good)... off the shelf aftermarket shocks are not tuned to the Enduro and will be hit & miss (been there, done that... multiple times, the shims are more important to the tune than the fiddly knobs)

I now run more sag, bottom less and have a firmer midstroke.

Regardless, $25 for a 15 minute change experiment - may as well lube that shock too.

It's good for me, read here:
    Tuning a 2010 Enduro Shock - adding progression

P
    This is a good first step, I agree. However, as mentioned above, the RP lags far behind in the damping area when compared to other offerings. And the RP on the enduros isnt really tuned for the bike, its just an off the shelf medium tune made for a wide range of riders. Nice thing about a PUSHed shock (monarch or otherwise) is that it IS tuned for the bike, rider, and riding style.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Latest changes are cut steerer tube and a 1x10 conversion.
    So now it's otherwise stock except for:
    36t e13 guide ring
    Truvativ XO taco
    Straitline Vertical Wedge stem
    NS Bikes Aerial pedals

Next upgrades will probably be a RF Atlas FR bar and a X0 gear lever.

1st pic= During the ride
    3rd= At home after a wash.

//Oh and sorry about the bad quality pics, took 'em with my phone.
    ///And yup, I should trim my cables, and I will when I've got time to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-12052012300.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-12052012302.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-12052012311.jpg  

2011 Custom Transition TR250

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    And the RP on the enduros isnt really tuned for the bike, its just an off the shelf medium tune made for a wide range of riders.
    Yes, but off the shelf shock tune of medium = ? from other shock makers, which is a crap shoot, while the Enduro RP is in the proper range.

I haven't experienced fade. I usually get leg fade before I feel the shock fade

Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    Nice thing about a PUSHed shock (monarch or otherwise) is that it IS tuned for the bike, rider, and riding style.
    I agree, the best route!

P

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Shocking photo,

But my Sworks 2012 Enduro...

X0 everything
    Lyric forks
    You can see some flat spots on the xr500 rims, thinking of swapping them out for some ZTR flows, wtb or mabey even some chinese carbon jobs, opinions

It has taken my 6 months to get it all dialed, but it is SWEEEET now!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2012-05-12-11.35.13.jpg  

Last edited by ando_assi; 05-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

lost parts for my 2005 enduro pro need help

some how 1 part was lost in transit between myself the bike store and the rebuild from fox on my rear air shock. I am not the most handy of all people when it comes to bike stuff but thought i could handle taking off the rear shock to send it away for new seals. anyway long story short all the bearing had seized up on my bike so i bought them and replaced them all. Well come to find out i lost a 3.5mm angeled washer that fits between the frame and the shock strut itself. I called specialized and they said like 80.00 for a complete new bearing kit and all. no exceptions. I cant afford this now as i have already dumped so much into getting her up and running. The part i am looking for should really be 2-3 dollars max. Anyone have an old enduro there parting out. please help.

Thanks
    p.s. the upper bidwell Chico trails are calling and i need to answer.

catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by 41singletrack View Post
    I called specialized and they said like 80.00 for a complete new bearing kit and all. no exceptions.
    Sorry to hear that. What about a hardware store. These are not "Specialized" parts. I had luck ordering a screw and they've sent it for free!

P

mtbr member
    Here's mine, totally stock, I wanted to upgrade but nothing has broken or worn out yet, new tires this month for a Downieville/Tahoe trip in july
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-endy.jpg  

I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    Santacruzt100

Amazing build, that is definitely my dream build.

How do you like the Butchers on the front?
    Thanks! I love the butcher on the front, it rolls fast, is light and side knobs are great for cornering...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    SantaCruzT100 Good to here. I keep creating hypothetical tire setups for my bike to try and decide what setup I want to go with next.

Great bikes everyone, and great additions to them.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi everyone.
    Great bikes

So here is mine...

pretty much stock 2010 Enduro.
    Changes/upgrades:
    Henge Saddle
    Command Post seat post
    Protaper 710mm bar
    Ruffian lockon grips
    X9 2012 brakes
    Hope front floating rotor
    Rockgardz carbon frameguard

Future upgrades (at least ones I intend to do...)
    Lyrik Mission Control DH compression and rebound dampers
    New wheels (probably Fulcrum Red Zones)
    Monarch shock

cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-dsc01152.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-dsc01153.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-dsc01154.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-dsc01155.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-imag0115.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leiito View Post
    another pic
    Nice, what style race did you compete in?
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Has anyone else had issues with the stock headset (noisy?) on the carbon Enduro?

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by ando_assi View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with the stock headset (noisy?) on the carbon Enduro?
    No but I have a popping noise from the shock area while moving the shock up and down by hand on an enduro expert
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice, what style race did you compete in?
    The number is an annual permit we need to ride on the mountain parks here in Mexico. I don't compete :/

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26 View Post
    No but I have a popping noise from the shock area while moving the shock up and down by hand on an enduro expert
    I also have a weird popping/clicking/snapping sound that I can't quite diagnose. Only does it while riding though and seems to come from the front end.

Your killing my Strava
    Quote Originally Posted by leiito View Post
    The number is an annual permit we need to ride on the mountain parks here in Mexico. I don't compete :/

I also have a weird popping/clicking/snapping sound that I can't quite diagnose. Only does it while riding though and seems to come from the front end.
    Turns out the DU Bushing is bad on my Enduro....Damn Already?
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    All done with my 2010 enduro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-p4pb8098511.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 671 View Post
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    Very nice!
    Thanks,

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 671 View Post
    Looking good. Is that a 180 Talas?

Did you have those Chunders laying around, or are they still in stock at Bike Shops?

Website

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looking good. Is that a 180 Talas?

Did you have those Chunders laying around, or are they still in stock at Bike Shops?
    It is a 180 talas and no they don't make the Chunder anymore.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast