Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1271
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    The DB coil is a great shock and worthy upgrade.... you'd have to go through a Specialized dealer (the DB has a custom mount for the shock yoke
    That's not my understanding. Cane Creek told me to order part number BAD0612, and that it fits 2013+ Enduros.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2003 Gary Fisher X-Caliber - Mid rebuild

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks!.....It eliminates the spider and separate chain ring and is just one piece now. Cut out specifically to fit the s-works spider crank arm design. Cuts down the weight.....a little, but looks much cleaner in my opinion and because it is all one piece now it's a little less flexy at the ring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Cool bike man.

What makes the chain ring S-Works specific?
    Thanks!.....It eliminates the spider and separate chain ring and is just one piece now. Cut out specifically to fit the s-works spider crank arm design. Cuts down the weight.....a little, but looks much cleaner in my opinion and because it is all one piece now it's a little less flexy at the ring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

mtbr member
    @kbjohnson7,
    Weight of bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The way it sits now is 30lbs. With my Nevegals on it, it weighs 27.5 so I'm hoping with some carbon wheels to takes it down around 25ish or less. I'm also looking into doing a 650B conversion to it as well. still really up in the air on that one though.

kwa
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    That's not my understanding. Cane Creek told me to order part number BAD0612, and that it fits 2013+ Enduros.
    If you use the fit finder on the cane creek site the 2013 and 2014 end up showing a different part number.
    I just noticed since I'm trying to sell a brand new #BAD0612 and did some research for a buyer and myself. Small difference but I'm sure it might be enough to cause issues.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by kwa View Post
    If you use the fit finder on the cane creek site the 2013 and 2014 end up showing a different part number.
    I just noticed since I'm trying to sell a brand new #BAD0612 and did some research for a buyer and myself. Small difference but I'm sure it might be enough to cause issues.
    I am pretty sure BAD0611 is for 2013 and BAD0612 is for 2014 (for 26" bikes). The stroke of the shock is different, so you will either not get full travel or bottom out if you use the wrong shock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hi gang long time lurker first time poster.

Just thought id throw my experience up on the Cane Creek topic.

For my 2014 Enduro Evo (fox van r is stock) Cane Creek say the DBCoil to buy was BAD0299.

Wish i knew that before i brought a s-work version, it fits and works but it isn't right. Its 10mm shorter in length and has 10-15mm less travel.
    Silly me doing zero research

Changed the head angle and lowered the bb, i guess a 160mm Pike might of balanced the head angle back out but im not sure so back to stock for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kwa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy View Post
    I am pretty sure BAD0611 is for 2013 and BAD0612 is for 2014 (for 26" bikes). The stroke of the shock is different, so you will either not get full travel or bottom out if you use the wrong shock.
    I'll double check with cane creek then; this is what they told me when I asked about a 2014 Enduro 29er.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Gang has anyone tried to make or force your Enduro Evo to climb better.

Its a large and 26".

I know lowering weight for me (250lbs) and bike will help but what else, if there are any ideas id dearly like to know.

Perhaps i have the wrong model for my intentions.

I will be looking at the 2015 29er SJ's and Enduros thou.

My Stump Jumper Comp 29er 2013 i should of kept i feel

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Can the SX Enduro EXo accept a Triple crown fork?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gravity View Post
    Gang has anyone tried to make or force your Enduro Evo to climb better.

Its a large and 26".

I know lowering weight for me (250lbs) and bike will help but what else, if there are any ideas id dearly like to know.

Perhaps i have the wrong model for my intentions.

I will be looking at the 2015 29er SJ's and Enduros thou.

My Stump Jumper Comp 29er 2013 i should of kept i feel
    I changed out the spongy x-fusion coil fork on mine for a fox talas air. I feel it climbs a lot better and is much more agile in the corners, without any noticeable effects on its dh performance

Faster rolling tyres will help too

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ditched the fox van r coil I was running for a Suntour Durolux RC2 and couldn't be happier. I think the days of coil sprung forks are coming to an end.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I wonder how a Pike 160mm fork would effect the bike.

I guess it depends in the standing free height.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gravity View Post
    I wonder how a Pike 160mm fork would effect the bike.

I guess it depends in the standing free height.
    My x-fusion was 170mm, I changed to the 160-140mm talas. Did some geometry measuring before and after swapping the fork. The differences were tiny. But the bike is much better to ride

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    My x-fusion was 170mm, I changed to the 160-140mm talas. Did some geometry measuring before and after swapping the fork. The differences were tiny. But the bike is much better to ride
    Thanks for that.

So it didnt alter the handle bar height to much. I can assume that would make you need to learn more forward.

I guess its the bottom of grown to axle measurement that matters the most more so then fork travel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hey all!
    I'm looking for a replacement frame for my Specialized S-works Enduro SL 2008, size medium, carbon fiber or aluminum. I would prefer a frame from the same year so I can reuse the other parts. Is there anyone who can give me a tip on an available frame at a good price? Shipping address is Sweden.

I've been looking at Pinkbike but havn´t found the right frame so far...
    Last edited by jejzee; 07-09-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added more info

Dirt Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by jejzee View Post
    Hey all!
    I'm looking for a replacement frame for my Specialized S-works Enduro SL 2008, size medium, carbon fiber or aluminum. I would prefer a frame from the same year so I can reuse the other parts. Is there anyone who can give me a tip on an available frame at a good price? Shipping address is Sweden.

I've been looking at Pinkbike but havn´t found the right frame so far...
    Ebay?
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

mtbr member
    One short question on the endure COMP...

The decals, are they covered with the clear coat, or are they "removable"?

mtbr member
    That looks awesome Rock.

Problem is, I am considering buying a `15 elite 29. And till now, only the black with blue stripes and white letters version "leaked".
    So I wonder if I could remove these decals or would have to order a different version or bike.
    Last edited by Napi; 07-11-2014 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Why is my post above Rock`s post?! Oo

Dirt Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Napi View Post
    One short question on the endure COMP...

The decals, are they covered with the clear coat, or are they "removable"?
    I have a '13 black comp. I have no clear coat on mine. The decals are barely visible, the bike is "murdered out" The decals appear to be on top of the paint, almost like silkscreened on. Since my bike is flat black, I'm not sure how you could remove them except with some sort of solvent. Sounds Risky.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_0615-1024x765-.jpg  

How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Napi View Post
    That looks awesome Rock.

Problem is, I am considering buying a `15 elite 29. And till now, only the black with blue stripes and white letters version "leaked".
    So I wonder if I could remove these decals or would have to order a different version or bike.
    I could have sworn I saw that both alloy versions are coming in two colors. Hopefully the Elite comes in flat black like the bike above - that looks sick. You could always go with that white Expert Carbon too; what's another thousand bucks, right?
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

mtbr member
    I don`t really like the white carbon one either.

When it comes to colors I am a simple man.
    One Color. No contrasts.
    I`d love to buy flat black, flat white or even an entirely green bike, but I really hate these stripes on bikes.

Carbon is still an option, but I had to rise my "limit" from 3k to 4k already (in Euro), Carbon is just too much. My wife is going to kill me anyways, but If I buy the carbon bike, she`ll torture me first.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi guys, I have a 2012 enduro Evo and have the shock rub issue of the X-Fusion shock. The bike is in great condition for its age and use. Does anyone know if Spesh is still ready to take care of the issue? Also, if anyone with the same issue has pictures of the rub area that would be greatly appreciated to help get my LBS behind me and convince Spesh of the issue

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast