Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 2,251 to 2,261 of 2261
    mtbr member
    That's indeed a Formula ThityFive 160mm fork. I trimmed the decals a bit, the bright red '35' didn't match with the frame. Very supple fork. I was looking to get an Öhlins shock, but some don't reccommend that, so I think the best option is a Fox Float X2.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Guys if you wanna pep up your Pike a bit then I highly recommend the Vorsprung Luftkappe with SKF green seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I was finally successful in the quest to find a replacement for the Specialized Command Post dropper post with more travel. My choice was limited because I have a Medium frame and am on the taller end for that frame, and with long legs. Thus I wanted something with as much travel as possible, but that still fits in the limited available space of the frame.

First I looked at the available 170mm options. 9point8 and Reverb in 170mm were too large. Vecnum Moveloc would have worked, because of the external cable routing it needs a bit less space in the frame, but the company has severe difficulties with production and has not been able to deliver for quite some time.

But now the German company BikeYoke released their Revive dropper post, including a 160mm variant. Their construction seems a bit different than that of the other vendors and despite having only 10mm less travel, it is 5-7cm shorter than the 170mm options and only slightly longer than the Specialized Command Post in 125mm. So I preordered one in November and got it delivered last week, as promised by BikeYoke.

Another reason for making it a great option for Specialized bikes is that the release mechanism is nearly identical to that of the Command Post. I only had to replace the small barrel at the end of the inner cable but otherwise could reuse the Specialized trigger and the internally routed cable.

From my initial impression, the Revive looks very solid, but I was not yet able to ride with it (temperatures here are currently well below zero degree Celsius) and of course cannot yet say anything about long-term reliability. However, nothing is perfect, so I also have two things I do not like so much. First, adjusting air pressure seems quite cumbersome, you need tools and an included adapter for that. And second, the post has no scale for insertion depth printed on it. So there is no easy way to remember your choosen insertion depth.

Hope this helps maybe the one or another here who might also be looking for a dropper post with more travel than Specialized offers.

Cheers, Robert
    Last edited by the-ninth; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:10 AM.

mtbr member
    @the-ninth: I have the same problem, a Medium frame, but 25cm of post showing, so I need/want a dropper with a substantial drop. I looked at a number of options. The 9point8 Fall line should fit, as well as the derivates from Raceface and Easton. But reliability issues reported in the forums scare me. The Fox post should fit with only 6mm to spare, so I won't risk it as there is a 'pipe' running across the frame where the bearings for the suspension are (23.5cm down from the top of the seatpost). So yes, the only viable option is the Revive. So I'm looking to order one in the near future.

I also tried the Nobby Nic 2.6" 29er tires in the rear triangle and they fit. This is on the standard rims that are 23.5mm inside width. So on wider rims, they might not fit. The NN 2.6 is only slightly larger than a 2.4" Hans Dampf on the same rim.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Does anyone have a front derailleur on their 2015 Enduro 29? I read on page 6 of this manual that it's possible, so I was wondering. Here's the manual. I hope I'm looking at the right one and understanding it correctly. https://media.specialized.com/suppor...0000040894.pdf

I'm getting ready to build mine up, and I've selected an 11-46 for the rear, but I want a really low 1st gear, so I was toying with the idea of getting a 26T front chainring, but then I might not be satisfied with my top speed, so that's why I'm thinking about going with a 2x setup.

Even if I go with a 28T to match the low gear of the latest Enduro 29 (30T going to a 50T), that might not give me enough top end. I have another bike with a 38/24 going to an 11-42, so I'm going to keep it in the 24T to see how things go. I ride trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by FluorescentPinkPanda View Post
    Does anyone have a front derailleur on their 2015 Enduro 29? I read on page 6 of this manual that it's possible, so I was wondering. Here's the manual. I hope I'm looking at the right one and understanding it correctly. https://media.specialized.com/suppor...0000040894.pdf

I'm getting ready to build mine up, and I've selected an 11-46 for the rear, but I want a really low 1st gear, so I was toying with the idea of getting a 26T front chainring, but then I might not be satisfied with my top speed, so that's why I'm thinking about going with a 2x setup.

Even if I go with a 28T to match the low gear of the latest Enduro 29 (30T going to a 50T), that might not give me enough top end. I have another bike with a 38/24 going to an 11-42, so I'm going to keep it in the 24T to see how things go. I ride trails.
    What you are looking for is called a taco blade and makes putting a front mech possible. I have 11-42T at the rear and have 3 blades for front that I change depending on what I am riding. 30/32/34. I most keep on my 30 as I do a lot of climbing. I really think 11-46 with a 30/32 should give you what you need plus leave you with some top end.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    You need a taco blade and the proprietary SRAM FD that goes with it. You should be able to find these for sale on ebay or pinkbike. I picked up a spare set for $30 about 2 years ago. Worst case you can order from your Spesh dealer but that shouldn't be necessary, so many people took these off. I don't know why the FD has a proprietary mount, I still can't see any reason they couldn't have just made it a DM style. Surely it would have cost less to form the blade differently than to have SRAM make a custom FD but whatevs.

You may or may not find this post interesting, at one time I was interested in putting Di2 on the bike so converted my taco blade to DM. I will say while the SRAM FD worked fine the side swing Shimano works even better. I still think about Di2 but I hate the idea of using batteries on my mountain bike and really the shifting is top notch anyway.

How to mount a DM type FD on your E29

As you can see I run 2*11 with a 22t low gear and there are lots of days on the trail+road where I use the full range.

ABC= Always Be Climbing
    FD for life !

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I have a question about rear brake hose routing. I'm building up a 2015 Enduro 29, and on the seatstay right next to the brake post mount there is a threaded hole in the middle of the F in FSR. What is that hole for? I was wondering if it was used for securing the brake hose or something else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston67 View Post
    ABC= Always Be Climbing
    Put that chain lube down! Chain lube is for climbers only.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FluorescentPinkPanda View Post
    I have a question about rear brake hose routing. I'm building up a 2015 Enduro 29, and on the seatstay right next to the brake post mount there is a threaded hole in the middle of the F in FSR. What is that hole for? I was wondering if it was used for securing the brake hose or something else.
    Mine is a year older. Holds the brake line.
    Brake Line

mtbr member
    Sometimes that brake guide causes the hose to route in a strange way where it might not move smoothly through the whole range of the suspension. Try it with the shock removed and make sure it moves to your liking. With my previous brakes I decided using that guide sucked and just zip-tied the cable there with some soft-side velcro underneath to put the cable at a better angle. Then I moved to Saint brakes, and the banjo is on the other side of the mounting bolt so now it doesn't make sense to attach the hose to the seat stay at all:

So, YMMV.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546