Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 2,151 to 2,170 of 2170
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hey,

Did anyone try putting a semifatty in the rear on a 650b model? I tried with some success on my fork with a 2.8 NN, but thought I'd save myself the trouble asking here rather than having to mount it in the rear just to check.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i have a 2015 enduro carbon medium, and have been through 3 dbinlines, and 1 dbair. Is there a coil shock that would fit this frame and standard yoke? thx!

The Fastest of Bananas
    Push ElevenSix. Or a Fox X2. The Frame actually is better designed for airshocks due to the leverage ratio, but Cane Creeks seem to not hold up for whatever reason.

The Ohlins STX is a good air option too. Or a Monarch. Plenty of options really

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i see a couple ohlins stx-22's for sale. whats the consensus of the better air shock to go in this frame,ohlins or monarch? thx

mtbr member
    Push ElevenSix x 1. I went through 3 DBInlines before making the switch.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by gosts View Post
    i see a couple ohlins stx-22's for sale. whats the consensus of the better air shock to go in this frame,ohlins or monarch? thx
    I blew up a fox float, double barrel air and a ohlins stx 22. Now I am on the monarch and it lasted longer so far that everything except the ohlins. We will see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The Fastest of Bananas
    FWIW i broke my frame before my CC failed. I run compression fairly open.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'd do an Avy coil or Push 11-6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gosts View Post
    i have a 2015 enduro carbon medium, and have been through 3 dbinlines, and 1 dbair. Is there a coil shock that would fit this frame and standard yoke? thx!
    Ohlins TTX. About 3/4 cost of the Elevensix. Yellow would look good in that carbon frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    OK so I tried jamming my 2.8 NN in the rear wheel and it cleared with about 4-5mm clearance in every direction, wouldn't recommend running it though. At least it means the frame can clear 2.5s

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Notched View Post
    Ohlins TTX. About 3/4 cost of the Elevensix. Yellow would look good in that carbon frame.
    The yellow does look good on my black 2014 but it's not in the same ballpark as the ElevenSix in my opinion. I only got one ride on the ElevenSix but it was really nice. I thought the Ohlins would be close for less money. Nope.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    I would like to try an Elevensix, but it's not the kind of product you can demo easily. I'm happy with the TTX, I don't touch it other than increase the low speed damping a little for long climbs. So I can't see the need for the second circuit offered by Push. I'd like to try the STX but have gone off air shocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Notched View Post
    I would like to try an Elevensix, but it's not the kind of product you can demo easily. I'm happy with the TTX, I don't touch it other than increase the low speed damping a little for long climbs. So I can't see the need for the second circuit offered by Push. I'd like to try the STX but have gone off air shocks.
    There is no reason to try it, just buy it. I swear that Darrin and the crew fill them with the body fluids of unicorns and fairies to get the ride quality. Simply nothing else like it on the market.

The second circuit does exactly what you are asking for, but gives you options if you change your mind. It also happens to be lighter than the CCDB as well.

mtbr member
    My issue is that obviously without trying it, I'm not sure how much better for my riding it could be. Yes if I was coming off the stock shock, CTD or Monarch Plus (which I still have) it would be different. But the TTX is the first shock I've owned in a long time that has usable adjustments. I had Dougal remove half the shim stack f from my Pikes and even then it was still too harsh.
    Whereas the Ohlins has been great out of the box.
    Believe me I've thought about the Elevensix. Anything custom will work better than an OEM version, especially if you are at the end of the weight ranges.
    I couldn't decide what the two circuits would be, DH and trail? I like it plush 99% of the time. I'm not sure about a climb mode. You never know, if I see someone my weight with one, I'll push them off and give it a test ride!
    Edit. I think everything else would be lighter than the TTX

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Any recommendations for a replacement BB for my Carbon E29? I've been replacing once a year and I'd like to get something that lasts longer if it's out there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I had fairly good luck with my BB once my LBS glued in the alloy cups. The bearings wore out pretty fast but it was easy and cheap enough to pop them out and replace them, although the last time I did that the cups started moving out as well so obviously they weren't glued in anymore at that point. Never the less I had no creaking until recently. Rather than go back to that same solution I bought the Wheels Mfg screw together BB. This is similar to the one made by Enduro Bearings (torq tite) but quite a bit cheaper. I've only ridden it once since then but the creaking was definitely gone. I only needed one wrench from them as I was able to keep the other side from spinning with an old hook spanner I had laying around although you could manage the same with a screwdriver or something. I found that I also did not need to press the one side in, it slipped in easily enough by hand.

Anyway I think these screw together BB"s are the way to go, and the Wheels one is much cheaper than the Enduro one.

Either way, you still have to replace these thin Pf30 bearings quite often, twice a season for me, but they're cheap ($8-10 apiece) and easy enough to knock in and out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k-addicted View Post
    I've been replacing once a year and I'd like to get something that lasts longer if it's out there?
    Any idea why they're wearing out so fast? Lots of K's, wet?

I don't ride in the wet but often have my bike on the bike rack driving for work, so it gets water trapped that way.
    I replaced the BB with one of these with the optional storm drains (my frame doesn't have any holes under the BB
    BB30 Internal Press-fit Bottom Bracket - MCI30 (Monocrome)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-screenshot_20160909-073907-01.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    quick question- is there a washer that goes on the allen bolt that attaches the shock to the yoke? I ask because i do not have a washer on my bolt, and the bolt seems to be bottoming out instead of getting super tight. It is getting tight enough i believe, and there is no play i can feel in that connection, but thought i would ask as i am getting a small amount of knocking coming from that area, especially when going fast out of the saddle on chunky stuff. I am running a DBair on a 15 enduro carbon 27.5. thanks!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Some shocks require the washer. I thought it was only Rock Shox. My Inline doesn't need it. If you've got play, it's worth a try.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Thanks. I don't have any play that i can feel with my hand, and the inline did not need one, nor did my dbair come with one. Not sure if i need one, and my try just to check it out. Anyone running a dbair comment on whether they use a washer or not? thx

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344