Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WildFingas View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "cheaper model EVO" but I have a 2010 Comp with the EVO conversion and Lyrik RC2DH and I take to bike parks all the time and do shuttle runs with it. Should not have any issues.
    There is a base model and Expert model. I went with the base model. I rode it last Sunday at Whistler and it handled everything I threw at it. A-line, Dirt Merchant and many of the tech trails where all great on the bike. Stock the bike is 35.6lbs but once I get my new fork installed (2013 Lyrik RC2DH) the bike will be a lb lighter!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Damn you already got the bike and went to whistler!! you are a mad man!!

I just gain a pound on my enduro comp by adding 30" bars and trail kings front and back, now I am up to 34.

I have that same lyrik and love it!!

mtbr member
    I bought the bike on a Wednesday, did a 6 mile local trail ride to get the cockpit dialed then went to Whistler a few days later!

the bike now has a command post but it only added 100g. The stock seat post was crazy long and heavy!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    So I finally blew out my air shock, which gives me a good excuse to put on the evo kit I have had for the last 8 months.
    I cant seem to find any good information on what spring weight I should be running.
    2011 Large Enduro, I am 6'3" and 225 pounds. The shock came with a 500#X57 spring and it is way to soft. I can bottom it out just barely bouncing on it.

From all of your experiences, should I go with a 550# spring or 600# spring?
    And should I go with a longer spring too? It seems it will clear the frame, maybe a 65?

Thanks for the help!

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    i think you might have trouble getting a 600 to fit....i am facing the same dilema on my sxt as ive put some muscle on over the off season. If you get one to try, make sure you have a return policy support.
    cost me a fortune in new clothes & riding gear!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

I am about that same weight and am using a 600 lbs spring and it feels good for me. My evo kit came with a 600 and got lucky.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    My 2013 Enduro Evo. New fork, brakes and command post will be mounted up next week!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-101.jpg
    today i climb like 1000mts (about 9500ft) in the whole ride at a very good pace, after a lot of trying in the set up to make the bike climb good i think now got it right, i now that the bike downhills great, but in my rides i have to climb a lot to get to the good trails and go down, i think now is a true do it all mountain bike

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    I am about that same weight and am using a 600 lbs spring and it feels good for me. My evo kit came with a 600 and got lucky.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Could you tell us the spring make please? is it a fox one?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingboy View Post
    Could you tell us the spring make please? is it a fox one?
    It is the fox spring, and it came on the shock when I bought the kit. Was my only spring choice. I remember that I bought a 550 from pricepoint.com after getting the kit in fear that the 600 would of been to still.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    I am around 225lbs and on my two rides I have on my '11 Evo I have used a 800lb spring but I think that is too firm. I am off out tonight to try out the 700lb that I also have. I have come from an RS Monarch so the plushness of a coil is deceptive in how much sag it actually gives you. The 800 felt nice bouncing on the bike and on big hits but the sag was too little and it was too choppy over small and medium bumps.

Fingers crossed that the 700 will be fine. I'm going to hit some rocks and roots as hard as I can tonight to see how it feels.

HRP
    mtbr member
    Just picked this up. Only upgrade so far are 780mm Renthal Fatbar handlebars I had on my Stumpy and a Command post. Going to send the shock to X Fusion so they can covert it to an HLR and next up will be a brake, rear derailleur and shifters upgrade. Will probably go with XOs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HRP View Post
    Just picked this up. Only upgrade so far are 780mm Renthal Fatbar handlebars I had on my Stumpy and a Command post. Going to send the shock to X Fusion so they can covert it to an HLR and next up will be a brake, rear derailleur and shifters upgrade. Will probably go with XOs.

Sweet rig. Go XO all the way, love Sram's stuff.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Single ring tryout :P

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2013-06-12-18.22.47.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HRP View Post

Can the Vengeance R be converted to the HLR?
    I have one on my 2013 Enduro Evo that I'd love to upgrade!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Hi Lynch, It should be possible, refer to their website http://www.xfusionshox.com/service.html , they have Vengeance HLR Damper Cartridge Upgrade, you can contact them for the part number

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Okay, I need some more help now.
    So I called x fusion, they told me for my 2011 enduro frame I would have to buy a "special coil" through a specialized dealer. They say it requires a spring that they only make for enduros and only for specialized. So I called my local specialized dealer and they say specialized is out of all springs for enduros and to check back some time mid summer.

Just a note the x fusion guy told me a stock length spring would coil bind and probably rub the frame.

I know you guys have some experience on this, so who has used a 600# by 65 spring on a 2011 large enduro?

Or does any one have a 600# xfusion enduro coil they would be willing to sell?

Thanks for the help yet again!!
    Brian

HRP
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    It can be converted to an RC with a cartridge upgrade which I think is around $200. Not sure about HLR but dont think so.

HRP
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajatoy View Post
    Okay, I need some more help now.
    So I called x fusion, they told me for my 2011 enduro frame I would have to buy a "special coil" through a specialized dealer. They say it requires a spring that they only make for enduros and only for specialized. So I called my local specialized dealer and they say specialized is out of all springs for enduros and to check back some time mid summer.

Just a note the x fusion guy told me a stock length spring would coil bind and probably rub the frame.

I know you guys have some experience on this, so who has used a 600# by 65 spring on a 2011 large enduro?

Or does any one have a 600# xfusion enduro coil they would be willing to sell?

Thanks for the help yet again!!
    Brian
    Check Marzocchi. I've seen several Enduro Evos with titanium coil upgrades from Marzocchi. Little bit more expensive but another option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Also check fox, they make a 2.35 spring for the dhx series that fits and I believe it the same size as the one you have.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    BTI | products matching "cane" (page 2)

First question, I imagine it wouldn't hurt to run a slightly longer travel spring?
    The only issue I see is frame clearance right? It shouldn't coil bind being to long?

The link above, I found a cane creek spring 2.250" stroke. (Should be 2.125" hence the longer length question). I.d. Is the same at 1.43" and it i dont know the free length.
    I'm thinking this should work, does any one know what length spring they have on their enduros?
    At $24.99 I think I will try it to see if it will rub.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Don't go with anything longer than 2.35" fox makes those odd sizes and they fit the fusion shock

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post

Very nice build!!!
    ...e muito parecida com a minha!!
    (very similar to my build)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post

What top guide are you using here?