Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2217
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone riding a 16 Expert Carbon or S-Works yet? Hoping to hear some thoughts on how the Ohlins is performing.

I had a 15 Expert Carbon and, like many, loved when the DBinline when it worked but had to swap it out for a new one because the air and oil were mixing making it feel terrible.

I switched to a V2 Bronson for a little bit and missed the hell out of my Enduro 29 so am going back. Have a 16 S-Works Enduro 29 on the way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanM View Post
    I switched to a V2 Bronson for a little bit and missed the hell out of my Enduro 29 so am going back. Have a 16 S-Works Enduro 29 on the way.
    Care to share a bit more about your Bronson V2 experience? What was it specifically you liked more about the E29?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rondre3000 View Post
    Care to share a bit more about your Bronson V2 experience? What was it specifically you liked more about the E29?
    Quite simply, the Enduro just does everything the V2 Bronson does but better. Climbing there's almost no comparison with the upper hand going to the E29. Descending, believe it or not, is also more interesting on the E29. Contrary to most opinions of 29ers the E29 is more playful than the smaller wheeled V2 Bronson. That said, I used to ride a V1 Bronson and it had the upper hand over both the V2 and E29 on playfulness. They did something with the leverage on the V2 bronson that just mutes out too much of the trail....doesn't have the pop I hoped it would even after fumbling with air pressures on the Float X. I am just also a HUGE fan of the E29 at this point. I've owned so many of these new bikes and for me, the E29 trumps them all. I just didn't find any advantages on handling or playfulness from the V2B over the E29 at the end of the day with too many other advantages in the E29.

mtbr member
    Quite simply, the Enduro just does everything the V2 Bronson does but better. Climbing there's almost no comparison with the upper hand going to the E29. Descending, believe it or not, is also more interesting on the E29. Contrary to most opinions of 29ers the E29 is more playful than the smaller wheeled V2 Bronson. That said, I used to ride a V1 Bronson and it had the upper hand over both the V2 and E29 on playfulness. They did something with the leverage on the V2 bronson that just mutes out too much of the trail....doesn't have the pop I hoped it would even after fumbling with air pressures on the Float X. I am just also a HUGE fan of the E29 at this point. I've owned so many of these new bikes and for me, the E29 trumps them all. I just didn't find any advantages on handling or playfulness from the V2B over the E29 at the end of the day with too many other advantages in the E29.
    Very interesting...thanks! I've been on 2 different 650b bikes (Bronson V1 and Nomad 3) since selling my E29 last year. Was looking to get back on an E29 again next year because I wanted to give 29'ers another chance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Guys what length stems do you use? I am 5.11 or 1.82 and I ride a large Enduro 29 and I have experimented with 50 and 60mm stems before settling for a 75mm one which is the original stem length of the large Enduro when it was first introduced in 2014.

So the question is why did Specialized decide to go from 75 and 90mm down to 60 for both L and XL in the following years since they didn't make any other geometry changes? Could it be just for marketing purposes since shorter stems are the current trend even if a bike was not initially designed with them as stock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    Guys what length stems do you use? I am 5.11 or 1.82 and I ride a large Enduro 29 and I have experimented with 50 and 60mm stems before settling for a 75mm one which is the original stem length of the large Enduro when it was first introduced in 2014. . . .
    I'm 5'10.5", large E29 Expert. 40mm stem. Same effective reach as a medium with stock 60mm stem, my usual size. Gives me a longer front center with excellent stable but snappy handling.

Eureka! Sweet spot set-up.
    15 Enduro Expert 29, SW build - 27.6 lb
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Guys what length stems do you use? I am 5.11 or 1.82 and I ride a large Enduro 29 and I have experimented with 50 and 60mm stems before settling for a 75mm one which is the original stem length of the large Enduro when it was first introduced in 2014.

So the question is why did Specialized decide to go from 75 and 90mm down to 60 for both L and XL in the following years since they didn't make any other geometry changes? Could it be just for marketing purposes since shorter stems are the current trend even if a bike was not initially designed with them as stock?
    My assumption is that they widened the handlebars so to compensate for the effective reach increase they reduced the stem length.

mtbr member
    May 2015

It has become more common to use shorter stems - it's not just Specialized. The idea is that it gives you more control over steering and also keeping the wheel from moving around and side to side when you are hitting rough terrain at speed - especially going downhill. Now that bikes that are "all around" bikes with more travel and geometry that allows going very fast over rough terrain are widely available and much more popular, we are seeing changes. First we saw bars get wider and wider, which pulls your position on the bike forward. The shorter stem can accommodate for that and put you more in the proper position for an AM/Enduro style bike, which is more in the middle, not forward (which is more what you would want on a cross country bike). But the combination of a wide bar and shorter stem gives you more control over the front end when you are blasting down a mountain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thank you guys.

I understand the benefits of the short stem & long bars combo and my usual setup across different bikes was 50-60mm stem and 780mm bars but somehow I feel more balanced with the 75mm stem and 780mm bars on the Enduro. I suppose that it all comes down to personal preference and fit but I really hope that the new Enduro would have a longer reach than the current one.

mtbr member
    . . . but I really hope that the new Enduro would have a longer reach than the current one.
    With myself going one size up to large E29 as I described in #1706, the downside is the height of the seat tube.

By not designing the frame with a longer front center and short stem, the higher seat tubes may give shorter riders a bit of dropper seat post restrictions. I find that to get the right height for climbing, I have about .25" to spare if I wish to drop the dropper posts overall height. Just lucky for me that I have enough adjustment, though barely.

So if Specialized is to design a new Enduro 29 frame with a longer front center, I hope they shorten the seat tube length accordingly.
    15 Enduro Expert 29, SW build - 27.6 lb
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Well I am 1.82 or 5 11 and the large size is the proper one for me since I am in the lower end of the size but still I find that compared to other models I need to make some compromises for the Enduro since the effective top tube is quite short for the size despite the fact that the reach is OK in theory.

For example the stated 61.7 effective top tube is measured with the almost 20mm offset post included so unless I use an offset dropper then I can't get a proper pedaling position. And regarding the stem as I have already mentioned I don't think that the shorter stems really work since this is not a bike designed based on the forward geometry concept. And yes a wider handlebar could help but with their backsweep they tend to further shorten the reach unless of course it is a straight flatbar.

Of cource I could have gone for the XL size instead but then the seat tube would have been too high and I would have to use only a 100mm dropper. It would also be too long and I also feel that the XL looks a little bit awkward especially in the top tube and seat tube junction and also in the head tube.

Anyway despite the above the E29 is the best bike I have ever had and hopefully the next model would be even better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

6 ft 1 (185 cm) with 35 inch inseam (90 cm). I'm on a large E29 with a 40mm stem and a 780mm bar, 1" rise.

I much prefer the 40mm to a 50mm, and (personally) I'd not go beyond 50mm on a bike like this. The handling is just so much better.

Regarding the change in factory stem length: The riders at Specialized (and other companies) have been riding shorter stems for a while now. And I wouldn't say the bike was designed around a long stem. It works great with a short stem. It's just that there was a tradition to having stem length increase with frame sizing. Maybe it was to accommodate extremes at the end of the spectrum of frame sizes, and maybe people in turn came to expect it. Anyway, I'm glad that people don't have to test ride a larger Enduro bike with an 80mm stem anymore and then think it is a crappy bike.

Finally, to each their own. The first thing I change on a new bike is the cockpit, so I don't really care what length of stem it came with.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hello guys, i am an owner of intense carbine, this year i am thinking to buy a used 2015 s works enduro frame.

I am 1.74cm and my bike is medium, my new frame will be large.
    What do you think about the size? Will it be better with 35-40 stem?

Thnks in advance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Paraskeva (we have the same name) I think that you need to try different stem lengths to decide but I don't think that you will need anything lonher than 50mm. On the other side the large in theory could be a little big for you (for example the seat tube could be too high to put a dropper) but if you have tried and it is OK then just do it.

@ Vanguard. So 40mm stem? As you said it all comes down to personal preference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I think a l would be to big for you Paraskeva😞 I have a L and i am 1.85 and i fits perfect for me. But try if you have the chance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey Guys I have a 2015 Enduro expert with the OEM carbon sram cranks, I want to remove the spider and do a direct mount. It has a press fit bottom bracket but heard to use the GXP rings? I know the offset is different on the gxp vs bb30 direct chainrings. Can anyone confirm the correct one?

example
    bb30 - absoluteBLACK | SRAM Round BB30 chainring
    gxp - absoluteBLACK | SRAM Round GXP chainring

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

Sim
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    schoolisbad, The GXP chain ring fits. The chain line will be off if you don't change the spacers. You need a 10mm spacer from a road crank, SRAM Truvativ BB30/PF30 Crank Arm Spindle Spacer, Drive Side 9.11mm and a 2.5 mm spacer kit. Remove the 15 mm spacer and use the 10(9.1) and 2 2.5 spacers to move the chain line towards the BB.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I have an Enduro expert 29er with the new ohlins stx22 installed. Love it so far! Is anyone else running the same shock? If so care to share what settings you are running on your setups

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolisbad1 View Post
    Hey Guys I have a 2015 Enduro expert with the OEM carbon sram cranks, I want to remove the spider and do a direct mount. It has a press fit bottom bracket but heard to use the GXP rings? I know the offset is different on the gxp vs bb30 direct chainrings. Can anyone confirm the correct one?

example
    bb30 - absoluteBLACK | SRAM Round BB30 chainring
    gxp - absoluteBLACK | SRAM Round GXP chainring
    I just did this myself. I have a '13 carbon enduro expert, but it has the same bb (SRAM PF30) and crankset (Custom SRAM S-2200, carbon, PF30 spindle) as the '15. Normally you would go with a 0mm offset with this bb but there is a custom set up that Specialized had Sram do on the bb - apparently it has a different spindle length than any other bb30. Therefore you need a 6mm offset, which is what you get with the GXP chainring. I was told this by both Sram Tech. support and Specialized customer service, after making multiple phone calls to both, and initially receiving conflicting info. I finally got the story straight and spoke to 2 people from both companies that knew what they are talking about. I got the GXP chainring and put it on, and it's right in the middle of the cassette. It's perfect. I went with Absolute Black GXP Oval 32.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Anyone riding a 16 Expert Carbon or S-Works yet? Hoping to hear some thoughts on how the Ohlins is performing.

I had a 15 Expert Carbon and, like many, loved when the DBinline when it worked but had to swap it out for a new one because the air and oil were mixing making it feel terrible.

I just switched my DB Inline to the new Ohlins stx22 and I love it way more than the cane creek. I am still trying to tweak and tune the shock to my trails and my riding style. I have about 15 miles on it so far and I am glad I switched.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    How do you like the oval ring? I've been considering it

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by avinad View Post
    I just switched my DB Inline to the new Ohlins stx22 and I love it way more than the cane creek. I am still trying to tweak and tune the shock to my trails and my riding style. I have about 15 miles on it so far and I am glad I switched.
    Does anyone know when the stx22 will be available to buy for Enduro owners of previous models?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolisbad1 View Post
    How do you like the oval ring? I've been considering it
    It works great and I think it makes sense. It does seem to move through the pedal stroke easily when at the weakest point (vertical). On their website the say the people that notice the most benefit are those that go from the same size round ring to the same size oval ring. I went from a 2 by system 24t/36t to the oval 32t so it's not really an apples to apples comparison for me. But I do think it works like they claim it does on their website.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm Oldie but goodie

Hi guys,

This is my 2009 Enduro S-works.
    I love it, but it needs a refresh.

I will soon revamp it to top spec by today's standards.
    I want it to become more stealthy, with just some splash of colour. A very custom build...
    It has been a very faithful warrior till this day nevertheless.

Hope all you Enduro lovers enjoy it!

(ps: I'll post some pics of it when i finish.)

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-photo-09-12-12-15-54-30-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151201_144345.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-20151201_132908.jpg

Test fitted Nobby Nic 3.0 front and back

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Could you please post some clearance photos as well?

mtbr member
    [Does anyone know when the stx22 will be available to buy for Enduro owners of previous models?]

They are available now from your local Spesh dealer. I had one available to me last week and passed it up for the PUSH ELEVENSIX.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-att_1449006853276_38684.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-att_1449006862622_38682.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-att_1449006857610_38683.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-20151202_082936.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-20151202_082828.jpg
    Could you please post some clearance photos as well?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Great. Thank you. It looks however quite tight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Can you also measure the BB Height now?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Does the tire rub/slide the fork or the stays, for example when landing jumps or cornering aggressively?

I'm asking because I noticed some flex in the E29 wheels under hard cornering, occasionally causing the tire to slightly slide against the stays (with 2.3 tires).

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by softbatch View Post
    Can you also measure the BB Height now?
    13.5 inches or 343mm so slight drop, I have 170mm cranks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Does the tire rub/slide the fork or the stays, for example when landing jumps or cornering aggressively?

I'm asking because I noticed some flex in the E29 wheels under hard cornering, occasionally causing the tire to slightly slide against the stays (with 2.3 tires).
    My stock wheel set was flexy but never notice any rubbing or signs of it, got four rides with the 2.8 wtb out back and havent notice any rubbing and the wtb i45 rims are flexy too, definitely have rubbing with the 3.0 back there

mtbr member
    Bunged a Marsh Guard on the back. I have a couple spare. I'm tempted to trim the seat stay one down a bit and mount a second one on the chainstay.

Just in time for summer of course.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-rsz_img_0491.jpg

mtbr member
    I've been running a similar setup on the back with a homemade one from a friend for several months now:

Mainly all it does is keep some of the mud off the back of the shock and S-link pivots. Not as useful as having one on the fork which actually keeps stuff from getting on *you*, not so with the back one. I still like it though.

mtbr member
    Hello Ladies,
    Would anyone be so kind as tell me if I have a chance of mounting this: Cane Creek 40 Series EC44/40 Bottom Cup ( Cane Creek 40 Series EC44/40 Bottom Cup > Components > Headsets > Headset Lowers | Jenson USA ) so I can throw a tapered fork onto my 2006 Enduro Elite?
    Many, many thanks in advance!!!
    John
    I often start riding and cannot stop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iksobarg View Post
    Hello Ladies,
    Would anyone be so kind as tell me if I have a chance of mounting this: Cane Creek 40 Series EC44/40 Bottom Cup ( Cane Creek 40 Series EC44/40 Bottom Cup > Components > Headsets > Headset Lowers | Jenson USA ) so I can throw a tapered fork onto my 2006 Enduro Elite?
    Many, many thanks in advance!!!
    John
    I'm assuming that 2006 has a 1 and 1/8" head tube. There is no way to run a tapered steerer with that. Sorry to give you the bad news, ma'am.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi guys,
    Maybe not the right place to ask,but I have problem with my Specialized Enduro 2012 shock.It's fox float rp2.
    With the shock fully deflated ( all the air out via the schrader valve )
    the shock can not compress fully.About 1cm of the shaft is still exposed.I guess it can not use it's full travel that way.
    Is that normal for that shock and frame combo ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Can anybody give a ride report for the new Öhlins STX22 on the E29?

Especially how it compares to other shocks in its class (DB Inline, Fox Float X, Monarch Plus).

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Can anybody give a ride report for the new Öhlins STX22 on the E29?

Especially how it compares to other shocks in its class (DB Inline, Fox Float X, Monarch Plus).

Thanks!
    I am also interested in this. But particularly how it really compares to the Ohlins TTX coil (although I doubt many have had the privilege to compare the two).

Girani2486

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Last edited by Girani2486; 02-15-2016 at 12:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello,
    can i have information about your rock shox monarch plus air.
    What do you need to fit it on the enduro frame?
    Spacer inside? and a milling near the eye?
    What about the performances? Pedalling and descending..

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Her is a link to Rs Monarch Plus rc3 compatible with the enduro.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Ro...2=&emcs3=39635

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Better get the Debonair version.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    When i bought mine the debon wasent avilable, but iam satisfied anyways😀

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I had the non Debonair in a previous bike and it was great but since the Debonair is available now it is the logical option.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    +1 on you gpgalanis

I plan on bying a debon can just so i can get ridd of the autosag shit!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello,

The rock shox monarch plus and the debon air are not compatible with my enduro frame.
    I need a 54mm stroke but both are 57 mm stroke.
    So i need to put a spacer inside? Morover i need to mill the eye to fit the shock into the clamp?
    Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    What is your exact model and year?