Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast
    Rockflopper
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTdAN View Post
    They are indeed making or made black and green 2013 Enduro Evos:

Attachment 798963

I love my bike, it's good enough for the XC I do on my commute to/from work too, 8-10 miles each way with 80% off road, not much slower than my Giant Trance I had. It's worth it as I could only afford one decent bike and it's giving me heaps of confidence for downhill.
    Nice, I love the paint job on that! Here is my EVO....the dropper post is a must!

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-901353_10101373654951409_1961137383_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    +1, what a difference.

P
    +2, absolutely worth the investment!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab2766 View Post
    Helloo,

Noticed a couple of the 4 lower crown bolts on my e150 forks were loose so re torqued them to the manuals 6.1 N*m. I also loosened the upper crown bolts off (they were really tightly done up) and re torqued them to 8.5 N*m.

My concern is that this does not seem very tight given the pounding they get....are these settings ok given they were so tight (the uppers) when I loosened them for the re torque?
    I always followed Specialized's torque recommendations and never had any problems with the 3 years worth of riding everywhere with it.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moranis View Post
    Nice, I love the paint job on that! Here is my EVO....the dropper post is a must!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	901353_10101373654951409_1961137383_o.jpg 
Views:	787 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	798995
    Is that a large?

Rockflopper
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTdAN View Post
    Is that a large?
    Yes, its a large. I'm 6'0" and the size is perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just converted my Lyrik 2-step air to U-turn coil... love it. Sooo plush.

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Nice bike, I love my 2011 comp, but I have to tell you, spend the $200 to upgrade that lyrik R to a lyrik RC2 DH!!!

Holy ****, what a difference!! I would often feel my fork top out on fast small bumped trails, I hated it.

Getting the fork upgraded, completely changed the ride comfort and performance.

Oh, and also, while dude had the fork apart, I had him remove the spacer that limited the travel to 160mm, so now it has the 170mm travel.
    I agree...but i must save $ for this upgrade Now i need new tyres

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Nice bike, I love my 2011 comp, but I have to tell you, spend the $200 to upgrade that lyrik R to a lyrik RC2 DH!!!

Holy ****, what a difference!! I would often feel my fork top out on fast small bumped trails, I hated it.

Getting the fork upgraded, completely changed the ride comfort and performance.

Oh, and also, while dude had the fork apart, I had him remove the spacer that limited the travel to 160mm, so now it has the 170mm travel.
    Can you give me part spec for upgrade?
    My local service haven't parts,and i must buy it online!! Any site where i can buy it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Fizio;10410024]Can you give me part spec for upgrade?
    My local service haven't parts,and i must buy it online!! Any site where i can buy it?

Compression damper mission control DH no floodgate - 11.4015.544.160

Rebound damper Mission control DH - 11.4015.416.020

These should be the two part numbers, I got them out of the 2012_rockshox_spc_rev_c.pdf I downloaded from somewhere.

I did not order the parts, I had a shop do it all.

Here is the shop that did the work:

They did an outstanding job, if you cant find the parts, call them and tell them you need the compression and rebound dampers for the RC2DH. Id go with no floodgate.

Seattle Bike Supply
    www.seattlebikesupply.com/‎
    A bike and bike parts distributor who also own several bike brands: Redline bikes, Torker bikes, Pryme protective gear, Potenza, and Inline.
    1 Google review · Write a review
    7620 S 192nd St Kent, WA 98032
    (425) 251-1516

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hy

my name' s Roberto, I'm Italian and I'm writing you for a question?
    I have the same model ENDURO EVO 2012.........now I will change the original rear shock X-FUSION VECTOR R with FOX DHX AIR 5.0.
    For me the better choise is 222mm 8,5x 2,5 size...........can I use the original EVO LINK?
    Please help me........

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hy, you talk about the original EVO LINK .......... the same of the ENDURO EVO 2012

mtbr member
    I picked up a 2013 Enduro Evo (cheaper one) and I'm heading up to Whistler this weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has taken one to a bike park yet adn if so what did you think?
    I'm going to put some Zee brakes on it today, but other than that I'm going to see how it does stock!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I saw a handful of Enduro Evos up there this past weekend. You should have fun.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs82 View Post
    Hy

I have the same model ENDURO EVO 2012.........now I will change the original rear shock X-FUSION VECTOR R with FOX DHX AIR 5.0.
    For me the better choise is 222mm 8,5x 2,5 size...........can I use the original EVO LINK?
    Please help me........
    I don't see why you couldn't, hopefully someone will reply with better knowledge.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    I picked up a 2013 Enduro Evo (cheaper one) and I'm heading up to Whistler this weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has taken one to a bike park yet adn if so what did you think?
    I'm going to put some Zee brakes on it today, but other than that I'm going to see how it does stock!
    Not sure what you mean by "cheaper model EVO" but I have a 2010 Comp with the EVO conversion and Lyrik RC2DH and I take to bike parks all the time and do shuttle runs with it. Should not have any issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bobs82 View Post
    Hy

Please help me........
    Hi Roberto, I also have same model Enduro Evo 2012 and I am planing to do the same, have you managed to change yours ? please share if you done it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    This is my Enduro Expert, a warranty replacement for my 2007 S Works Enduro..

Unfortunately it cracked when I was In NZ and was subsequently upgraded with a 2012 S Works Frame.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-045.jpg
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-048.jpg

mtbr member
    I upgraded my RP2 from my Enduro comp for a RP23 BV ,but i don´t feel any change when you lock the compression,or feel any difference from de 1,2 ou 3 compression settings,is it normal or something wrong with my shock?Thanks for any hints.

mtbr member
    hi, this is for all who have the fox rp23 bv on the enduro (i have the pro 2011 versión) my question is: in the pro pedal mode of the shock mine have a lot of activity like theres not much difference when is open, i have to put the compression all the way to the slow to have the minal movement of the shock for climbing, i have found that this Works better tan the pro pedal mode, anybody have the same issue here whit the shock, is normal the the shock have to much sag in the pro pedal mode? im running 200psi i wheight about 170lbs, thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The 2001/2012 do sag a bit..the 2013 has a revised linkage to get the bike to sit higher in its travel when pedalling...

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    I have just built up an '11 Enduro Evo and bloody love it.

I have gone from an '06 Enduro

P1000889 by i_ache, on Flickr

To my '11 Enduro Evo

Enduro Evo 2011 mid build by i_ache, on Flickr

The Evo is a Large which is actually the correct size for me, it just feels right. So far it seems to do everything better than the '06 did so I am a very happy bunny. It obviously isnt quite finished in the pic but it is now.

The build is.

Lyrik DPA with DH mod
    Hope Pro 2 with Mavic 721
    SLX brakes
    SLX 9spd gearing (for another month or two then it will wear out and be replaced with 10spd)
    MK1 Saint crankset (might be replaced at some point for something lighter)
    Specialized Command Post
    Gamut P20
    Race Face Evolve 50mm Stem (mounted upside down to lower front end)
    Burgtec Ride Wide bars (might be swapped for some Renthal)
    Straitline Pedals
    Charge Spoon

mtbr member
    Nice, how much does that thing weigh? My buddy's 2013 evo is like 36 lbs and he needs to get it lighter.

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    It probably weighs about 35lbs, the frame is a little heavier than my old one and all the gear has been transferred across.

I could probably save a good 5lbs on the bike by spending £3k but the bike would be too compromised for me and thats a silly amount to spend. The only thing on the build where I would want to save weight is the crankset. I am a serial component breaker and need tough kit on my bike. I can't have light weight rims as I break them very quickly.

mtbr member
    There is no sense in riding a bike of this caliber with kid gloves...

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    Agreed, hence the heavy hitting finishing gear.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast