Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 2217
    mtbr member
    Some advice i have a enduro pro carbon size Medium i been riding the bike like 3 years the other day i try same enduro model in aluminium size large and i really like it i feel more stability more confident the bike have longer handellbars and shorter stem tham my bike, im 5.10 and always been in between sizes and always chosse Medium whit longer stem and now i think i always have the wrong size of frame, the question is i can have a s works frame 2011 26 inch in super great shape almost new for $1100 us in size large, i can change al my parts to the large frame all my stuff is in good shape i just have a almost a new fork what to do? I really like my enduro 26 great bike. Some advice thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    how many tokens come in the stock pike on the '15 enduro 650's? thx!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gosts View Post
    how many tokens come in the stock pike on the '15 enduro 650's? thx!!

Ther where zero in my fork, but three in the bag that came along😉

mtbr member
    What settings are you guys running your pikes? Need to get mine sorted to match the 11-6 i just got

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    100kg aprox 85psi 2tokens in the middle of comp and 6-8clics of rebound on my pike rc

mtbr member
    I have a rc3 im about 180 pounds kitted, 3 tokens 60 psi 5 clicks lsc and need to check rebound

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Anyone with a CCBD Inline, is it me, or is the adjustments counter intuitive?

For example, HSR. I would think that minus is slower and plus is faster. However, it seems that plus is more dampened (slower) and minus is less dampened (faster).

The other setting seem the same way, IE plus is greater dampening and minus is less dampening.

Or do I have one the the recalled mislabelled shocks?
    Did you know there was a series of shocks with the labels misapplied? There was a recall, it was a while back. CC can tell you if yours is affected based on the Serial#.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    Question FastBanana, does your cc make a oil squishy/sucking noise on compression? It's always done that since I've had it and fictions properly from what I can tell. Other than the bezel ring coming loose and I had to replace a seal. Just wondering if the noise is normal.
    My stock Float made that noise after a while. My DB Inline does also but performs very well.

mtbr member
    Ya my db air finally just went totally crazy it lost all compression dampening mid ride. Thought it lost air at first. So threw the shock pump on it and it was reading over 300 psi. Wtf so let air out pumped it back to what I run and continued ride then again I was whacking pedals on ground checked the air but this time it had lost it so went home and pulled shock off and threw the Debon air monarch on with 3 air bands in it and been enjoying that shock. I love the cane creek but this is just to much having to send it off to a service center. Don't know if it's worth the money to send it off for a rebuild or not. Any thoughts from those who experienced similar? After rebuild did it last?

mtbr member
    Call cane creek and tell them what happened.. They should rebuild it or replace it free of charge.. They replaced mine twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Rgr will do I'm stationed in Germany now and have seen their is two service centers here. But you just made my point I don't want this to be a routine....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    Rgr will do I'm stationed in Germany now and have seen their is two service centers here. But you just made my point I don't want this to be a routine....
    Send it to Cane Creek, just receive mine 2 days ago, so far so good. It happen exactly the same to me in a race!!!

Then it got air in the negative chamber and suddenly I have no travel at all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'd like to report I've had zero issue with my DBinline, been great.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jpec29 View Post
    I'd like to report I've had zero issue with my DBinline, been great.
    Me too. And overall it's the best performing shock I've ever had.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    forgive me if this is elsewhere (I searched, I swear!), but has anyone done a conversion of a 26" enduro to 650b? I am pretty sure this is possible with the 2014 26" version, but I believe it can be done with earlier versions as well. Anyone done it? Worthwhile?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by powderturns View Post
    forgive me if this is elsewhere (I searched, I swear!), but has anyone done a conversion of a 26" enduro to 650b? I am pretty sure this is possible with the 2014 26" version, but I believe it can be done with earlier versions as well. Anyone done it? Worthwhile?
    Good question. I read that you only have to replace the rear triangle (and of course the fork) since, at least currently, the Enduro 650B uses the 26 frame. I have the 2013 Enduro Carbon Expert, and I know the shock stroke length is a little longer than the 2014 model. I think they only changed the yoke mount on the shock, though, not the frame. This is an interesting thread started by a guy that ordered a 650B rear triangle from Specialized and tried it, but wasn't sure he got the right rear triangle after all. I haven't read through the whole thread, but I know there is at least one other person in there that talked about doing it also, and I'm not sure how it ended up with the first guy (if he solved the rear triangle/geometry issue or not. I may try it with mine one day as long as everything adds up and you really do end up with the same thing as if you had bought a 650B Enduro new. But I'm very happy with my 26 so I'm not gonna feel like I should rush to fix something that isn't broke. At any rate, there is probably some useful info buried in this thread.
    ATTN: Specialized Enduro 650b owners - help needed

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    awesome - will check out that thread. btw, I'm running a 2010 s-works with a 650b pike on it and it feels great. I have the 2PA fork so it lowers for longer climbs, and it's a worthy upgrade. Particularly since my 2010 float 36 26" fork was due for full service, I spent that money on a new pike instead. it's a bit of a frankenbike (it's a 26.b!) but it's rad.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by powderturns View Post
    awesome - will check out that thread. btw, I'm running a 2010 s-works with a 650b pike on it and it feels great. I have the 2PA fork so it lowers for longer climbs, and it's a worthy upgrade. Particularly since my 2010 float 36 26" fork was due for full service, I spent that money on a new pike instead. it's a bit of a frankenbike (it's a 26.b!) but it's rad.
    I didn't realize you are planning to do it with a pre '13/'14 model 26. I was under the impression it's possible to end up with the exact same as a new 650B w/ a 13/14 model. That would be interesting to see it done with a 2010. The guy in the thread apparently was able to order just the rear triangle from Specialized, so I guess anyone can get it from them. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm obviously pretty committed to my 26" at this point, I just ordered a new 2015 Fox 36 Talas 160 26". Guess I won't be trying it anytime soon, but maybe one day. I might call Specialized anyway to confirm if you can just order the 650B triangle. I've thought about calling them before out of curiosity, just haven't done it yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Since many of us dream about putting a coil in our Enduros which by design has a linear performance I was wondering why does the Monarch Plus Debonair comes full of rubber bands in order to be progressive (almost extremely progressive)?

I mean the Enduro leverage rate is quite linear so I understand the need for a quite progressive shock but if people who already run coils think that they are much better why dont we also run more linear air shocks?

I understand the bottom out resistance and mid stroke support but do coils offer them anyway? Does anyone run a more linear air shock or have you removed some of the Monarch Plus Debonair rubber bands?

mtbr member
    I removed 3 bands from the 9 that comes stock from my debonair, uising more travel now and the bike feels better/stable at high speed stuff, only thing I don't like is a lot more chain slapping going on not shure if it is from that or have to play with the rebound more, tho the ohlins and the eleven six are in the back of my mind, I'll probably leave the debonair as is good and reliable easy to maintain and will get the new lyric wich should be better upgrade than the shock, at least that's my 2c on the matter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Great. Thank you very much. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Can I ask what is your weight, sag and psi settings?

mtbr member
    73 kg 185 psi between 30% 33% sag this is more dh setup I'll put around 190 195 for more trail riding, but pedals pretty ok in dh mode obviously not standing up and smashing on the pedals not the Enduro's best ability you all know what I mean, tho is a beast going down in this set up and I can keep up with my dh buddy's wich doesn't make them to happy, they are wheel size racist.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks again. When you removed the rubber bands did you have to increase the psi?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    Since many of us dream about putting a coil in our Enduros which by design has a linear performance I was wondering why does the Monarch Plus Debonair comes full of rubber bands in order to be progressive (almost extremely progressive)?

I mean the Enduro leverage rate is quite linear so I understand the need for a quite progressive shock but if people who already run coils think that they are much better why dont we also run more linear air shocks?

I understand the bottom out resistance and mid stroke support but do coils offer them anyway? Does anyone run a more linear air shock or have you removed some of the Monarch Plus Debonair rubber bands?
    I still feel that the Enduro suspension is a little too progressive for me despite removing all the spacers in my Monarch DebonAir. I pretty much have my heart set on the Ohlins coil now.

In other news, on only my third ride with the Schwalbes, I got a bunch of those spiky seeds stuck in my tires. The sealant in the front seemed to do it's job but now I have a slow leak in the rear and despite moving it all around for the past two weeks, it's still slowly losing air somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion to fix it or is it a gonner? Will adding more sealant work? There should be enough already in there though...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
    I still feel that the Enduro suspension is a little too progressive for me despite removing all the spacers in my Monarch DebonAir. I pretty much have my heart set on the Ohlins coil now.

In other news, on only my third ride with the Schwalbes, I got a bunch of those spiky seeds stuck in my tires. The sealant in the front seemed to do it's job but now I have a slow leak in the rear and despite moving it all around for the past two weeks, it's still slowly losing air somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion to fix it or is it a gonner? Will adding more sealant work? There should be enough already in there though...
    You might need to patch the hole from the inside. Some people use a regular tube patch, but I have had more luck with a piece of sidewall cut from an old tire, glued in with shoe goo or super glue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    You might need to patch the hole from the inside. Some people use a regular tube patch, but I have had more luck with a piece of sidewall cut from an old tire, glued in with shoe goo or super glue.
    I see. I do have some patches I could use. Do you have any suggestions on how to find where it's actually losing air though? It loses it so slowly that I cannot hear it even if I squeeze it.

mtbr member
    Psi and rubber bands like apples and oranges bouth are fruits but not quite the same so no no psi increase on my side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
    I see. I do have some patches I could use. Do you have any suggestions on how to find where it's actually losing air though? It loses it so slowly that I cannot hear it even if I squeeze it.
    The higher the pressure the easier it is to find the hole. Take the wheel off and slowly turn it with your eyeball close to the tread. Your eye can feel the stream of air even if you don't hear it.

Or, dunk it in a tub of water and look for the air bubbles. This is easier for a tube, where a small bucket will work. You might need a bathtub for an assembled wheel.

Or add some dish soap to to some water and wet down the rubber and look for bubbles to form where the leak is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The higher the pressure the easier it is to find the hole. Take the wheel off and slowly turn it with your eyeball close to the tread. Your eye can feel the stream of air even if you don't hear it.

Or, dunk it in a tub of water and look for the air bubbles. This is easier for a tube, where a small bucket will work. You might need a bathtub for an assembled wheel.

Or add some dish soap to to some water and wet down the rubber and look for bubbles to form where the leak is.
    Thanks, I'll try that!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I've hit the inside lightly with sandpaper, wiped with alcohol, and applied Gorilla Tape to cover a 1/4 inch hole and also worn spots. It works good, the tape cover the hole up enough to let the sealant do the rest. I also applied some silicone gasket maker to a 1/4" hole in the sidewall of another tire - I haven't mounted it yet but I will at some point when I need it again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Before you guys spend money on the Ohlin's check with avalanche. I think someone posted they'll do a woody or chubie for the Enduros.

mtbr member
    May 2015

One thing that is easy and works well is a spray bottle with water and a little liquid dish soap. Just spray around the tire/wheel and watch for bubbles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by softbatch View Post
    Before you guys spend money on the Ohlin's check with avalanche. I think someone posted they'll do a woody or chubie for the Enduros.
    Are those their own coil shocks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard25 View Post
    Are those their own coil shocks?
    yep

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Anybody know what bike this is? 2017 enduro? Front triangle is different than any specialized I've seen.
    http://www.bikemag.com/wp-content/up...10/52A2657.jpg

From the di2 review:

Down and Dirty with Shimano XTR Di2

mtbr member
    Far from it. 2015 Camber:
    Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ha! Sorry. Nothing to see here...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    2016 vs. 2014 Enduro 29er

On the Specialized website, the 2016 Enduro 29er looks to have a slacker head angle compared to the 2014, but the geometry figures are the same.

Anybody knows if Specialized changed something, such as fork bushings, shock yoke or something else?

I know Specialized changed the fork offset, but that should not cause such a visible effect in head angle, should it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    What year did the change the fork offset? What was before and what is now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    What year did the change the fork offset? What was before and what is now?
    2014 and 15, 45mm offset
    2016, 51mm offset
    15 Enduro Expert 29, SW build - 27.6 lb
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    This is interesting Art's Cyclery Blog » Ask a Mechanic: 29er Forks ? 46mm or 51mm Offset?

And this also Pushing the limits of fork offset: an experiment - BikeRadar

And both seem to prefer the 45-46 offset over the 51.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Specialized says the 2014 Enduro 29 has a 51mm offset Pike.

But this review has the 2014 Enduro at 46mm offset:

Bike Test: Ground Breaking 29ers - MBR

And obviously, geo charts are not always right. The 2016 Enduro spec sheets says 46mm, but the geo chart says 51mm.

Whatever the offset difference, it is unlikely to cause the head angle difference in the pictures on the website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Specialized says the 2014 Enduro 29 has a 51mm offset Pike.

But this review has the 2014 Enduro at 46mm offset:

And obviously, geo charts are not always right. The 2016 Enduro spec sheets says 46mm, but the geo chart says 51mm.

Whatever the offset difference, it is unlikely to cause the head angle difference in the pictures on the website.
    My 2015 Enduro Expert is 45, even though SRAM says 46, along with Specialized. I measured mine a few different ways and it is 45. That and it is now stamped on the underside of the crown. Not that 1 mm will make any difference, but it is odd because even the Rockshox parts catalogue has it as 46.

Specialized own forum has listed both, 46 and 51, and they are both further negated as incorrect as the other is correct! I even had a discussion with a tech at Specialized, and he got it wrong. For the first time the online specs & geo have an offset even listed, and it shows 46 AND 51 for the 2016 models. Can you get it straight guys?

Perhaps it is deliberate because it really doesn't make that much difference but some riders think its the end of the world to be riding the wrong offset, whatever the wrong one is.

To be sure, you will have to wait for a 2016 Enduro and check the underside of the crown.

In the end does it make that much difference? Not much and only noticeable if you ride both back to back. My 2015 with a 40mm stem and 45 offset seems to be the sweet spot for my style of riding.
    Last edited by CarManDSL; 11-07-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    15 Enduro Expert 29, SW build - 27.6 lb
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    It shows 46 for the 2016 models in the specs and 51 in the geometry!

Also even in the photos they seem to have the same geometry like the 2015.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    That's what I meant (the numbers are conflicting / wrong on the official site). My original question was not about offset, though.

I wondered why the 2016 Enduro 29 looks much slacker on the image on the site compared to the 2014 E29. Either it is just Photoshop, or they've changed something. The offset wouldn't cause such a big difference, so it would have to be spacers / bushings or shock yoke. Or it is just Photoshop

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I've had a 14,15,and 16 e29. They have gone back to 45mm offset with the 2016 version.
    Static Head angle is still the same.
    51mm offset Fox 36 felt best to me on my 2015 but the Fox was a bit stiffer than the pike which helped.
    This years Fox dps rear shock stays a bit higher in the travel as oppose to the ctd on the 15 which maintains a steeper HA, making steering a bit quicker.

mtbr member
    2016 Enduro Comp 29 definately has a 46mm offset fork. i have one in my hot little hands right now!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    My 6fattie conversion!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132546.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132531.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132937.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132913.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132627.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20151112_132607.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Congrats. Seems you have enough tire clearance.

Is that a plus or standard fork?

I recently rode a plus bike (albeit in 2.8) and must say I was somewhat disappointed. Tires were a bit washy in faster corners and bouncy overall. I missed the precise steering of the 2.4 tires.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Congrats. Seems you have enough tire clearance.

Is that a plus or standard fork?

I recently rode a plus bike (albeit in 2.8) and must say I was somewhat disappointed. Tires were a bit washy in faster corners and bouncy overall. I missed the precise steering of the 2.4 tires.
    Yes standard fox 36 fork, these are 2.8 tires, looks like there should be clearance for 3.0 tires possible. Haven't hit the trails yet but does seem a little squirmy, and definite more rolling resistance. Figured it was easy way to test out plus bike, if I don't like i'll just sell them and go back to stock setup.