Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1182
  1. #801
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    I've had a coil shock on my enduro for 3 years now and to be honest I think faster rebound is better for climbing. When the rebound is too slow the bike is too planted, and feels sluggish and over damped. But with faster rebound the shock is more lively and rebounds quicker to its proper sag so it doesn't feel so over damped.

    I don't know, its kind of a give and take sort of thing and also depends on how beat up the trail is that you're climbing. Just remember, no matter what you do it doesn't have that solid feel that an air shock provides, but you will noticeably gain on the DH.
    Thanks for the help. On my local trail I have an 1h/700m climb and then a descent, but over the summer I ride more longer all-day rides (60-100km max) with my friends and I'm hoping the Enduro won't be that big of a drag.

  2. #802
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eleminohpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    First of all, it's 'volume reduction' not travel...

    And Jensen has them in stock, that's where I ordered mine...

    Fox Float Volume Spacer Kit > Components > Rear Shocks > Reducers | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

    danm
    Thanks for the input but I dont think thats the part I am after. I beleive the link you posted is for an air shock, like the rp2 or rp23, but I am swtiching to a DHX 5.0 and the stroke is longer then factory so from what I can recall people added spacers to limit or reduce the shocks stroke. I just dont know exactly what it is called or where to buy it. Although I belive it does look very simlilar to the spacer you showed as well.

  3. #803
    I want to ride my bicycle
    Reputation: jflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenlee View Post
    I think the Evo Expert is available most places now, but it's the standard Evo I'm talknig about... the green & black one.
    I just ordered my 2013 Enduro Evo (it only comes in black). I also was interested in the green variation but spoke to a rep at specialized and he had mentioned there was a screw up by their IT department on the site. They are not making the Enduro Evo in green - only satin/matte black. The green was a concept.

    So, I ordered the black. Apparently they are extremely hard to come by now. Specialized didn't make too many of them and they sold out quick.

  4. #804
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    888
    Depending on how rough the tail is will depend on how fast you'll set the rebound, after a while you'll find a setting that you like on the trails you ride. I don't think it will, but that can depend on the shape you're in and how much elevation change there is on the trails you're riding.

    Just remember that the geo, weight and tires of the Enduro will have a larger effect on the riding efficiency of the bike when compared to the coil shock. For example, a coil shock on a stumpy will still pedal better than a coil on an Enduro. The bike itself is what truly makes the difference.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  5. #805
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eleminohpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    My main reason for attempting to go the coil shock route is not pedaling or even really the bikes fault. My air shock just cant handle my weight, and I feel a coil shock will do a much better job.

    And onto my conversion project, Im only missing one part I need that I dont know what it is or where to find it. I think its called a travel reducer but I have had no luck searching for that. Its the actual spacer that does limit the travel of the new shock since the factory one uses a wonky size stroke.

    My only real lead is this link....
    http://www.rivasmtb.com/MANUAL%20END...Javi_Rivas.pdf

    and its all in spanish so not a bunch of help but if you look at the pics the spacer labeled 2 (dos) is the part Im looking for if anyone knows what or where to get it itd be greatly appreciated. TIA.

  6. #806
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37
    Hey everyone,

    just a quick question about cranks. I own a 2011 Enduro Expert Evo and it has a set of carbon cranks. I've noticed quite a few setups where people swaped them for a set of SLXs. I'm a big guy and (for no real reason) I'm a bit suspicious about OEM carbon bits on heavy-duty bikes. Have you guys had any issues with those stock carbon cranks?

    Thanks!

  7. #807
    mtbr member
    Reputation: citizenlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by jflow View Post
    I just ordered my 2013 Enduro Evo (it only comes in black). I also was interested in the green variation but spoke to a rep at specialized and he had mentioned there was a screw up by their IT department on the site. They are not making the Enduro Evo in green - only satin/matte black. The green was a concept.

    So, I ordered the black. Apparently they are extremely hard to come by now. Specialized didn't make too many of them and they sold out quick.
    That's very interesting about the colour scheme. I think your rep might be misinformed.

    Where are you based though, as it might be a regional thing as I'm pretty sure models coming into UK / Europe are black with green.

    See here:

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7265/7...6db0478b_b.jpg

    Notice the Tredz watermark, a UK bike store.

    I'm all prepped for black & green - I have some RaceFace Monster green bars, green pedals, green floating rotors and green seat clamp ready to fit - but I'd be just as happy with an all black one to be honest

    As for being hard to find - I spoke to Specialized UK and Freeborn are due to receive some of the first shipment, so hopefully that means one for me since I've had it pre-ordered since January

  8. #808
    yep
    Reputation: yboc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Just paid for a a new 2013 Enduro Comp! So excited and stoked to finally make my way into the world of mtb.

    Got the white one, so I have to wait til May to get it, but it'll be here just in time for my tip to Moab and for the local trails to start thawing.

  9. #809
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by yboc View Post
    Just paid for a a new 2013 Enduro Comp! So excited and stoked to finally make my way into the world of mtb.

    Got the white one, so I have to wait til May to get it, but it'll be here just in time for my tip to Moab and for the local trails to start thawing.
    conrats! White one? I didn't know white was an option...just blue/black or black?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

  10. #810
    yep
    Reputation: yboc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63
    Well for a while they just had the Enduro Comps in red or black. Then just a while ago they added the white to their site. I don't think they've been available in the US in that color, and from my understanding the first shipment of them is coming in May.

  11. #811
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by yboc View Post
    Well for a while they just had the Enduro Comps in red or black. Then just a while ago they added the white to their site. I don't think they've been available in the US in that color, and from my understanding the first shipment of them is coming in May.

    Gotcha. The Enduro 29 is only showing in Black/Blue or black on the US site. No white.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

  12. #812
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by yboc View Post
    Just paid for a a new 2013 Enduro Comp! So excited and stoked to finally make my way into the world of mtb.

    Got the white one, so I have to wait til May to get it, but it'll be here just in time for my tip to Moab and for the local trails to start thawing.
    Congratulations on your new bike. You will not be disappointed.
    Don't know when the 2013 comps became available here in Portugal (or if they are already available for that matter) but the only color in the website was white, no other options.
    May be it was a regional color for Europe only, now also available overseas?

    Cheers!
    Last edited by tugamik; 03-25-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typing errors

  13. #813
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fantom808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28
    Hey guys looking to pick up a 2012 s-works enduro. Do you feel $4000 is a good deal?

    Sellers description:
    Carbon fiber frame,
    Large,
    custom build (27.0 lb.)
    2013 fox 36 float fork,
    fox rp23 shock,
    all XTR components,
    1x10 drive train (e-thirteen),
    dropper seat post,
    MAVIC crossmax SX rims,
    tubless s-works caption tires,
    8k build,
    new condition barely ridden.

  14. #814
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15
    For anyone wondering:

    I just got the '13 Enduro Evo Comp. The weight is 35lb 6oz (with the stock pedals)

    I was never able to find a weight for this damn bike online so thought i'd post the info

    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-166710_10100419308589333_459683187_n.jpg
    Last edited by tecknojoe; 04-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.

  15. #815
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eleminohpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    Wondering who has actually done the 2012 seat stay swap to the 12mm axle. I was planning to do it, and had my lbs getting quotes on stay and axle. They said it was pretty tricky and about $1,000. Seems crazy to me!! I bought new seat and chain stays for my 06 enduro and they were around $100 each. Just wondering if anyone has actually done it and how much they paid.

  16. #816
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    For anyone wondering:

    I just got the '13 Enduro Evo Comp. The weight is 35lb 6oz (with the stock pedals)

    I was never able to find a weight for this damn bike online so thought i'd post the info
    Very nice!!!
    Congratulations on the new bike.
    It is just awesome. And it should shred really good too!
    Cheers!

  17. #817
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by eleminohpee View Post
    Wondering who has actually done the 2012 seat stay swap to the 12mm axle. I was planning to do it, and had my lbs getting quotes on stay and axle. They said it was pretty tricky and about $1,000. Seems crazy to me!! I bought new seat and chain stays for my 06 enduro and they were around $100 each. Just wondering if anyone has actually done it and how much they paid.
    It seems pretty steep to me... what are they considering you need to make the swap? Are they including the price for a new 142x12mm rear wheel?

    I was considering to make that mod myself and the information i've gathered was that for the seatstays alone I would pay 200 euros (aprox. 250USD). No need for bearings, since they are in the links and chain stays. Other than that, only a rear wheel/ rear hub.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers.

  18. #818
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DEALAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    For anyone wondering:

    I just got the '13 Enduro Evo Comp. The weight is 35lb 6oz (with the stock pedals)

    I was never able to find a weight for this damn bike online so thought i'd post the info

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166710_10100419308589333_459683187_n.jpg 
Views:	4618 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	786793
    Sick. Looking. Bike.

  19. #819
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brunomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    470
    I just buy a enduro pro 2011 and notice that the pro pedal on the fox rp23 is not to much, is like when you change from open to pro pedal i don`t feel any pedaling plataform is to much bobing even when up to 190 psi (i wheigt 75kg like 160 lbs), is my first enduro i don,t now if this is how the shock should work, the only thing that i now is that climbing this way waste a lot of my energy, any advice here.thanks.

  20. #820
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eleminohpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    It seems pretty steep to me... what are they considering you need to make the swap? Are they including the price for a new 142x12mm rear wheel?

    I was considering to make that mod myself and the information i've gathered was that for the seatstays alone I would pay 200 euros (aprox. 250USD). No need for bearings, since they are in the links and chain stays. Other than that, only a rear wheel/ rear hub.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers.
    That was only for a seat stay and an axle. I don't need a new wheel.

  21. #821
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fizio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30

    Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread



    Frame: Specialized Enduro comp 2012
    Fork: RS Lyrik 160mm, solo air
    Shock: Fox Float rp2
    Stem: Truvativ Hussefelt 40mm
    Handlebar: RaceFace Atlas 720mm
    Brakes: Shimano Slx bl-m 666
    Rotors: Hope saw 200/180 mm
    Shifters: Shimano Xt ispec 2x10
    Rear/ front mech: xt/x7 (soon sram xx)
    Cranks: Shimano xt 2x10
    Chain/ cassette: Shimano xt
    Pedals: vp 59
    Seatpost: thompson 30.9
    Saddle: Specialized Henge
    Tyres: Specialized Butcher/Purgatory


    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

  22. #822
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Helloo,

    Noticed a couple of the 4 lower crown bolts on my e150 forks were loose so re torqued them to the manuals 6.1 N*m. I also loosened the upper crown bolts off (they were really tightly done up) and re torqued them to 8.5 N*m.

    My concern is that this does not seem very tight given the pounding they get....are these settings ok given they were so tight (the uppers) when I loosened them for the re torque?

  23. #823
    mtbr member
    Reputation: innovator8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizio View Post


    Frame: Specialized Enduro comp 2012
    Fork: RS Lyrik 160mm, solo air
    Shock: Fox Float rp2
    Stem: Truvativ Hussefelt 40mm
    Handlebar: RaceFace Atlas 720mm
    Brakes: Shimano Slx bl-m 666
    Rotors: Hope saw 200/180 mm
    Shifters: Shimano Xt ispec 2x10
    Rear/ front mech: xt/x7 (soon sram xx)
    Cranks: Shimano xt 2x10
    Chain/ cassette: Shimano xt
    Pedals: vp 59
    Seatpost: thompson 30.9
    Saddle: Specialized Henge
    Tyres: Specialized Butcher/Purgatory


    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Nice bike, I love my 2011 comp, but I have to tell you, spend the $200 to upgrade that lyrik R to a lyrik RC2 DH!!!

    Holy ****, what a difference!! I would often feel my fork top out on fast small bumped trails, I hated it.

    Getting the fork upgraded, completely changed the ride comfort and performance.

    Oh, and also, while dude had the fork apart, I had him remove the spacer that limited the travel to 160mm, so now it has the 170mm travel.
    Last edited by innovator8; 05-14-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: made it smaller

  24. #824
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    They are indeed making or made black and green 2013 Enduro Evos:

    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-524627_10151571947488826_1414742946_n.jpg

    I love my bike, it's good enough for the XC I do on my commute to/from work too, 8-10 miles each way with 80% off road, not much slower than my Giant Trance I had. It's worth it as I could only afford one decent bike and it's giving me heaps of confidence for downhill.

  25. #825
    eBiker
    Reputation: Mr.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,087
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Nice bike, I love my 2011 comp, but I have to tell you, spend the $200 to upgrade that lyrik R to a lyrik RC2 DH!!!
    +1, what a difference.

    P

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •