Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm 6 ft tall and at times I wished I had a medium. I like the compact feeling of the medium while descending, but it is a little cramped for climbing.

I have a Large and it does the job; I have shorter arms in relation to my body overall which could be why I fit well on a large so well. There is nothing wrong with a 120mm stem, but it will affect the steering feel and the lift power needed to lift the front end because your arms are further in front of the headtube. Really comes down to how you're riding. My brother has a Large stumpy with a 120mm stem and the bike is still fun to ride even though my Large enduro currently has a 35mm stem. Both bikes are very similar in size. But if you're 6' 2" and need a Large with a 120mm stem and I feel comfortable on a large with a 35mm stem, I must have shorter arms then you.

Have you ever considered a shorter stem on the Large enduro, or would it be too crammed?

Best bet is to go and ride both sizes, thats what I did and ended up with the large because climbing just felt better on it. Hopefully someone in your height range with experience can weigh in. The forums are kind of quiet right now because we're in the winter season.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    A dealer in Denver got in a couple of SM frame Enduro Evos, but they don't know when they will get any more.

The also have a SM Enduro Evo Expert in stock and say they will get MD and LG Experts next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    ^^ Yeah I've spotted one in Los Angeles; top model with the ccdb shock.
    I think the Evo Expert is available most places now, but it's the standard Evo I'm talknig about... the green & black one.

mtbr member
    I recently switched from an 06 enduro elite, large, to a 10 enduro comp, also large. Only been on a handful of rides so far but it just doesn't feel right to me. I've decided my best next move will be to try a coil rear shock, and I thought I had seen a DIY thread somewhere on making an 8.5 X 2.5 coil shock work on the 2010 frame. I can't seem to find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'd rather not spend the crazy price for the evo rear setup from specialized unless I'm sure it'd be what I'm looking to accomplish. TIA!

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nicoswit View Post
    Hi there!!!
    Just wanted to share my Enduro 2011, I must have already posted it here before, but she just went through some upgrades and wanted to post her again!!!

Cheers!!!
    How do you like your fork? Do you ever feel it top out?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eleminohpee View Post
    I recently switched from an 06 enduro elite, large, to a 10 enduro comp, also large. Only been on a handful of rides so far but it just doesn't feel right to me. I've decided my best next move will be to try a coil rear shock, and I thought I had seen a DIY thread somewhere on making an 8.5 X 2.5 coil shock work on the 2010 frame. I can't seem to find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'd rather not spend the crazy price for the evo rear setup from specialized unless I'm sure it'd be what I'm looking to accomplish. TIA!
    Here it is: http://www.rivasmtb.com/MANUAL%20END...Javi_Rivas.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    How do you like your fork? Do you ever feel it top out?
    The fork feels great! Just a little break dive sometimes but ive gotten used to it, and learned to compensate this. This can be fixed easily with the MiCo damper, im planning on doing this upgrade somewhere in the near future, but other than that i love this fork!

eBiker
    I too went from a coiled out 06 Enduro to a 2010 version. If your issue with the 2010 version is the soft mid-stroke, then please try the small Fox shock volume adjuster. Not exactly coil, but firms mid-stroke nicely, to the point that I don't miss the coils. Cost is $25.

P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post
    Thanks! any chance there is an english version of it? If not ill brush up on my spanish and itll do.

On a side note, has anyone tried or know if it is possible to put an 8.75 i2i shock in the enduro? Will the suspension move down and If you were still to limit the stroke would it just raise BB hieght? This is prob a dumb question but I had done it with my old enduro and it worked great! Im just shoping for a shock right now so I thought Id see if anyone has tried it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Check this forum because there was a huge post on what size rear shock you can fit on the enduro. Ill see if i can find it.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website

1:18
    You can fit 8.75 x 2.5 shock in 2010-2012 Enduro with no interference. A friend of mine has DHX Air (222 x 64) installed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette View Post
    You can fit 8.75 x 2.5 shock in 2010-2012 Enduro with no interference. A friend of mine has DHX Air (222 x 64) installed.
    Im so glad to hear this. Do you know what it effected on the bike? Id assume it raised the BB a bit and steepened the HA?

Im about 95% sure this is the route Im about to attempt. Any input is greatly appreciated from anyone!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Also my friend fitted a 8.75 x 2.5 spring on his Enduro last week. Hasn't complained yet. He didn't get to ride it that long though before he broke some bone and got ordered a three month break from cycling.
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quick question after reading the whole thread - Enduro Evo 2012, size L with 40mm stem for a person with 183cm height, 85,5cm inseam (no shoes on) ? Reach measure is 457mm which is what I'm worried about mostly. Now I'm on a bike with HTT 610mm, reach 430mm and 60mm stem, and IMHO it fits me great.

yep
    I'm 6'2 and am going to be buying a new Enduro Comp soon, I'm not too tall for a Large am I?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm 6'2" and ride an 08 large Enduro. Not sure how similar the dimensions are to the newer bikes. That said, no problem fitting on the large. I also have an XL Giant Reign which we just built up for one of my sons. We put a shorter (60mm) stem on it, and it also fits just fine. I think most people would say you and I should be on a large, but it comes down to personal preference. I can go either way (L or XL) and feel comfortable if the bike is setup for me. The Reign with the original 100?mm stem definitely stretched me a little bit, however. With the shorter stem, I really like the fit, though.

AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi,
    collected my s-works Frame today. It came stock with play in the front shock mount. Anybody else had that? What is the size of the front Bushings using a CCDBA?

1:18
    Im so glad to hear this. Do you know what it effected on the bike? Id assume it raised the BB a bit and steepened the HA?

Im about 95% sure this is the route Im about to attempt. Any input is greatly appreciated from anyone!!
    Yes, it raises the BB and steepens the angles. Can compensate with 170-175 mm fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cubebiker View Post
    Hi,
    collected my s-works Frame today. It came stock with play in the front shock mount. Anybody else had that? What is the size of the front Bushings using a CCDBA?
    Someone else had this problem after 6 rides. Look in the s works Enduro thread.

kik
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My SPZ Enduro Expert, 2010'

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2013-03-02%25u0025252014.44.47.jpg

14.9kg

mtbr member
    To anyone who has done the travel reduction mod on a fox shock, what are the little spacers that accomplish this called. Are they fox brand? I can't seem to find where to buy them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    May I know where can I get the MiCo damper? Can I get it online?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How does a Enduro EVO (not the 2013 model, but earlier ones, 2012 lets say) climb with the coil shock ? Some say slow the rebound and it will be easier.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Locksley:

You know that you have to get both the rebound and compression dampers, rigth?

I've got mine through eBay:
    eBay Mi mundo - dana67301
    nice chaps, good prices.

You can get also from Bikeman:
    Bikeman RockShox Lyrik Mission Control DH Compression Damper

And possible, if you search a little on the net, you'll find more shops that can provide the kit you're looking for.

One thing I can tell you, it is well worth every penny!!!

And a shock upgrade too (I've got a standard MM Monarch RC Plus, way better than the standard Fox on my 2010 Comp.)

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    To anyone who has done the travel reduction mod on a fox shock, what are the little spacers that accomplish this called. Are they fox brand? I can't seem to find where to buy them.
    First of all, it's 'volume reduction' not travel...

And Jensen has them in stock, that's where I ordered mine...

Fox Float Volume Spacer Kit > Components > Rear Shocks > Reducers | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

danm

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've had a coil shock on my enduro for 3 years now and to be honest I think faster rebound is better for climbing. When the rebound is too slow the bike is too planted, and feels sluggish and over damped. But with faster rebound the shock is more lively and rebounds quicker to its proper sag so it doesn't feel so over damped.

I don't know, its kind of a give and take sort of thing and also depends on how beat up the trail is that you're climbing. Just remember, no matter what you do it doesn't have that solid feel that an air shock provides, but you will noticeably gain on the DH.

Website

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast