Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It is amazing indeed...it is a fu****g fast bike !

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Maybe I'm not suprised that all of you guys will buy the enduro over the stumpy evo, asking the question in an enduro thread . My thoughts were already in favor of an enduro comp from the beginning. I also think it is a do-it-all bike and it's good for getting rid of some manly weight . When I want something light for racing I will buy an epic if I really need it. Thx for all the replies. I will post some pics when I trade some cash for this bad boy . Thx for all the input and a happy new year !

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I decided on the 13 enduro expert over the stumpy evo. Tough decision. I just figured that a little advantage going downhill was more important to me than a minor climbing advantage. Both bikes are beautiful. I believe that the enduro is only a half pound heavier(27.14) vs (27.4) Going tubeless should make up the difference. Plus I like the colors of the enduro more.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    You wont be sorry....I love mine..rode a ton of bikes...cant find anything more fun to ride!
    2008 Giant Trance X2
    2010 Specialized Enduro Comp
    2011 Specialized S-Works Enduro

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Awesome bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ssalinas View Post
    This is a known problem w/ the X-Fusion Coil. AFAIK it had too much 'girth' i.e. too fat.
    I think it was a problem on the large frame and the 500 or 550 coil.

Since the evo frame is exactly the same as the enduro frame, I would argue for a carbon enduro frame and bolt on all your evo build kit to it. I doubt they are out of carbon enduro frames.
    hey guys i have a enduro evo 2012 and i am a big guy so i am in the need of a stiffer coil i currenly have a 550 lbs coil and i need the 600 lbs does any one have one that want to to trade or for sale

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

specialized enduro evo

hey guys i have a enduro evo 2012 expert and i need a 600lbs coil, i right now have a 550lbs if you guys know or have one for sale or trade. or if you guys want to trade your air set up for my eve set up. PLEASE HELP ME OUT i know how great this bikes are, and it breaks my heart just seeing my bike in my garage with out being able to ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by endurorider21 View Post
    hey guys i have a enduro evo 2012 expert and i need a 600lbs coil, i right now have a 550lbs if you guys know or have one for sale or trade. or if you guys want to trade your air set up for my eve set up. PLEASE HELP ME OUT i know how great this bikes are, and it breaks my heart just seeing my bike in my garage with out being able to ride it.
    Boom, Fox springs...

Rear Shock Springs & Parts - TF Tuned Shox

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys, been trawling for a while but finally joined up tonight, hoping someone could answer me a quick question - pardon my ignorance if this is obvious.

I have noticed some of the Specialized Enduros have an inline X frame (the top tubes cross over) but then there are other ones where the X is not inline (as in the tube that has the shock mounted to it is not in line with the tube that runs to the handle bars). I would add a pic to explain what I am talking about but this forum wont allow me as I am new

Can anyone explain to me what is the difference? I am looking to buy a 2011 modified Enduro that does not have the inline X frame.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Random question time....

As you will no doubt be aware, the 2013 Evo has internal cable routing holes for a dropper post. Now, I was reading one of the 2013 Carbon Stumpy threads and saw that the Rockshox Reverb hydro cable is too thick for the guide hole as it's meant for the Command Post which is mechanical and has a thinner cable. Is this likely to be a problem on the Enduro Evo? If so any suggestions to get around the problem? Swap cables etc? I won't be busting out the Dremel that's for sure

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenlee View Post
    Random question time....

As you will no doubt be aware, the 2013 Evo has internal cable routing holes for a dropper post. Now, I was reading one of the 2013 Carbon Stumpy threads and saw that the Rockshox Reverb hydro cable is too thick for the guide hole as it's meant for the Command Post which is mechanical and has a thinner cable. Is this likely to be a problem on the Enduro Evo? If so any suggestions to get around the problem? Swap cables etc? I won't be busting out the Dremel that's for sure

Cheers!
    Ja, but the routing in the top tube is not clean. It's only about 40cm and comes out again above the damper where it scratches when the post is in the lower position. Bad Solution from the innovate or die "S" guys. And only because they haven't finished the job on the CP. I think the post is one of the best but the cable routing of it is a mess and should have been optimized in the last 3 years. Wait till 2014 Enduro. It should have a complete internal routing(Hopefully a new CP!).

Cheers,

J.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo64 View Post
    Ja, but the routing in the top tube is not clean. It's only about 40cm and comes out again above the damper where it scratches when the post is in the lower position. Bad Solution from the innovate or die "S" guys. And only because they haven't finished the job on the CP. I think the post is one of the best but the cable routing of it is a mess and should have been optimized in the last 3 years. Wait till 2014 Enduro. It should have a complete internal routing(Hopefully a new CP!).

Cheers,

J.
    Thanks for the info, in that case I may just mount it with the other cables in the usual manner. Will save me bleeding it

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

specialized enduro evo

[QUOTE=citizenlee;10045869]Boom, Fox springs...

but do this springs fit enduros, because the enduro requires a smaller dimeter and also i have an fusion shock

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=endurorider21;10047980]
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenlee View Post
    Boom, Fox springs...

but do this springs fit enduros, because the enduro requires a smaller dimeter and also i have an fusion shock
    Ahhh, good point. I wrongly assumed it was Fox

In that case I reckon your best bet it to contact X Fusion direct. If they don't do a 600lb spring then ask for the spring measurements (I/D and O/D) and then see if any other brand will work.

X Fusion Shox - Contact

mtbr member
    is any body running 1x10 on they`re enduro,i`m contemplating it

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rufflesurf View Post
    is any body running 1x10 on they`re enduro,i`m contemplating it
    I did, worked fine with a 36t chain ring.
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just picked up my enduro expert and am thinking of going to a 1x10 setup. Does anybody know how much I would have to spend for the conversion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Finally the Monarch plus is installed!!

With xmas and the workshop being closed for a week, plus some trouble dissembling the shock, I thought I would never install the shock! But finally!

It is a stock monarch, since Push no longer have the customized shock in their product list. So I had to mill the shock myself...

It turned out quite nice...
    installing was also quite easy, although some work is needed on the clevis too.

Took it for a spin last weekend, but it was too short to really test the shock.
    It seems better than the stock RP2, but that is not that hard i guess...

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jredling View Post
    I just picked up my enduro expert and am thinking of going to a 1x10 setup. Does anybody know how much I would have to spend for the conversion.
    Not very much at all; you have two options. You can choose the tooth count you want for the front chainring and bolt it up to your crank and leave the rear cassette alone if you like the rear gearing. The other option is to get a different rear cassette tooth spacing to match the tooth spacing for the front, then you're looking at around $100 depending.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jredling View Post
    My LBS advised me to keep stay with 2X10 when I had the same idea as yours.
    The purpose of enduro bike is to able to climb and descend. Y take away the climbing feature out from the bike :P

In the end, really depends on what type of terrain u ride in .

mtbr member

Updated Enduro EVO photo

Latest Pic of my 11 Enduro Expert Evo, Upgrades include
    Easton Havoc 750mm Carbon Bar
    ODI Troy Lee Designs Grips
    Rethal Duo 50 mm Stem
    Avid XO Trail 4 piston Brake levers and calipers w/ metallic pads
    Shimano RT-86 Ice Tech 203 Front and 180 rear rotors
    Custom Wheelset build Chris King ISO 20mm TA front, 135-10 TA rear, Mavic EX721 Rims, DT Swiss Alpine 3 spokes, rear mounted with DT swiss RWS 10mm TA
    Front 170mm Fox 36 Van R upgraded with SKF fork seals and RC2 Fit Damper
    Straightline Defacto Jeff Lenosky Signature Edition Pedals
    SRAM XO Type 2 Rear Derailuer
    Changed rear shock spring to 550#

Future holds Push upgrade for Fox RC2 Shock, Burgtec shock bushnig to slacken the head angle and lower BB height, removing travel limiter from front fork to allow 180mm, may also reduce size of spacer on rear shock to allow for slightly more travel (165-170mm)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Running a 1X10 on both my Enduro's....wouldn't have it any other way!
    2008 Giant Trance X2
    2010 Specialized Enduro Comp
    2011 Specialized S-Works Enduro

mtbr member

avant-time.

mtbr member
    Finally retiring my 2006 and ordered a 2012 comp. Getting it from a private seller used. They listed the specs on the rear axle as QR, but I thought I had read the 2012 comps were all 142. I just wanted to know for sure so I can make sure I can have every thing I need to swap my current wheelset as soon as it arrives. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    A recent pic of my baby with new brakes and wheels
    Industry 9 wheels and xt brakes with ice tech rotors.

Feels like a new bike Official Specialized Enduro Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358956649.846396.jpg

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast