Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ^ Very nice. Looks like some epic riding to me.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    cheers,pretty lucky where i live for riding,just need it to stop raining now!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    This is my 2010 XL Specialized Enduro Expert. The front fork is a Rockshox Totem 180mm travel Solo air with the DH damper. It also has red Azonic Outlaws. The bike also has a xfusion vector R shock with custom frabricated clavices to stiffen the rear end. Sram XO drivtrain and Avid elixir cr brakes. Specialized command post as well.
    That last pic, in motion, is cool. Look at your chain. Crazy movement. Didn't think they whip that much.
    DR

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The latest incarnation of my 2010 Enduro Expert, now converted to Evo

Fox RC2 with 550 coil
    Marzocchi 66 RC3 Ti
    XT M785 brakes, 203/180
    XT/SLX 9spd gears with 12-36 cassette
    Answer Pro Taper, Truvativ 50mm
    KS post
    Raceface Evolve 36/22, NRG plastic pedals
    DT Swiss rims, Spec 20mm/XT 10x135mm hubs
    Spec Clutch/Chunder SX tubeless

mtbr member
    Anyone got any real life shots of the 2013 Enduro Evo? I've just pre ordered one to replace my old SX Trail but can't tell if the highlight colour is yellow or lime green.... trying to decide on a colour scheme for pedals and bars. Sad I know but March delivery feels like a long way off!

Also, I have a set of barely used SLX M666 brakes on my SX. Would these be better than the Avids that come with the Enduro? I've only used Shimano, Hope and Hayes before but never Avids, although I have heard problems of reliability and ease of set up.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If you're getting an Evo, I think you don't care that much about the bike's weight. I would stick to Shimano. I have a set of 2012 XT's on my Demo and a set of X0 brakes on my Enduro, and I keep Avid's only for the sake of low weight (around 300g on a set of brakes and rotors). Still, I do have a set of XT's new in bag waiting for me to stop being a weight weenie!

Dirt Junkie
    2013 Enduro Comp Med Black.

I've only got 2 rides on it, but it's stable and comfortable. Only real BIG differnce from my '08 is the Bottom Brakcket height is about an inch lower on the '13. The whole bike seems to have a lower CG. Been too slippery out to compare handling yet. Should be better than previous.
    The old one first and then the new one.

New one has Blk on Blk graphics. Factory "Murdered Out".

Rock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-dscn0803rev.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_0612-1024x732-.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_0615-1024x765-.jpg  

How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    2013 Enduro Comp Med Black.

I've only got 2 rides on it, but it's stable and comfortable. Only real BIG differnce from my '08 is the Bottom Brakcket height is about an inch lower on the '13. The whole bike seems to have a lower CG. Been too slippery out to compare handling yet. Should be better than previous.
    The old one first and then the new one.

New one has Blk on Blk graphics. Factory "Murdered Out".

Rock
    Soooo cool the stealth look on the 2013 Comp.
    Too bad the Comp "flavour" is only served in white here in Portugal...

Congrats on the new bike. Is really very nice!

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Love the stealth look; if I bought a new Enduro, thats exactly what it would look like.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pieroglif View Post
    If you're getting an Evo, I think you don't care that much about the bike's weight. I would stick to Shimano. I have a set of 2012 XT's on my Demo and a set of X0 brakes on my Enduro, and I keep Avid's only for the sake of low weight (around 300g on a set of brakes and rotors). Still, I do have a set of XT's new in bag waiting for me to stop being a weight weenie!
    My SX Trail is a touch under 36lbs so the Evo will be lighter even with the SLX. I presume the the Avid rotors would still be compatible as I use the SLX with Hope rotors which I'd be leaving on the old bike.

That black Comp is sick btw!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Sure they will be compatible. If you need more power, with Shimano SLX-M666 you can always upgrade to Ice-Tech rotors and metallic finned pads. I heard it's an upgrade best made together, but maybe there are more knowledgable people here to correct me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm deciding between the stumpy evo or enduro comp 2013 for a new bike. Can the enduro handle xc with tight corners and steep climbs outside of the all mountain purpose? These are my first thoughts.

Stumpy evo negatives :
    - black/white colour for 26inch model in my country
    - 32 fork vs 34 fork
    - less solid frame for jumps and drops

Enduro negatives :
    - slow cornering in tight corners
    - heavy in climbs
    - bad handling at cross country riding

Any advice is welcome thx!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I know you're looking at a '13 model but I have an 08 enduro and my brother has an 09 Stumpy elite. I've ridden his stumpy quite a bit and have come to realize how different both bikes are. But let me first say this, it will depend solely on how and where you're riding. Both bikes will do what you want them to do, but depending on what bike you have for a specific trail can make all the difference.

Just a short example; I train on a xc singletrack trail that has many tight turns, a lot of ups and downs requiring a lot of pedaling, and drops of about two feet. I train on this trail because its a 3 mile loop with a mix of everything yet really strains you because you're pedaling non stop to beat the clock. This is a task on my enduro because of the weight(Keep in mind it weighs 4lbs more than a new Enduro); the bike feels slow and heavy and just doesn't feel alive like the stumpy does on this same trail. It is very noticeable on tight, steep switchbacks because of the slacker HT and longer wheelbase; the stumpy feels like it just takes less effort. But compared to the faster parts of the trail the enduro just eats everything up feeling much more stable at speed making you more confident to go faster. The Enduro shines over the stumpy in the jumps as well, feeling more stable on landings and doing a better job at absorbing the hits.

Both bikes are very different yet are similar within a certain realm of riding. The stumpy evo and endruo comp are very close to what they are intended to do and will really rely on what the majority of your riding will consist of. You can use one for the majority of your riding, but if its too much, or not enough of what you need can make or break your purchase.

What type of trails will you be riding? How big are the drops? How often do you climb and how crazy are the descents? Do you push yourself to go faster?

A better understanding of your riding habits will help.

Website

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Finley View Post
    I'm deciding between the stumpy evo or enduro comp 2013 for a new bike. Can the enduro handle xc with tight corners and steep climbs outside of the all mountain purpose? These are my first thoughts.

Stumpy evo negatives :
    - 32 fork vs 34 fork

Enduro negatives :
    - heavy in climbs

Definately take the terrain into consideration, but just take a look around. What types of bikes do you mainly see on the trails you ride? Are you seeing more "all-mountain" style bikes or more "trail" oriented bikes. This may help in the decision as well. I know 10mm of travel is not a very big difference. Are you looking at the evo comp or the evo (carbon) expert? How big/strong are you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Stumpy evo negatives :
    - 32 fork vs 34 fork

Enduro negatives :
    - heavy in climbs

You pointed the drawbacks of each construction well, so you should decide what matters to you more. Looking at the strength of your arguments, I would say go for a Stumpy. Anyway, they both have 15mm axles for 2013, so if you feel you miss the stiffness in front, you can upgrade to a 34 or 36mm fork and still end up with a lighter bike than the enduro. As for the stiffness of the frame, unless you go jumping like Darren, you should be fine. Happy new year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The fastest bike I ever had.

My 2013 Enduro S-Works, size L

fork: Fox 34 Talas RC2
    shock: CCDB Air
    stem: Easton 35 Havoc
    bar: Easton Havoc Carbon
    grips: ODI Intense
    brakes: X.0 Trail Worldcup
    saddle: SLR Carbonio
    seatpost: Command Post
    clamp: Schraubwürger
    Antrieb: XX1 mit 32er KB
    wheekset: Roval Traversé SL tubeless
    tires: Purgatory / Butcher
    pedals: twenty6 Rallye

weight: 12,3 kg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    On a bike like this, you look like a Happy New Year wish come true

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    I know you're looking at a '13 model but I have an 08 enduro and my brother has an 09 Stumpy elite. I've ridden his stumpy quite a bit and have come to realize how different both bikes are. But let me first say this, it will depend solely on how and where you're riding. Both bikes will do what you want them to do, but depending on what bike you have for a specific trail can make all the difference.

Just a short example; I train on a xc singletrack trail that has many tight turns, a lot of ups and downs requiring a lot of pedaling, and drops of about two feet. I train on this trail because its a 3 mile loop with a mix of everything yet really strains you because you're pedaling non stop to beat the clock. This is a task on my enduro because of the weight(Keep in mind it weighs 4lbs more than a new Enduro); the bike feels slow and heavy and just doesn't feel alive like the stumpy does on this same trail. It is very noticeable on tight, steep switchbacks because of the slacker HT and longer wheelbase; the stumpy feels like it just takes less effort. But compared to the faster parts of the trail the enduro just eats everything up feeling much more stable at speed making you more confident to go faster. The Enduro shines over the stumpy in the jumps as well, feeling more stable on landings and doing a better job at absorbing the hits.

Both bikes are very different yet are similar within a certain realm of riding. The stumpy evo and endruo comp are very close to what they are intended to do and will really rely on what the majority of your riding will consist of. You can use one for the majority of your riding, but if its too much, or not enough of what you need can make or break your purchase.

What type of trails will you be riding? How big are the drops? How often do you climb and how crazy are the descents? Do you push yourself to go faster?

A better understanding of your riding habits will help.
    I wanted to go for the enduro because I love the way it looks and is beefier for riding a couple times a year in the mountains when on vacation. I tend to push myself to go further and further, but when I'm at my home trails its too much of a bike I guess. Thx for explaining, I will probably go with the stumpy comp evo (and maybe the 29er because the 26er is not that good looking in black/white combo). Do you think the enduro with an angleset or/and a smaller travel fork (lower BB) will come close to the stumpy and be a good option for changing setups for a vacation (Italy,Austria)?

mtbr member
    thats my dream bike!

mtbr member
    my bike and me in scotland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-imgp0785.jpg  

mtbr member
    I wanted to go for the enduro because I love the way it looks and is beefier for riding a couple times a year in the mountains when on vacation. I tend to push myself to go further and further, but when I'm at my home trails its too much of a bike I guess. Thx for explaining, I will probably go with the stumpy comp evo (and maybe the 29er because the 26er is not that good looking in black/white combo). Do you think the enduro with an angleset or/and a smaller travel fork (lower BB) will come close to the stumpy and be a good option for changing setups for a vacation (Italy,Austria)?
    Just curious here, but if you are not racing (maybe you are and just did not read it) why does it matter between the two bikes? I mean to me, does it really matter that my bike is "said low weight" if I am just out riding? Would I not actually want a burlier bike for longevity and the occasional jump, tumble, otb, back flip? I mean, I think many ride for the fitness of it anyway, and would not the heavier bike be more of an incentive?
    Dunno, just hearing that a bike might be too much for someone or some terrain seems kind of silly if I think about it in my demented way

Personally I think you would be crazy to not get the Enduro. I mean hell, it even allows you to shorten the travel for better climbing
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I would go for the enduro. You can always build the bike either heavier or lighter depending on what you are doing. I have owned a 2010 stumpy and currently own a 2010 enduro. Its safe to say i will not be getting rid of my Enduro any time soon! I blew out the rear shock on the stumpy. With the stumpy you don't have very many options as far as upgrades. The rear shock on the stumpy is set. But with the enduro there is the possibility of putting a Canecreek DB air from the S-works. Specialized also went to the common 8.5x2.5 shock size I know you will not be dissapointed with the enduro. The bikes are built! I have never run into somebody that didn't love their enduro! I have an XL enduro and i can still that thing through super tight switchbacks. I have done XC on my bike with no problem at all and my build weighs 38lbs!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That is an option, you could get an angleset and go with a 150mm fork and have identical HT angles. You'd probably shorten the wheelbase a bit as well while retaining the BB height. You'll like the 4mm lower BB on the Enduro. Your other option is to sell your fork and buy a Talas so you can adjust the HT angle on demand depending on what trail you're riding and whether you're climbing or descending. This would be your cheapest option because you just sell your fork and buy a Talas whereas if you go with the angleset you'll have to buy the angleset.

I just got off the site and the bikes have almost identical builds with the Enduro Comp weighing in at 29lbs 9oz and the Stumpy Evo weighing 28lbs 10oz. They are within a pound of each other with the enduro having an inch longer wheelbase and a 4mm lower BB height. The HT angle is half a degree slacker on the enduro compared tot he stumpy evo.

I'd go with the enduro; the specs are too close not to go with the beefier model. You'll have a bike that can do it all and if it gets a little straining on the slower trails then you can install an angleset with a 150mm fork to adjust the HT angle. The best option in my opinion is to sell the fork and get a Talas so you can drop the front end of the bike for the climbs (Giving you around a 67.5 degree HT angle) and be able to raise it while descending leaving your 66.5 degree HT angle alone giving you a better descending bike. This way you don't mess with what makes the enduro awesome, which is descending.

Website

mtbr member
    May 2012

... and if we just ...

Me on my enduro!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-306_4664384940920_1531118066_n%5B2%5D.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-664707_4542755660264_1699049216_o%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I bet that 2013 Enduro S-Works rides amazing. Ridiculous bike.

Website

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast