Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 2170
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Well I suppose that we will have to wait and see. At least we won't have to wait that long.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    It's out: First Ride: 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR - Pinkbike

Makes me wonder what changes are coming for the Enduros (probably slacker head angle).

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I was thinking the same thing. That maybe they would make the HA slacker in the Enduro also but on the other side the Enduro 29 had been around for only 2 years so I don't know if they will proceed with geometry changes that soon.

Does anyone know when are the rest of the bikes including Enduro expected to be unveiled?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I just called the local Specialized dealer and asked him about any expected changes to the Enduro 2016 line since I have placed an order for the 2015 model a week ago. What he told me was that when he visited Specialized in US some weeks ago in order to get an update on the 2016 lines the Enduro line will remain more or less the same without any changes in geometry etc.

Personally I don't trust dealers that much especially when I have an order already in place but this is what he told me and this is what I am telling you.

If anyone knows something different please write it here or send me a pm so I will cancel the order and wait for the 2016 model. No details are needed, just a heads up.

Thank you in advance.

Trail Ninja
    The new SJ FSR isn't exciting to me when I already own an E29. I'm wanting one of the Ohlins shocks that Mitch has been running. Air shocks aren't doing it for me. The CCDB Inline and its spring rate curve really hasn't improved much over the stock Performance level CTD. Weight's becoming an issue, with it already over 28 lbs (Expert Carbon) and my wants pushing it to 29.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Can someone who owns an Enduro 29 do me a big favor and measure the actual bottom bracket height on it real quick? I'm planning to order one soon but the BB height is one of the most important factors in my decision and I've heard anything from 335-352 mm which is a big variance so I have no clue what it really is and the shop doesn't have any in stock to check. :/

And if you don't know, BB height is measured from level ground to center of BB.

mtbr member
    2014 Enduro 29 Comp Large.
    front - 2.5 Minion DHF
    rear - 2.4 Ardent

13 3/4" or 349.25mm

No way to measure while sagged right now.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I get about 338 sitting on stock tires with the 160mm pike. If you have wide pedals you are going to dig them from time to time leaning the bike hard over. 3At least 40ish is probably closer with newer tires and then bigger tires would be higher. This is in no way a "high BB bike" IME.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thank you guys! Is there really that much difference based on the tires you choose? And also, I heard that with the Fattie rims (29mm inner width), if you go with a larger tire, it might rub the inside of the chainstay. Have you guys had an issue with that? I'm planning to run the Schwalbe Rock Razor in the rear.

With my current bike, the Giant Trance 27.5, I constantly hit the ground with my pedals or cranks and it drives me crazy! I always fear when I have to start pedaling and try to pay extra attention to what I might hit on the ground. I don't want to worry so much about that anymore. The Trance measured 335 mm for me. So only 338 on the Enduro 29 would concern me with the extra travel/sag, but 350 would be fine. Hmm...
    Last edited by Bristecom; 05-17-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
    Thank you guys! Is there really that much difference based on the tires you choose? And also, I heard that with the Fattie rims (29mm inner width), if you go with a larger tire, it might rub the inside of the chainstay. Have you guys had an issue with that? I'm planning to run the Schwalbe Rock Razor in the rear.

With my current bike, the Giant Trance 27.5, I constantly hit the ground with my pedals or cranks and it drives me crazy! I always fear when I have to start pedaling and try to pay extra attention to what I might hit on the ground. I don't want to worry so much about that anymore. The Trance measured 335 mm for me. So only 338 on the Enduro 29 would concern me with the extra travel/sag, but 350 would be fine. Hmm...
    There's a lot of clearance back there, you'd have to go with a pretty big tire. I think 40mm rims are probably out of the question with a bigger tire, but 30 and 35 should be no problem with a 2.5. Obviously as you go to a bigger rim, you don't need as big a tire. The bike looks like it was designed with 2.5s in mind back there.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    There's a lot of clearance back there, you'd have to go with a pretty big tire. I think 40mm rims are probably out of the question with a bigger tire, but 30 and 35 should be no problem with a 2.5. Obviously as you go to a bigger rim, you don't need as big a tire. The bike looks like it was designed with 2.5s in mind back there.
    That's good to know! I feel a lot better about it now. However, I remember seeing some posts by you that said you were not too impressed with its climbing ability. Coming from the Maestro suspension on a Trance 27.5, do you think it would be bad enough that I would be disappointed? In all honesty, I do not like to have to mess with the trail switch and on my Trance I can get away with keeping it on the descend or fully open setting. Unfortunately, no Specialized dealer has any of these in stock for me to test ride so I would be ordering blind which is why I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I pull the trigger. But I'm pretty confident that it would be the better bike for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi. As I am waiting for my E29 to be delivered I am trying to decide what dropper post I should get.

First of all should I even consider the Specialized one? I like the setback feature but what about its function and reliability?

Next option is the RS Reverb that I had in my previous bike and worked without any issues but I really don't lime the cable hanging and as far as I understand the stealth one doesn't fit in the existing downtube hole without opening the hole a little bit bigger.

Based on my research the KS Lev seems to be the best option but my main condos the lack of setback that could be an issue when I want to set my saddle position since the Specialized geometry numbers include the setback length to the effective top tube numbers.

So what is your opinion or your actual experience? Which one is better?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    Hi. As I am waiting for my E29 to be delivered I am trying to decide what dropper post I should get.
    Had a Reverb on previous bike, now I'm riding a '15 E29 with a Command Post IR. I liked the Reverb a lot, but I prefer the Command Post,

- Nicer lever design imo (just like a shifter on my OEM model)
    - Prefer the faster return speed
    - Prefer three fixed positions to infinite adjustability.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barcolounger View Post
    Had a Reverb on previous bike, now I'm riding a '15 E29 with a Command Post IR. I liked the Reverb a lot, but I prefer the Command Post,

- Nicer lever design imo (just like a shifter on my OEM model)
    - Prefer the faster return speed
    - Prefer three fixed positions to infinite adjustability.
    ^This^
    I've had my post for 18 months and not one problem, it just works.
    If the dropper post comes with the frame or bike why not use it. Why spend an extra $300 or so on another dropper post?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    According to a thread I found on another forum which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link, it is possible to route the Reverb Stealth without drilling a larger hole by using a somewhat hidden hole in the downtube and ordering some clips from Specialized.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    If it is possible please send it to me in a pm. I have ordered the Comp so there is no dropper included. I will first ride it a little with the regular post to see if I need the offset and if I do then the command post will be my choice. If I don't need it I will have to think it a little bit more.

Thank you guys.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    There is a hole in the down tube for the dropper routing also the clips should come in your spares bag. It was easier for me route the guide tube from the bottom up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    So you didn't have to trim the hole bigger to pass it through?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    No, it fits a tube just fine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
    According to a thread I found on another forum which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link, it is possible to route the Reverb Stealth without drilling a larger hole by using a somewhat hidden hole in the downtube and ordering some clips from Specialized.
    Please post this link. There's no reason why you shouldn't be "allowed" to post it.

mtbr member
    FYI here's a link to the Command Post IR installation instructions:
    http://static.specialized.com/media/...0023579_r1.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Please post this link. There's no reason why you shouldn't be "allowed" to post it.
    OK, I just know that some forums have rules against linking to other forums. But yeah, here's what I had found: Can you install a stealth dropper post on a Specialized Enduro Comp? Yes.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. To summarize, the main difference with a Reverb is the larger diameter hydraulic cable hose vs. the shift housing cable for the Command Post IR. The question is whether it will run through the existing downtube hole intended for the Command Post w/o needing to enlarge the hole, and from that linked post it sounds like you don't need to enlarge that hole. You do need the 4-cable version of the "bats" though as opposed to the 3-cable ones provided with the bike (even if you have no front derailleur), because the extra slot in the 4-cable version accommodates the larger diameter of the hydraulic hose.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The spares bag comes with the 4-cable bats

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

2016 Specialized

I just called the local Specialized dealer and asked him about any expected changes to the Enduro 2016 line since I have placed an order for the 2015 model a week ago. What he told me was that when he visited Specialized in US some weeks ago in order to get an update on the 2016 lines the Enduro line will remain more or less the same without any changes in geometry etc.

Personally I don't trust dealers that much especially when I have an order already in place but this is what he told me and this is what I am telling you.

If anyone knows something different please write it here or send me a pm so I will cancel the order and wait for the 2016 model. No details are needed, just a heads up.

Thank you in advance.
    I have a friend who works at a Spesh dealer
    He said that when he was with the Spesh rep at Sea Otter
    He asked them the same question
    Enduro =No design changes only colors and bits
    Camber=650b option
    Stumpy=Redesign
    Also all Spesh trail bikes are now Evo, No more Evo designation

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Has anyone had no problems with their 2015 Enduro CCDB Inline?
    You seem to only hear about the problems
    Are their any shocks out there that actually work ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    Has anyone had no problems with their 2015 Enduro CCDB Inline?
    You seem to only hear about the problems
    Are their any shocks out there that actually work ?
    what problems are you referring to? i'm in the dark, but interested since i plan on getting a 2015 enduro elite soon. please elaborate

thanks again

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Anyone know how much the stock e29er (comp) wheels weigh? I am very close to purchasing some industry Nine torch enduros wheels, they claim 1750 grams I am just curious how much lighter that will be from what I have, and if I'll notice the difference....thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I haven't had any issues with my CCDBA Inline.

That Fox feels real good though:

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Looks like you replaced the CCDBA with an inline
    Is that a 14 frameset ?
    I wonder if it is just the OEM batch on th 15's that are suffering issues ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    No this is the 15 Expert Carbon. Comes stock with the CCDBA Inline.

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanM View Post
    No this is the 15 Expert Carbon. Comes stock with the CCDBA Inline.
    Good to know maybe I have just heard from the unlucky few
    A friend had two replacements sent

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride my SEE 29 since 4 weeks hard!! The inline works fantastic smooth.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Which one would you prefer? The Inline, the CCDBA or the Monarch Plus Debonair?

mtbr member
    Which one would you prefer? The Inline, the CCDBA or the Monarch Plus Debonair?
    Ohlins...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The CCDB inline is the best shock for technical Aspect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Can you define what does technical aspect mean?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How it works , best is check the factory websites and compare the shock manufactures...

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    OK I see. I thought that you were referring to more technical type of riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Can someone that owns a 650b enduro measure their clevis/yoke that is attached to the shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    my baby

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2015see29.jpg

ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Enduro 29 w/debonair

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-10420262_10153589626430283_2564089831005475287_n.jpg

SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Make 2 red rings in the aircan, for mor progression

ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Just arrived yesterday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanho View Post
    SO heres mine. I got it used and it came with a Debonair rear. However I can't get the dang thing to feel good. I'm running 230psi and I weigh 215. Even with the compression switch in the middle position it bottoms out way too easily. When I pump it through berms it blows so deep into its travel at first I thought the tire was folding over, and on a 5 foot drop to flat it bottom way hard and bucked me over the bars. Any ideas?
    I talked with a SRAM tech regarding my debonair. They recommend running 40psi more than your body weight as a starting point. Then starting with zero bands and tune from there by adding more bands. Im 190, and running zero bands at 230psi. Feels perfect. Mine is the M/M tune for the stumpy 26er.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I put a Monarch Plus Debonaire on my 2015 s-works E29 and its awesome! I'm running about 30psi more than body weight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Fassn8 View Post
    I put a Monarch Plus Debonaire on my 2015 s-works E29 and its awesome! I'm running about 30psi more than body weight.
    Great. Where did you get it from?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Had my LBS order it after my DB Inline failed (after 4th ride). While it's not quite as "Tunable" as the DB Inline, It feels great and the 3 compression settings are really useful. Also reaching the switch to change settings is much much easier than the DB Inline.
    Last edited by Fassn8; 05-24-2015 at 03:22 PM.

mtbr member

Last weekend at Post Canyon
    Such a fun bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I am almost 6ft (1.83) and I ride a large Enduro 29. In my previous bicycles I never used a seat post with an offset but I find it necessary with the E29. I suppose that it has to do with the seat angle in relation to the need of more clearance due to the big wheels and rear travel.

The problem is that this limits my choice of dropper posts since I need to get one with an offset so a Reverb or a KS Lev is out of the question. Is it just me or do others my size need an offset post as well?