Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    Oh and in regards to putting a Ti spring on an Enduro, it would contact the frame amd rub due to clearance between the shock and the frame.
    Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I have a 2012 Enduro Expert Evo. I picked up a Nukeproof Ti spring from Chain Reaction. Installed it and it seemed to fit, when unloaded. Riding around the street and doing some bunny hops it seemed fine too. But on the trail, towards the end of the ride I started hearing some horrendous creaking *sometimes*. It was the coil scraping the frame. Scratched off the paint a bit but otherwise no big deal, but of course I immediately swapped the coil back out. The Ti spring was a bit larger diameter, which like I said *should* clear the frame normally, but the clearance was so tight that when the coil shifted (there's a slight bit of play in the ID so that you can grab the coil and push/pull it a bit perpendicular to the long axis of the shock), it would rub the frame. Just like the Vector coil did on the regular Enduro frames, causing the warranty issue mentioned previously.

So, no Ti for me unless someone comes out with one that has ID/OD that exactly matches the Fox one. Plus, for a spring that short it turned out that the weight difference was hardly worth it. On my old Demo 9, the Ti spring saved 1/2 pound, but on this bike it was less than 1/4 lb I think.

On an unrelated note... is anyone else having issues with the headset on these frames developing a horrendous creak? I took mine apart after a few rides and found galling on the "slip fit adapter" that goes into the lower part of the head tube, above the lower bearing, and on the inside of the lower head tube itself. Basically exactly what was reported in this other thread. I've taken it apart a few times now, cleaned it up with steel wool, and a few rides later it's just as bad again. Some people seem to have had success with loctite-ing that adapter in there, and possibly the bearing too, but that seems like a band-aid on a bad design. I mean, I got this bike because it's supposed to be able to be ridden hard. Maybe I'll post up some pics when I get a chance, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Related to that, I've also had the crown on the Fox Van develop creaking now within a matter of a couple weeks in 2 cases now (already sent in for warranty twice). Is it me or is that just the price of having a single crown fork on a bike supposedly designed for light duty DH?

I love this bike otherwise, it's just that random creaks drive me nuts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    On an unrelated note... is anyone else having issues with the headset on these frames developing a horrendous creak? I took mine apart after a few rides and found galling on the "slip fit adapter" that goes into the lower part of the head tube, above the lower bearing, and on the inside of the lower head tube itself. Basically exactly what was reported in this other thread. I've taken it apart a few times now, cleaned it up with steel wool, and a few rides later it's just as bad again. Some people seem to have had success with loctite-ing that adapter in there, and possibly the bearing too, but that seems like a band-aid on a bad design. I mean, I got this bike because it's supposed to be able to be ridden hard. Maybe I'll post up some pics when I get a chance, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Related to that, I've also had the crown on the Fox Van develop creaking now within a matter of a couple weeks in 2 cases now (already sent in for warranty twice). Is it me or is that just the price of having a single crown fork on a bike supposedly designed for light duty DH?

I've noticed a creaking sound a couple of months ago and traced to the headset. I've then disassembled the headset and putted a cooper based antiseize compound between the frame and the cups and the creak stoped. I recall I've found it odd that the tolerances seemed to be a litlle on the loose side of tight, but didn't pay much atention.
    The funny thing is today, in my saturday ride, I've noticed the creaking has come back...

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Remember to put grease, oil or loctite depending on the bolts before you screw them in. Because the parts are alloy or aluminum and are not the same grade metal as the bolts. When you apply pressure it creates heat and the two metals react differently at different temperatures giving you that creaking noise. The oil or grease helps a lot and depending on the bolt's location even loctite.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Im 178cm tall without shoes,32 inseam. What size frame should i be looking at L or M - Will be a do all bike with long XC days and a bit of DH / AM riding .

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SMILER View Post
    Im 178cm tall without shoes,32 inseam. What size frame should i be looking at L or M - Will be a do all bike with long XC days and a bit of DH / AM riding .

Thanks
    I'm 180 and the 2010 L frame suits me perfectly. I use a supershort 50mm stem and still have a comfortable cockpit.

Cheers

mtbr member
    It seems like their sizes got a lot larger a few years back. I'm almost exactly your size (just over 180, same inseam). I rode a L 2004 Enduro with a 50mm stem that fit perfectly. Tried out 2011/2012 Enduros, and L was waaaay bigger, even swapping out for a 50mm stem. I ended up with a 2012 Enduro Evo Expert w/50mm stem and it feels perfect.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    It seems like their sizes got a lot larger a few years back. I'm almost exactly your size (just over 180, same inseam). I rode a L 2004 Enduro with a 50mm stem that fit perfectly. Tried out 2011/2012 Enduros, and L was waaaay bigger, even swapping out for a 50mm stem. I ended up with a 2012 Enduro Evo Expert w/50mm stem and it feels perfect.
    You on a medium now then jim?

Im looking at a 2011 / 2012 frame myself.

I used to ride a medium 2008 enduro which i sold and bought a large but it was massive.

Medium was pretty much spot on, but the 2008 was more of a long travel XC bike rather than an AM bike.

mtbr member
    Exactly. Sorry I didn't clarify that, I bought the size M 2012 Enduro Evo. It came with a 60mm stem, which was fine, but feels even better with 50mm to me. I agree, size L to me feels way stretched out and more XC. I'm more AM/DH oriented, but do my share of climbing too, and this size feels perfect to me.

mtbr member
    Just Wanted to pust up my new baby in here... took her out for a couple of rides yesterday and she is sooooooo damn plush!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-imag0295.jpg  

2013 Specialized Endruo Expert Carbon

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Me too. Feel that my 2011 medium enduro is larger and required me to stretch more.
    I trimmed my handlebar to 700mm to fit in better as I don't want to spend additional money

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro4710 View Post
    Just Wanted to pust up my new baby in here... took her out for a couple of rides yesterday and she is sooooooo damn plush!!
    l love the color of that Enduro

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is time for a new yr resolution for ur biking style

These are mine :P
    1. Change to single chainring like 32-34
    2. Hopefully some companies like CCDB give us more options on the shock
    3. RIDE MORE !!

aka...appBLING72
    Love that look. I have the sworks frame only in red/black coming. Was hoping to see it by now. Should be here by the end of the year. When did your arrive and where are you located?

How does the new kinematics feel on pedaling and still maintain that great spechy plushness?

THAT guy

I used to have this problem when mine was new. Every time it was from my stem/star nut being loose.My theory is that the carbon fiber spacers "compress", thus cuasing everything to losen up. But after abouth the 4th time of retightening everything, it hasn't been an issue since. Just make sure that star nut is nice and tight before tightening the stem bolts.

My headset did the same thing as yours and others in the thread you posted. But it hasn't gotten any worse in the last 2 years of heavy abuse. I do however use plenty of greas between everything when I rebuild it about every 5-6 months.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Very nice ride!...
    Is that the stock Fox 34? Did you like it?

mtbr member
    Very nice, still waiting on mine to come in. Cannot wait
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    awesome! my 2013 sworks should be ready tomorrow - cant wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NevB View Post
    awesome! my 2013 sworks should be ready tomorrow - cant wait!
    Where are you from & what color did you order? The last I was told was end of dec. for the red & end of jan. for the blue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Anyone notice that the Enduro Evo is back on the US site?

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Stinking double post
    Last edited by E-Rawk; 12-13-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: double post

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I noticed, and I also noticed that they have the price of them now along with both color options. Before they were only showing the Matte black. Can't wait to see one in person. Been going back and forth on the Evo and the Comp. Comp looks nice in person so we will have see????

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I think I'll be leaning towards the comp. I was looking at the Stump Evo but the Enduro Comp has a bit more travel and a little bit bigger fork. I think the Enduro Evo is a little too slack for a Do Everything bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    2013 Comps do look nice.
    Funny thing, in the US site the Comps are red or black (very nice!) and in the portuguese site the only colour for the Comp is white. Much prefer the stealth black colour...

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Those new Enduro's look awesome. Keep the pics coming.....

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    New Enduros look awesome - keep the pics coming guys!

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast