Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2217
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Sent my bike to the dealer yesterday. They say they will contact the local ohlins dealer. I wonder if the ohlins dealer will honour the warranty without first going thru spesh.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    They must do it. The same issue happened with some CCDB on the first run they had with the Demo. Shaft was not thick enough to withhold the pressure of the suspension.

If this is happening with the Enduro EVO, It will certainly happen on the Demo fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by des1512 View Post
    Sent my bike to the dealer yesterday. They say they will contact the local ohlins dealer. I wonder if the ohlins dealer will honour the warranty without first going thru spesh.

mtbr member
    The Ohlins is supposed to have a spherical bearing at the front mount to alleviate this issue. CCDB's are available with that front mount as well, but for some reason I don't think they use that version on the Demo/Evo.

I will say that I haven't seen anything like this on my 2013 Expert Evo with DB coil. I beat on it pretty hard, but I'm not super heavy. I did have the bolt attaching the yoke to the shock loosen up once, easily fixed with some loctite.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Got my bike back from the dealer. The ohlins shock was replaced by spesh. The tech was explaining to me that there'e supposed to be locktite on the screw end of the piston which in my case was absent. Thus, the the piston had somehow worked itself loose and the screw thread was sheared off upon impact.

All is cool now except that I had to bear the air freight charges because I don't live in US.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Here's the new ride after breaking my old xc frames chain stay. Wound up getting a superfly fs for xc and this beast at a great deal for everything else. Originally wanted the matte black but I'm loving the blue/black. I'll get better shots up soon.

P.s those pedals aren't on it. This was from the day I got it.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Got my bike back from the dealer. The ohlins shock was replaced by spesh. The tech was explaining to me that there'e supposed to be locktite on the screw end of the piston which in my case was absent. Thus, the the piston had somehow worked itself loose and the screw thread was sheared off upon impact.
    Interesting, I was wondering if that might have been the root cause of it. Could definitely see that causing problems if the bolt in the yoke gets loose and isn't fixed immediately. As mentioned that happened on mine but luckily I caught it right away and stuck some loctite in there, no probs since. Also happened to a buddy with a regular Enduro (CCDB Air) on one ride, since I had just dealt with the same thing on mine I knew what it was and how to fix it. Side note, I love how easy it is to remove the shock on these vs. some of the older designs. 3 bolts, no random spacers to loose.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Interesting, I was wondering if that might have been the root cause of it. Could definitely see that causing problems if the bolt in the yoke gets loose and isn't fixed immediately. As mentioned that happened on mine but luckily I caught it right away and stuck some loctite in there, no probs since. Also happened to a buddy with a regular Enduro (CCDB Air) on one ride, since I had just dealt with the same thing on mine I knew what it was and how to fix it. Side note, I love how easy it is to remove the shock on these vs. some of the older designs. 3 bolts, no random spacers to loose.
    Hi Jimw, when u did what u mentioned, did you have to remove the linkage where the shock is connected to near the seat tube in order to reach the piston?

mtbr member
    Hi Jimw, when u did what u mentioned, did you have to remove the linkage where the shock is connected to near the seat tube in order to reach the piston?
    to access the shock bolt you do have to unbolt the shock yoke from the linkage near the seatstay.

mtbr member
    Right, but you don't need to remove the entire link (not sure if that's what des1512 was asking?). On that linkage (called the S-Link in Spec docs), there are 3 bolts along each side. You remove the middle bolt on each side (the bolts that are attached to ends of the shock yoke). Then you remove the main bolt at the front of the shock and it drops out, and then you can access the bolt at the back of the yoke.

Torque specs in these docs:
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...M0393_revB.pdf
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...pecs_37_r1.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Right, but you don't need to remove the entire link (not sure if that's what des1512 was asking?). On that linkage (called the S-Link in Spec docs), there are 3 bolts along each side. You remove the middle bolt on each side (the bolts that are attached to ends of the shock yoke). Then you remove the main bolt at the front of the shock and it drops out, and then you can access the bolt at the back of the yoke.

Torque specs in these docs:
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...M0393_revB.pdf
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...pecs_37_r1.pdf
    The schematic diagram makes it so much clearer. Wonder why i wasn't provided with 2014 schematic.

Thanks jimw.

mtbr member
    Oops, I was thinking 2013 because that's the model year I have. Here's the 2014 versions of the above:

http://service.specialized.com/colla...0037545_R2.pdf
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...0017543_R3.pdf

In general, you can get to those manuals from here:
    Specialized Bicycle Components

Filter on "MTB", model year, and "FSR Manuals"

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks again jimw. Much appreciated.

Trail Ninja
    Did anyone else's Enduro Expert Carbon 29 come with an extra spacer on the crank spindle's driveside? There's a ~2.5mm wide spacer on mine, sandwiched between the dust shield and the usual spacer that's like 15mm wide. I can still use my entire gear range without it protesting (being noisy nor reluctant to shift) in the 42t cog in back, but it allowed me to fit a 36T up front for an even wider gear range that lets me mash on the downhills. The shain's angle does look pretty extreme though. Surprised me that there was room for the the 36t. I seriously wondered how they did it and pulled out my tape measure to verify CS length, 16.9" measured level to the ground, and 17.1" measured from center of BB to center of rear axle (angled up). That chainstay bridge plate most do some serious work.

mtbr member
    Hi,

I want to order a Monarch Plus Debon Air for a 2014 26" Carbon Expert Enduro frame (which will arrive in a couple of weeks).
    Now Specialized lists the 2014 26" Enduro with a 8.5x2.25 shock. (Same stroke as the 29er, which has less travel)

The 2013 had a 8.5x2.5, although the linkage looks different on the 2014 model.

So Id need to order the 8.5x2.25inch shock - but that somehow seems strange, as the 29er has only 155mm, the 26" is said to sport 165mm, but the linkage looks very similar.

Is this a cost saving thing and the 2014 26" Enduro actually might have only 155mm travel?

Maybe someone with a 2014 26" Enduro could let the air out of the shock and confirm if it really is only 2.25inches in stroke.

Id be super grateful!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Hi,

I want to order a Monarch Plus Debon Air for a 2014 26" Carbon Expert Enduro frame (which will arrive in a couple of weeks).
    Now Specialized lists the 2014 26" Enduro with a 8.5x2.25 shock. (Same stroke as the 29er, which has less travel)

The 2013 had a 8.5x2.5, although the linkage looks different on the 2014 model.

So Id need to order the 8.5x2.25inch shock - but that somehow seems strange, as the 29er has only 155mm, the 26" is said to sport 165mm, but the linkage looks very similar.

Is this a cost saving thing and the 2014 26" Enduro actually might have only 155mm travel?

Maybe someone with a 2014 26" Enduro could let the air out of the shock and confirm if it really is only 2.25inches in stroke.

Id be super grateful!
    This is the shock I bought for my 2014 Enduro 26 comp. It works awesome. I was reading on the debonair requiring high pressures to get appropriate sag numbers, so I just bought the Autosag version.

RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Rear Shock with Autosag for 2013 2014 Enduro 26 B1 | eBay

mtbr member
    @tmoney:

Thanks for your response!
    Did you check if the seatstay brace or the rear tire contacts the seattube at full compression?
    You probably get a bit more than 170mm of travel with the 2.5" stroke shock?
    I am really puzzled whats up with the shock dimensions on the 2014 Enduros...

mtbr member
    Anyone know or tried to fill a 27.5 wheel on enduro carbon expert 2013?
    Is there any room left in the chainstay upper and lower..?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have a 2015 Enduro which was released mid 2014 ! it is the Expert XL 29er. Great ride and love it when it is working. However the Cane Creek DB air shock it came with lasted 2 rides. The dealer put the RockShox Monarch on for me straight away and ordered a new Cane Creek from Spec, that was several weeks ago and a replacement has still not arrived, apparently there are a lot of these being sent back, according to my dealer. Then yesterday the DT Swiss rear hub, I have heard this model is only made for Spec, cracked while peddling up hill. This on a bike just a few weeks old. Not happy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    @tmoney:

Thanks for your response!
    Did you check if the seatstay brace or the rear tire contacts the seattube at full compression?
    You probably get a bit more than 170mm of travel with the 2.5" stroke shock?
    I am really puzzled whats up with the shock dimensions on the 2014 Enduros...
    I just read your message and deflated my shock to check clearances. I have plenty of clearance with the 2.5 stroke shock. Here is a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-shock-clearance.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great, thanks!

Looks like it fits perfect!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthuar View Post
    Anyone know or tried to fill a 27.5 wheel on enduro carbon expert 2013?
    Is there any room left in the chainstay upper and lower..?
    Thanks.
    ,,anyone?? :-(

mtbr member
    We tried a set of 27.5 wheels with 2.35 Hans Dampf on my 2013 SJ Evo and a Friends 2013 S-works Enduro 26". The center tread just barely rubbed the arch on the chain and seat stay. I bet the 2.25 Hans Dampf would clear on both bikes, but not by much.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member

Wink

Thanks a lot @ Mr.Lynch
    I 'm going to test a 2013 Expert with this combo solution.
    In general the Schwalbe tires got a bigger shoulder than equivalent, probably with a maxxis Ardent o Mavic for the sake of experimenting should be good.
    It's a pity Specy have no plans to supply a chainstay for 650B.

[Edit] I'm 1.81 tall, the L size might be too large foe me? [end of OT]

mtbr member
    Since the 650b is a 26" front triangle and a new rear, it would be an easy swap.
    I've been hassling them for a 650b SJ rear for my biek without any luck.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Since the 650b is a 26" front triangle and a new rear, it would be an easy swap.
    I've been hassling them for a 650b SJ rear for my biek without any luck.
    I want to do the same, let me know if you find any luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

2000 Specialized Enduro Comp - still going strong!

2000 Specialized Enduro Comp (17")
    2000 Fox Vanilla R Coil-Over
    2001 Marzocchi Bomber Z1 MCR w/ ECC (130mm)
    1x9 Shimano XT drivetrain (Raceface Ring)
    Custom Upper Chain Guide
    Shimano Saint Platform Pedals
    Maxxis High Roller 2.35 tires (MaxxPro 60a, Kevlar)
    Titec DH kTi Saddle
    Oury Grips
    Stock everything else

Note: Old and newer photo of bike is before and after converted to 1x9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2000-enduro-comp-2.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2000-enduro-comp-1.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2000-specialized-enduro-2.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-custom-chain-keeper.jpg  

Last edited by Wrath of Khan; 09-24-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Converted to 1x9. So, so fun!

mtbr member

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert

My new trail & enduro racing rig, 2006 Specialized Enduro Expert.

SR Suntour Durolox 180TA (180mm/140mm)
    Fox DHX 5.0 Air
    Shimano XT 1x10
    Avid BB7 180mm (F) 160mm (R)
    Azonic Outlaws 20mm (F) 135x10 (R)
    Kenda Nevegal 2.35 (F) Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 (R)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member

2015 E29 Comp in size XL

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20141007_081937.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-20141007_082013.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-20141007_082030.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

DB Air vs Inline on Enduro

Can anyone comment on ride of a Cane Creek DB Air versus the new Inline on a 2014 Enduro? I know they both have had issues. I also saw that the 2015 Sworks comes with an Inline instead of the DB air. I'm trying to figure out which version of the 2014 Enduro 29 to buy.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    hi guys, any specialized enduro evo owner here? im using enduro evo 2012 model and was hoping to know whether i can change my x fusion vector hlr with another shock

im currently using the EVO LINK, can use any other shock on it?
    Last edited by ahchat_5991; 11-22-2014 at 02:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Khan View Post
    2000 Specialized Enduro Comp (17")
    2000 Fox Vanilla R Coil-Over
    2001 Marzocchi Bomber Z1 MCR w/ ECC (130mm)
    1x9 Shimano XT drivetrain (Raceface Ring)
    Custom Fabricated Chain Retention Device
    Shimano Saint Platform Pedals
    Maxxis High Roller 2.35 tires (MaxxPro 60a, Kevlar)
    Titec DH kTi Saddle
    Oury Grips
    NiteRider Lumina 700 Light
    Stock everything else

Note: Photo of bike is before it was converted to 1x9. Pedals are in the mail. I will post a newer picture when she is ready.
    Awesome! I still ride my 2001 Enduro a few times a week. These things never die. I have upgraded quite a bit. The latest are a new stem and Specialized wide flat bar. I'll post some new photos after my next ride. Looking forward to photos of a 1x9, as this is my next planned update too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel View Post
    Can anyone comment on ride of a Cane Creek DB Air versus the new Inline on a 2014 Enduro? I know they both have had issues. I also saw that the 2015 Sworks comes with an Inline instead of the DB air. I'm trying to figure out which version of the 2014 Enduro 29 to buy.
    If you are to compare with DB Air with CS, difference is only Weight savings from what I have been told. The Inline on some Enduros have been recalled due to an issue with the compression i think. refer to the CC website.

I friends Inline on his Endo 29er has already blown due to the above, CC is fixing it but had to ship to USA (from OZ) for repairs.

For 300grms only, gimme the DB Air CS as looks mean!! haha.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here is my ride. A 2001 Enduro with a BETD rear linkage, currently at the 4 inch travel setting which gives me about a 67 degree head angle. It also has a Manitou Minute 130mm fork and Manitou Metel platform shock. I just got that new Specialized wide bar, I think it came off a 2013 Carve. The tires are 2.3 Nevegals DTC and the drivetrain is Gripshift/XT 9speed. The only original parts are the Stout hubs, the BB, and the front and rear derailluers.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-uexw67sl.jpg

mtbr member

2011 Specialized Enduro S-Works

Here is what I currently ride on all trails...
    2011 Specialized Enduro S-Works Carbon

Pretty much stock from the factory...
    Upgraded:
    Front forks: Fox Talas 34 160-130 adj.CTD
    Rear Shock: Fox Float X CTD
    Replaced Rear Quick release seat stay to 12mm
    Thru Axle...

I love this bike so much I decided to build
    one on my own
    From the ground up.., !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpg  

Last edited by NoliWan; 11-26-2014 at 05:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arthuar View Post
    I want to do the same, let me know if you find any luck!
    Me too ... No luck too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hey guys. I don't know where in this thread I saw it but could someone tell me the name or link of the carbon fiber downtube protector. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I saw those selling on eBay for $70 here's a link:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=141243219448

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bogrider View Post
    Hey guys. I don't know where in this thread I saw it but could someone tell me the name or link of the carbon fiber downtube protector. Thanks.
    I got mine from Rockguardz.
    http://www.rockguardz.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Guys - Week-2 on a 2014 Expert Evo and largely loving the bike!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the bikes performance when I am out of the saddle sprinting to get up to speed. The peddle bob is horrendous and makes putting power to the wheels nearly impossible. My bike still has the Fox Float CTD w/autosag installed and while I haven't spent hours tuning the shock it I have followed the basic procedure for setting sag. Coming off a Niner with CVA suspension this lack of efficiency feels almost exaggerated.

Is this something I can tune out with the existing shock? Is this an "FSR" thing ? Should I be looking at the Cane Creek at a means of getting better peddling performance? If this is something I cant improve through tuning or a better shock I have a 2014 Enduro Carbon for sale.

Anything you can share is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I agree but for me it's more the front fork then the rear suspension. Either way, you can probably make some adjustments to improve the out of saddle performance but likel at the cost of some small bump compliance. I'm looking to replace the rear shock with something more tunable. Not sure what that is yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I order some Volume reducers for the Pike to get a more linear feel, but you right, likely all adjustments will be at the expense of small bump compliance.

This bike does well on climbs and kills it on the DH..just need to reduce the "bobbing".

Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member

Project Enduro

Building me a Brand New Enduro

Stock frame

Upgrade rear QR to 12mm Thru axle

Upgrade rear shock to Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_0104.jpg
    CHris King BB and Shimano XTR Front Derailleur

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by gbone View Post
    Guys - Week-2 on a 2014 Expert Evo and largely loving the bike!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the bikes performance when I am out of the saddle sprinting to get up to speed. The peddle bob is horrendous and makes putting power to the wheels nearly impossible. My bike still has the Fox Float CTD w/autosag installed and while I haven't spent hours tuning the shock it I have followed the basic procedure for setting sag. Coming off a Niner with CVA suspension this lack of efficiency feels almost exaggerated.

Is this something I can tune out with the existing shock? Is this an "FSR" thing ? Should I be looking at the Cane Creek at a means of getting better peddling performance? If this is something I cant improve through tuning or a better shock I have a 2014 Enduro Carbon for sale.

Anything you can share is appreciated.
    That bike is more a freeride bike, and tuned as such. It's not a pedaler per se, though it can pedal well enough to get you up the hill so you can bomb back down. You might be able to tune some bob out but as others have said, at the expense of bump gobbling performance perhaps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    After some more investigation today I think I made a bad assumption when setting fork sag, which was forget setting sag and focus on air pressure and tune the rest via the compression knob. Despite having sag set "properly" the air pressure in the left leg of the Pike was nearly 50lbs off the prescribed for a rider of my weight.

I brought the air pressure in the fork to the higher end of the chart on the fork and it was a different bike. Being self-critical, I feel like a fool for not checking this especially given all the years of the DH bike where I never bothered with sag.

In any case, I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts from the community.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    @gbone:

Are you sure youre on an Expert EVO? If you have the black carbon frame, the Float shock and a Pike it should be a regular "non-evo" Enduro.
    Or if you indeed have the EVO - the float shock might not be correct. That model usually comes with a coil shock?

I have the same bike (non Evo 2014 Carbon Expert Evi) (although with a Rock Shox Monarch+ DebonAir rearshock) and I find that it climbs well, once you settle on the correct sag settings. And when standing up and mashing it doesnt wallow too bad.
    Even in full open mode it is nice. Play around a bit with rebound and pressure settings and keep the rear shock in the middle setting for best results.

You might need to shim the air can of the Float a bit, as it is rather high volume and pretty linear...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

My expert evo 2014 comes with fox 36 front and ohlins shock at the back. Gbone mentioned fox ctd and RS pike. it has to be either a 2014 comp or a carbon expert.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hey guys, I came across this thread searching the net about a problem I'm having with my Enduro Evo 2012. It's been mentioned a couple of times but to be honest there is 50 pages here and I don't fancy scrolling through them all.

The X fusion shock is rubbing on the frame but I also find the linkage from the shock is pushing the bearings out of the linkage that joins to the frame :S

Anybody else had this problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzR...ew?usp=sharing

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I just got a reply off specialized...they said the bearings are sliding out and if I take it to a specialized dealer they will locktite them in?!

What the hell kind of a fix is that?? I could be wrong but it just doesn't sound right to me..

mtbr member

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cmx152 View Post
    I just got a reply off specialized...they said the bearings are sliding out and if I take it to a specialized dealer they will locktite them in?!

What the hell kind of a fix is that?? I could be wrong but it just doesn't sound right to me..
    Bearing retaining compound is a pretty standard fix in industrial applications.

It works fine if done correctly.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Fair enough then. I'm still not happy with it, if they've supplied others with new frames and shocks they must know there is a problem. The bearings are a tight fit as it is without gluing them in, they shouldn't be moving to start with