Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 1192
  1. #601
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    308

    Brand of Ti Spring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    I was in the same position you are. I had three options: pay $600 for the push tuned monarch, Push tune my rp2 or go coil. Going coil has been the best decision. If you can find a Xfusion vector or (if your lucky) a fox dhx that came off of a enduro evo, as well as the clavices, you will be happy. If your worried about weight, buy a titanium spring in the 8.5 x 2.35 size. You wont regret it!
    Sorry if this is obvious but coulnt find after multiple searches. Who makes the titanium spring that will fit 2011 Enduro Evo? (Fox DHX RC2, coil over w/piggy back 8.5 x 2.125", M:500). Any data on weight and performace difference? thx

  2. #602
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    Sorry if this is obvious but coulnt find after multiple searches. Who makes the titanium spring that will fit 2011 Enduro Evo? (Fox DHX RC2, coil over w/piggy back 8.5 x 2.125", M:500). Any data on weight and performace difference? thx
    You don't need the spring to be 8.5 x 2.125. I am running a 8.5 x 2.35 spring. I don't know if you heard about the warranty issue with the enduro evo, but the spring Specialized orignally had on it was too big in diameter so it rubbed on the frame creating damage. I don't know if the titanium springs are bigger around in diameter than the new warranty replacements, because if they are they will rub. Ive seen an enduro posted with a Ttianium spring and i asked him where he got it, but i haven't gotten a response.

  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    Sorry if this is obvious but coulnt find after multiple searches. Who makes the titanium spring that will fit 2011 Enduro Evo? (Fox DHX RC2, coil over w/piggy back 8.5 x 2.125", M:500). Any data on weight and performace difference? thx
    According to the TF Tuned website, Manitou and Cane Creek springs fit Fox DHX shocks.
    Cane Creek has titanium springs (although only in 350x3 and 400x3)

    Cane Creek Titanium Springs - TF Tuned Shox

    Cheers.

  4. #604
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    308

    Renton

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    You don't need the spring to be 8.5 x 2.125. I am running a 8.5 x 2.35 spring. I don't know if you heard about the warranty issue with the enduro evo, but the spring Specialized orignally had on it was too big in diameter so it rubbed on the frame creating damage. I don't know if the titanium springs are bigger around in diameter than the new warranty replacements, because if they are they will rub. Ive seen an enduro posted with a Ttianium spring and i asked him where he got it, but i haven't gotten a response.
    I was not aware of the warranty issue. Where do I find more about this?

    As a starter I contacted Renton and here's what they said based on several questions (im very green on this topic) re the 11 Enduro Evo spring:

    "Renton offers a Ti spring to fit the Fox DHX, just not in a 2.125" stroke length.
    The shortest stroke length we offer is 2.500" (PN: SCT-138-057-0500).
    This spring is 5.700" long (uncompressed length). If your shock has enough clearance to fit a spring of that length, it will work.

    Fox lists the spring travel on the side of their springs. This measurement is slightly longer than the shock stroke length to allow for some preload.

    Spring rate does not change between spring materials. If you run a 500 steel spring, then you should run a 500 Ti spring."

    Claimed weight is 364g. I wonder what other brands fit and the weight of stock Fox spring is 500x2.35.
    Last edited by Speedster; 11-28-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: correcting weight

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Anybody looking to sell their regular 10'-12' enduro shock links? Not the evo ones just the regular stock ones. PM me please if so.

  6. #606
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    I was not aware of the warranty issue. Where do I find more about this?

    As a starter I contacted Renton and here's what they said based on several questions (im very green on this topic) re the 11 Enduro Evo spring:

    "Renton offers a Ti spring to fit the Fox DHX, just not in a 2.125" stroke length.
    The shortest stroke length we offer is 2.500" (PN: SCT-138-057-0500).
    This spring is 5.700" long (uncompressed length). If your shock has enough clearance to fit a spring of that length, it will work.

    Fox lists the spring travel on the side of their springs. This measurement is slightly longer than the shock stroke length to allow for some preload.

    Spring rate does not change between spring materials. If you run a 500 steel spring, then you should run a 500 Ti spring."

    Claimed weight is 364g. I wonder what other brands fit and the weight of stock Fox spring is 500x2.35.
    Does the diameter of the titanium spring match the diameter of the steel enduro evo spring?

  7. #607
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    Does the diameter of the titanium spring match the diameter of the steel enduro evo spring?
    Hi!
    Ive an Specialized enduro elite 06

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    My Spec Enduro 06
    Last edited by poolnikov; 11-30-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26


    2 weeks ago

  10. #610
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by poolnikov View Post


    2 weeks ago
    see you finaly have your 10 posts...

    Nice ride!

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    Does the diameter of the titanium spring match the diameter of the steel enduro evo spring?
    I dont know. Was hoping more would reply but perhaps very few upgrate to Ti.

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    What rear shock is that? Care to share were you got that titanium spring? Sweet enduro!
    Not my bike but thats a Marzocchi Roco. The coil in the picture may look like a TI coil, but marzocchi makes silver steel springs that look like TI.
    You were talking about ti coils and Ive been on here for about three years now and I've only seen maybe three Enduros with ti coil springs. All three of them were the 07-09 models.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  13. #613
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    337
    So I decided to change the Marzocchi 66CR and put a Fox 180 Van R on it. About a pound less weight and can put the Fit RC2 cartridge in it as an upgrade if I feel the need to.

    Oh and in regards to putting a Ti spring on an Enduro, it would contact the frame amd rub due to clearance between the shock and the frame.
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    888
    ^ Very nice build, loving the components and color combination.

    Ill have my Enduro fully built up by January hopefully, same black and white scheme as yours.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  15. #615
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    ANY BODY THAT HAS CONVERTED THEIR ENDURO TO EVO. I have a 2010 enduro expert. I got a 2012 vector R (off of a 2012 enduro evo comp) including the clavices. I installed the shocks and loved it. After two rides the bearings that are located where the clavices connect to the linkage are coming out. I thought it was just the loose end caps. I took the end caps off and the beat the bearings back into the bike. After just ridiing around my neighborhood the bearings are back out. I came to the conclusion that the clavices were bending and pushing the bearings out. This is true. I took it to my Specialized dealer and had them take a look at it. They called Specialized and it turns out that the S-link on the 2012 enduro is not the same as the one on the 2010 enduro. If anybody else has converted there 2010 enduro to an evo enduro PLEASE LET ME KNOW. If you have any info on converting 2010 enduros to evo again, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I really just want my bike to work right now with the rear coil.

  16. #616
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by 671 View Post
    All done with my 2010 enduro.
    What enduro did you get those clavices off of? Are you having any issues with the bearings that are at the end of the clavices popping out?

  17. #617
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mud Gecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    I had been running my 2010 Enduro comp with the Evo kit for 6 months or so with no issues, however I went on a downhilling trip in September this year and had a big crash where I came up short on a good size hip jump fell off and broke my collarbone.

    Fast forward 4-5 weeks and having almost recovered I wanted to go for a ride but I hadn't even looked at my bike since the crash, I jumped on and went for a cruise down the road and heard a weird noise coming from the rear suspension. I found that one bearing had almost popped out and another was working its way out.

    I pressed them back in and checked every pivot and bearing in the rear. I did notice the the way the links connect was putting pressure on the bearings. I'm not sure what year my Evo links are though.

    The tracks where I live don't have any big drops or jumps but I have been riding several times since then and havent had any further issues. .

    I will definitely be keeping a close eye on them in the future.

  18. #618
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    337
    I bought my evo kit for my 2011 comp and I believe that it's a 2011 evo kit. I have had no issues with the link, but don't ride it as aggressive as some do. The main reason for changing to the evo kit is that I didn't like the ride of the air shock. Maybe for next summer I might build up a status, but my Enduro is mostly for aggressive trail riding and light dh runs.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #619
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Gecko View Post
    I had been running my 2010 Enduro comp with the Evo kit for 6 months or so with no issues, however I went on a downhilling trip in September this year and had a big crash where I came up short on a good size hip jump fell off and broke my collarbone.

    Fast forward 4-5 weeks and having almost recovered I wanted to go for a ride but I hadn't even looked at my bike since the crash, I jumped on and went for a cruise down the road and heard a weird noise coming from the rear suspension. I found that one bearing had almost popped out and another was working its way out.

    I pressed them back in and checked every pivot and bearing in the rear. I did notice the the way the links connect was putting pressure on the bearings. I'm not sure what year my Evo links are though.

    The tracks where I live don't have any big drops or jumps but I have been riding several times since then and havent had any further issues. .

    I will definitely be keeping a close eye on them in the future.
    What enduro evo did your kit come off of? I am having the same problem. I found out when i hit drops i am actually bending the clavices. It might be my weight (220lbs without gear).

  20. #620
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mud Gecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    I bought them 6 months ago, so I'm gonna say 2012?

  21. #621
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    [QUOTE=Mud Gecko;9924067]I bought them 6 months ago, so I'm gonna say 2012?[/QU

    I found out it is actually the links bending. I am going to weld some gussets on to the side of them and hope that works,

  22. #622
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mud Gecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    I went for a ride this morning and the right side bearing started working its way out again, fml. I'm gonna take it apart and work out whats going on. I may need to get the link machined to take the pressure of the bearing.

    How did you work out the links are bending?

  23. #623
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Gecko View Post
    I went for a ride this morning and the right side bearing started working its way out again, fml. I'm gonna take it apart and work out whats going on. I may need to get the link machined to take the pressure of the bearing.

    How did you work out the links are bending?
    Since i have a machine shop, issues like these are easily fixed. I am going to weld gussets on the outside of the clavices. That will help with the bend. I haven't done it yet, but it will be done by next week. I will post pics and let you know how it turns out! Don't be worried. You know exactly what is going and the only available fix.

  24. #624
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8

    Problem!

    Hi, i have little problem with my specialized enduro comp 2011. Frame is too small to me and i have to change it but problem is with rear axle. I' dont know what rear axle ai have, is it 10x135 or 142 qr or what? Can anybody help me?

  25. #625
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SenorSerioso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    316
    It's a 135.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •