Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    A bit away from the direction the conversation is going, but anyone want's to get rid of a monarch plus rc3 for a 2010-2012 Enduro? I don't mind having one...

Nor Push nor TF Tuned seem to have the monarch for the enduro anymore...
    Last edited by tugamik; 11-25-2012 at 03:44 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    I bit away from the direction the conversation is going, but anyone want's to get rid of a monarch plus rc3 for a 2010-2012 Enduro? I don't mind having one...

Nor Push nor TF Tuned seem to have the monarch for the enduro anymore...
    Get a coil.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdodirt View Post
    Get a coil.
    "Get a coil" seems to be the standard answer to the "I can get me no Airshock for my Enduro" dilema...

Anyway, would have the same problem, the damned key'd bottom eyelet....

mtbr member
    May 2012
    "Get a coil" seems to be the standard answer to the "I can get me no Airshock for my Enduro" dilema...

Anyway, would have the same problem, the damned key'd bottom eyelet....
    I was in the same position you are. I had three options: pay $600 for the push tuned monarch, Push tune my rp2 or go coil. Going coil has been the best decision. If you can find a Xfusion vector or (if your lucky) a fox dhx that came off of a enduro evo, as well as the clavices, you will be happy. If your worried about weight, buy a titanium spring in the 8.5 x 2.35 size. You wont regret it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was in the same position you are. I had three options: pay $600 for the push tuned monarch, Push tune my rp2 or go coil. Going coil has been the best decision. If you can find a Xfusion vector or (if your lucky) a fox dhx that came off of a enduro evo, as well as the clavices, you will be happy. If your worried about weight, buy a titanium spring in the 8.5 x 2.35 size. You wont regret it!
    Thanks for the advice.

But I guess finding a dhx will be as hard as getting a monarch, they are highly rated too...

Did you had the chance to try the monarch?

Cheeers!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the advice.

But I guess finding a dhx will be as hard as getting a monarch, they are highly rated too...

Did you had the chance to try the monarch?

Cheeers!
    I have not. The Xfusion Vector is what i have. It is a great shock but it does not have any compression adjustments just rebound. But Xfusion will add them for $100. What kind of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have not. The Xfusion Vector is what i have. It is a great shock but it does not have any compression adjustments just rebound. But Xfusion will add them for $100. What kind of riding do you do?
    Bit of everything. I guess you can call it enduro riding (lol)
    I take my time on the ascent (no uplifts), then rip on the descent.
    The descents are natural. Lots of roots, rocks, ruts, no banked turns (well, some are really). No bike park for sure... but i love these trails!!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Bit of everything. I guess you can call it enduro riding (lol)
    I take my time on the ascent (no uplifts), then rip on the descent.
    The descents are natural. Lots of roots, rocks, ruts, no banked turns (well, some are really). No bike park for sure... but i love these trails!!!
    Any jumps on the trail? Do you do any racing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Any jumps on the trail? Do you do any racing?
    Jumps, yes, some. Natural trails so no big prepared jumps with smooth receptions. Racing is not out of question, but it would have to be Enduro style, like they are doing it in France and Italy.

You're trying to assess what kind of riding I do, to determine if air or coil shock are more suited, right? I guess you could say is aggressive AM riding.

I guess a Monarch Plus would be the best choice, but these aren't easily available anymore. What do you think? (coil, you already said it!... lol)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Jumps, yes, some. Natural trails so no big prepared jumps with smooth receptions. Racing is not out of question, but it would have to be Enduro style, like they are doing it in France and Italy.

You're trying to assess what kind of riding I do, to determine if air or coil shock are more suited, right? I guess you could say is aggressive AM riding.

I guess a Monarch Plus would be the best choice, but these aren't easily available anymore. What do you think? (coil, you already said it!... lol)
    Spot on ( about the assessing part)! If you could find a monarch plus made for the enduro Push will re-do the tune for free. If not (and if you don't mind the weight of a coil without using a titanium spring) the coil would be the way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2010

New (to me) Enduro Comp

Just got a 2010 (barely used) enduro comp (stock). Coming from an '07-;08 Titus Motolite 2. Was a great bike, just time to move on. Need help deciding what to steal from the ML2 as it is a pretty blingy build all XO and XTR etc. Would like to shave a little weight if possible.
    ML2 build:
    Mavic Crossmax XL (2005 or 2006? was replaced by the SX in '07) 23mm outside width
    Formula Oro Puro with fancy kevlar lines carbon levers etc.
    Gravity Dropper Classic
    XO shifters
    XTR cranks m970
    XO rear Der
    XTR front (doesn't matter not direct mount)
    xt or xtr cassette
    sunline V1 bar

Here is the stock enduro build:
    Specialized Bicycle Components

My thoughts:
    Definitely keeping the Gravity Dropper, might have to shim it but I love it.
    Keeping the Sunline bar
    Biggest question: Do I keep a 2005 proven wheelset (I'm fine with the freehub quirks and frequent servicing) Narrower not as good for fat tires, but I've been running a Minion DH/F 2.5 (really 2.35) no problems. UST no rim tape is nice.
    I've liked the Formula brakes, but would need to get bigger rotors or see if they work with the avid elixer rotors and adapters. Formula parts are stupid expensive a little harder to find.

Is it worth changing shifters and rear der?
    What do people think of the stock wheels? Anyone know the weight?

Love to hear thoughts especially on the wheels and brakes!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronka970 View Post
    Just got a 2010 (barely used) enduro comp (stock). Coming from an '07-;08 Titus Motolite 2. Was a great bike, just time to move on. Need help deciding what to steal from the ML2 as it is a pretty blingy build all XO and XTR etc. Would like to shave a little weight if possible.
    ML2 build:
    Mavic Crossmax XL (2005 or 2006? was replaced by the SX in '07) 23mm outside width
    Gravity Dropper Classic
    XO shifters
    XTR cranks m970
    XO rear Der
    xt or xtr cassette
    sunline V1 bar

My thoughts:
    Keeping the Sunline bar
    Biggest question: Do I keep a 2005 proven wheelset (I'm fine with the freehub quirks and frequent servicing) Narrower not as good for fat tires, but I've been running a Minion DH/F 2.5 (really 2.35) no problems. UST no rim tape is nice.
    I've liked the Formula brakes, but would need to get bigger rotors or see if they work with the avid elixer rotors and adapters. Formula parts are stupid expensive a little harder to find.

Id just try it out stock and then make changes as you go. I have the 2010 expert enduro. Great bike!

THAT guy
    ML2 build:
    Gravity Dropper Classic
    XO shifters
    XTR cranks m970
    XO rear Der
    xt or xtr cassette
    sunline V1 bar

My thoughts:
    Keeping the Sunline bar

I would say put your XO shifters and derailleur on. Don't put the cassette on unless its has really low miles on it. It's broken in with you old chain, and I don't think you want to swap out your old drivetrain. But I would recomend a nice XT-XO level cassette (if its in your budget) because the stock one is a tank.
    As for the wheels and brakes... Don't use the wheels, They are too narrow for a bike like the enduro... You will get alot of sidewall flex when you take advantage of its DH awesomeness. And for the brakes, i'm a bit confused on what you said about bigger rotors. The formulas will work just fine on the avid rotors and mounts... thats pretty much industry standard. As far as which ones to run, thats up to you. I love avid brakes, but formulas are sweet too.
    EDIT: I just reread your post, and saw the xtr crank. I would say swap the wholee drivetrain, assuming its not worn out.
    Last edited by TRY2KPUP; 11-20-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    ML2 build:
    Gravity Dropper Classic
    XO shifters
    XTR cranks m970
    XO rear Der
    xt or xtr cassette
    sunline V1 bar

My thoughts:
    Keeping the Sunline bar
    !
    I have the same wheels, 05 crossmax xl amass I love them. I took them off my 05 iron horse mk3 and put them on my 11' enduro comp. I have only busted one spoke so far, but they stay true over some large drops.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The stock specialized DT swiss rims are 440s, ERTO (whatever that stands for) is 20 x 559, the crossmax xl is 19 x 559. I believe that means the internal width is 1 mm difference?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    I have the same wheels, 05 crossmax xl amass I love them. I took them off my 05 iron horse mk3 and put them on my 11' enduro comp. I have only busted one spoke so far, but they stay true over some large drops.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Have you ever found the rims to be too narrow? Burp a tire bead in hard corners? What size / kind of tires have you been running?

I've found I'm pretty happy with the minion DH/F 2.5 on my bike. May just start running those front and rear.
    thanks for the reply

THAT guy
    The stock specialized DT swiss rims are 440s, ERTO (whatever that stands for) is 20 x 559, the crossmax xl is 19 x 559. I believe that means the internal width is 1 mm difference?
    If your internal width is 19mm, your outside width should be more than 23mm.. Should be like 25mm or so. None the less the stock wheels are too narrow as they are. But with my quick google search, it looks like crossmax sx wheels have an internal width of 21mm? If thats the case, swap the wheels.
    For a bike like this, you really want a nice wide rim. I beat the snot out of my stock wheels for 2 years (still perfectly true) But i wanted a wider rim to cut down on my sidewall flex. So I got some mavic EN521 hoops (internal width 21mm external 28mm).
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ML2 build:
    Gravity Dropper Classic
    XO shifters
    XTR cranks m970
    XO rear Der
    xt or xtr cassette
    sunline V1 bar

My thoughts:
    Keeping the Sunline bar

Congratulations on your new (to you) bike!
    I'm sure you will enjoy it!

I have that exact bike (2010 Comp) and, honestly, I think Gawdodirt is spot on.
    Performance wise,I don't think you have to change anything right now. Try it out like it is, and see what you think needs improving.
    Obviously a XTR crankset or a Formula brakeset have an higher bling factor....
    but also have higher resale value than the stock parts.

But most important, ride it an enjoy it!

Cheers

mtbr member
    Greatings.

I've got a question for any 2012 Enduro owner, regarding the rear wheel axle.

What kind of axle is it, a syntace x-12, a rock shox maxle, what?...

I intend to upgrade soon to 142x12mm and I'm curios...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    On the Comp, rear hub is 12x142+ thru axle made by Formula. They call it a HiLo hub. Side note: came stock with Roval Traverse AL wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gosser66 View Post
    On the Comp, rear hub is 12x142+ thru axle made by Formula. They call it a HiLo hub. Side note: came stock with Roval Traverse AL wheels.
    Thanks for the reply.

I was inquiring about the axle itself (the skewer).
    In the Spesh LBS I've spoted a 2012 Stumpy and it had a DT Swiss skewer. Since these are usually not cheap, I was wondering, when the time comes to upgrade to the 142 rear end, will I need the DT Swiss or can I get away with other brand and, if so, which one.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the reply.

In the Spesh LBS I've spoted a 2012 Stumpy and it had a DT Swiss skewer. Since these are usually not cheap, I was wondering, when the time comes to upgrade to the 142 rear end, will I need the DT Swiss or can I get away with other brand and, if so, which one.

Cheers.
    i believe you will need the DT through axle because of the thread pitch.
    i dont know exactly what the specs are, but i know its at least different than the Rock Shox through axle
    Juice

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    i believe you will need the DT through axle because of the thread pitch.
    i dont know exactly what the specs are, but i know its at least different than the Rock Shox through axle
    Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.
    Sorry about that tugamik. Yes, as juice says, it's a DT Swiss thru axle on the rear.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gosser66 View Post
    Sorry about that tugamik. Yes, as juice says, it's a DT Swiss thru axle on the rear.
    No problem. Thank you for the reply all the same.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is CCDB air going to launch the support for 2010-2012 enduro ? This is the rumor I wish to come true

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast