Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,309 of 2309
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Also is $2000 a good price for a 2-month old 2017 Enduro Comp with normal upgrades? (Grips pedals etc.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoowMTB View Post
    Looking into buying an Enduro, (2017 Lowest Model 650B)

How does it handle slow speed technical climbs and rock gardens? My local has a bunch of these but still had quick flowy descents, drop offs etc. If it doesn't handle these things well, what would you guys recommend?
    It's a 165mm DH lite bike. So if you can climb through rock gardens with enough speed it will be fine... I think the Enduro has generally been designed to descend, and climbing as a bonus rather than pushing. I read fully like the green comp. Plus it comes with a dropper and Monarch Plus unlike my 14 comp which had no dropper and A CTD shock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoowMTB View Post
    Looking into buying an Enduro, (2017 Lowest Model 650B)

How does it handle slow speed technical climbs and rock gardens? My local has a bunch of these but still had quick flowy descents, drop offs etc. If it doesn't handle these things well, what would you guys recommend?
    I come from a Specialized Pitch Pro 2011. The Enduro Comp 2017 climb better in medium slopes, but when the trail is very steep the front wheel tends to loose contact with the ground.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Ok, good to know. Thanks for your input

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Noted, thanks a ton man!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quick question for those who have changed their wheels from the 142+ hubs to standard 142's.
    I've upgraded to some lovely carbon rims, but now the chainline appears off. In first gear on the back pedal the chain keeps slipping, is this normal due to the change or is there a fix?
    I don't appear to have any adjustment in the bb30 crankset to adjust the chainline in towards the bike.
    Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    I think you just need to adjust your derailleur high and low limits. And maybe just adjust the cable. That's all I did. The cassette is slightly now more outboard than the stock wheelset position.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Thanks mate. I have adjusted the high position which is where I am having the issues. The cassette seems more towards the hub now, which is why I think I'm having the issue.
    I have been thinking about spacers between the chainring and crank, but this will push the chain/chainring into the chain guide, which doesn't appear to be laterally adjustable.
    I have also contemplated a spacer behind the cassette, but I don't think this will do the engagement of the XD driver much good and could cause premature failure or wear.
    I will have more of a play later today with the tension and stops and see if I can adjust myself out of the issue.
    Thanks for your reply.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Finally got a picture of my bike I can be proud of. Really enjoying this bike even though I stiiiill don't have it dialed in yet. Took it on a 23 mile ride with 4600' of elevation gain (and descent ) Lots of fun to be had.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-lrm_export_20170708_151606.jpg

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Members who have read this thread: 179