Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 2210
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gosser66 View Post
    Same bike, same year, and removed the spacer. You're only talking 10mm (less than 1/2"). It doesn't change the geometry by much...maybe by two tenths of a degree. Go for it!
    Same bike, same year, same fork. Did the mod, noticed no difference.
    Not worth the hassle, if you ask me...
    but if you have the fork disasembled fork a spring clean and relub, why not try it? that was why I did it...

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kik View Post
    My bike with last upgrades.

Upgrades:
    • Fox Float 34 FIT CTD
    • Fox Float X CTD

• Fox DOSS 5''
    • Kore Repute stem 35mm

before:

Attachment 877976

after:

Attachment 877977
    Nice bike!

How did you get that raw finishing on the frame?
    It isn't stock, is it?

Cheers!

kik
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    Nice bike!

How did you get that raw finishing on the frame?
    It isn't stock, is it?

Cheers!
    The frame has the original paint, probably looks raw due to sun be shining directly into the frame.

mtbr member
    Hi there,im planning to change my High rise fatbar (30mm) for a lower one,i dont know if 20mm or even a 10mm Fatbar,im using a 2010 Enduro with a 160mm original Lyrik up front,any ideas of the better rise?

GreeneDog
    Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share the beginning of my Enduro story with you. Stating the obvious first, I was on a budget to buy an Enduro Evo. So I bought used. I've done this before and I knew the risks and I did it anyway. I found the frame I wanted, 2012 Enduro Evo Expert. When I received the frame I found a dirty frame with stickers and sand stuck all over it. Classic person selling not taking any pride in selling anything. Oh, did I mention a poorly packed frame which incurred damage to the headtube. What a bonus. A flat spot in the upper bearing race.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2419.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2420.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2421.jpg
    After talking with the seller he told me he only put half the amount of insurance on the package do to needing the money. He refused to fully refund the complete price I had paid and only pay same amount of covered insurance. I began to clean the frame and remove all the grease and stickers.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2445.jpg
    I brought the frame to a couple of trusted engineers and machinist. They were very familiar with the type of aluminum used and its traits. We went over a few different ideas of resolving this issue with the dent in the head tube. They all came to an agreement of the best solution. I found a hard metal object(1.25" socket) with the same diameter needed to reshape the bearing race. With some good advice to take my time and go slow, it worked.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2446.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2449.jpg
    So I began to build the bike from my parts bin to start and figure out if there were any more surprises.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2451.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2452.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2453.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2466.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_2467.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_4485.jpg
    Found it! The forks needed a quick refresh of the lowers. After removing them and a quick cleaning and fresh oil they feel much better. At the same time I changed the spring from a 500lbs to 600lbs. sames to balance the bike out very well.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_4486.jpg
    Basically finished it tonight. The only remaining head scratchier is the 160mm post mount in the rear. Silly me thought it would be much easier to local an adapter for the frame and 180 Avid rotors.
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_4507.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_4508.jpg

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_4509.jpg

Here are my final thoughts on the build. The cable routing under the bottom bracket is gross. When I was cleaning the Evo link, I noticed on the inside its engraved RC2/RC4. Can I put a Fox RC4 on this bike? The fit, it feels small. This is a medium. I have a medium Diamond Back Mission. By looking at the geometry of both bikes the Enduro should have had a longer top tube. I'm a little surprised, but not completely. I've added a 60mm stem instead of the 50mm I had. It feels better with the length and the slight added rise. The drive train lined up perfect. That's amazing because I never have that happen. It's been on one 3 mile test prior to being completely finished. Then a few laps around the driveway and sidewalks tonight. It feels pretty good. I'm looking forward to a proper ride and what 20mm brake adapter spacers look like. Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to do it all at one time.

Now stop reading and go for a ride.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 II
    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert EVO
    2007 Specialized SX
    2007 Specialized P1 Cromo

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

That's' a great story and I am glad that it works out for you after the hassle. Have a blast riding that bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    well on the issue regarding the use of the RC4. make sure you have the q mm spacer in place to reduce the shock stroke or the rear end will make contact with the seat tube and damage the frame.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hi there,guys between what time are you changing the frame bearings?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I personally wouldn't mess with bearings unless they're bad and making noise

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

29er style

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20140404_160746.jpg
    It's a bit heavy and I'd prefer it 1degree slacker on the ha but boy it's fast!

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    In my opinion - no. I think you're good on a medium with 6' height. I'm 6'3" and Large fits me PERFECTLY I feel. If it feels right, go for it. On paper it makes sense that medium is good for ya too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I agree. The medium fits me perfect and I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I always thought about going to a large, but have regretted sticking with the medium, and I'm on my second enduro.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140404_160746.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	884069
    It's a bit heavy and I'd prefer it 1degree slacker on the ha but boy it's fast!

How tall are you Waldo? I've been through both medium and large 26" enduros and preferred the large @6ft - being a 29er did u downsize?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I had a medium and a large in 26, both with 27.5 wheels(if that makes any difference???) And found the medium too small. The numbers on paper can be confusing. The far forward seat post gives a short top tube length but the reach its actually relatively long, compared to other marques.
    I'm 5,11 and the large is right for me, whether it is the 26 or 29er.
    This large 29 is a big bike but feels more compact and maneuverable than it's numbers suggest when out on the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

My 08 Enduro Expert SL

Picked up a cheap Enduro Expert SL frame a few months ago. Was rough, but cheap lol. Was missing a few bolts for the pivots. Lucked out and found a set on ebay. Slowly collected parts over the winter. So now i have a 08 ( i think ) 2011 rockshox totem fork, 2013 Fox CTD rear shock, Stans ZTR Flow wheels w/maxxis high roller 2 tires. Sram cranks, single speed up front 32tooth mrp chainring, XX1 11 speed drivetrain. Formula T1 brakes. I think thats about it. Only ridden it a few times, amazing bike so far. Also have a carbon MRP amg chainguide that ive put on since the picture. Needs a few things still. Have to get some cable clamps for the brake and shifter cable, zip tied for now. Waiting on a replacement shifter cause this one broke. But so far so good. Pretty happy with it. Official Specialized Enduro Thread-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    edit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-1465389_10153488504050504_530483154_n.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-1956865_10202675591324030_857484147_o.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-1925997_10202675591684039_695946542_o.jpg  

Last edited by Red Dojo; 11-02-2015 at 07:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Waldo, any pictures of the 27.5? What about tire sizes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath27 View Post
    Waldo, any pictures of the 27.5? What about tire sizes?
    don't know why the 14 is upside down?

i used mavic crossmax enduro 27.5 with the supplied tires, which were 2.4 front and 2.2 rear.
    there was not much room left for a larger tire out back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20131130_144002.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20131101_131907.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi, how it rides, better, much better, worse?, some feedback, im thinking on doing the same whit my enduro pro 2011 but im not shure.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The Enduro is all ready to go. Now if only the weather would cooperate and dry out the trails.

2013 S-Works Enduro Medium 26"
    2014 Pike 160mm
    Syntace megaforce 2 stem 50mm
    Syntace vector carbon high20 780mm bars.
    MRP AMG Carbon Bashguard that I modified by cutting off the top guide to only have the lower "taco" bashguard.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro-01.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro-02.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro-03.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro-04.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro-05.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hello friends,
    I am from spain. I have a Enduro expert evo 2012 with RC2 shock and I want to to buy a ti-spring, but I have read that ti-springs have bigger outside diameter and It could rub the frame. Ti-springs.com makes 55mm outside diameter spring to fox shocks. It would rub??

Thanks.

This is my bike

Last edited by mariolo; 04-15-2014 at 10:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So i was just watching and video from the world cup 1 in south Africa, and a Ron Gwin is racing an enduro evo. So I am now convinced that the new evo's can handle quite a beating.

mtbr member
    Yes they rode the Enduro expert Evo frame. I beat the living hell out of mine and it does great. But it still is not as stable as my DH rig that is for sure. But I do not have the lowered dual crown Fox 40 on mine like they do.
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just nice to see them on EVO and proving that the bike is stronger enough to handle some rear usage.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Girani2486
    Last edited by Girani2486; 02-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Thought id post mine up.. still a work in progress.

EP'd the bike back in Feb, built it up, weighed it, then tore it back down to frame/fork to recoup some $ by selling off parts that would be un-used.
    Next, I ordered the LB Wider 29 AM 30/35mm rims in the lighter AM weight. (Knew it could take up to a month+ to receive the rims so that was the first thing I ordered)[was going to go with Rovals, but I thought id try out the LB rims and also just wanted to build the wheels myself]

Over the next few weeks I did some research, decided on the component spec, and ordered the parts.

DT 350 Centerlock hubs, 12x142 XD (257g!) [still need to order 36t ratchet upgrade]
    DT competition spokes & Brass DT nips
    XT Brakes
    XTR/Saint Ice-Tech Center-Lock rotors (180mm FR&RR - may go 203 front if I feel its necessary ((which it may be for those bike-park days?!))
    XX1 Derailleur
    XX1 Shifter
    XX1 Cassette & chain
    Race-Face narrow-wide chainring (32t for now)
    RF Atlas stem 50mm (35mm)
    RF SixC carbon bars 10mm rise (35mm)
    XT Trail pedals
    Easton silicone lock-on grips for now, thinking of trying slip ons..
    Giant Contact-Switch 100mm dropper post (internally routed)
    - [Im pretty stoked on these posts so far.. You can set them up either internally routed OR externally routed, the lever/switch is a great design; split clamp, good feel and doesn't take up much real-estate, nice pivot, decent braided steel flex-noodle thing. Also, the head of the cable is ingeniously used on the actuating lever on the seat-post itself, rather than up at the remote lever as on other designs. What this means is there is no more fumbling with tiny cable knarps and set screws at the post side (which is a major PITA, command post anyone?), instead, you slide a little barrel that holds the cable head to the lever on the bottom of the post on to the shift cable.. feed it through the housing, feed it through the slot in the remote lever, tighten 2.5mm set screw, DONE.
    The post also utilizes a sealed non-serviceable hydraulic cartridge to make all the magic happen. (Picture a trunk/hatch lift shock). If it does somehow fail, a new one can be easily swapped in.
    Downsides: the post extends when you lift up on the saddle (as do many other posts), there is a very slight amount of "rotational" play in the post/saddle but is not noticeable while riding, and probably the biggest downside; up to 100mm drop only BUT it is ALL BLACK so...
    Also, best thing about this post is its probably the LEAST EXPENSIVE on the market!! ]

Ok, sorry about the impromptu seat post review there.. on to some pictures.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-enduroxx.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduroxx1.jpg
    Something id like to point out. If you intend on running center-lock with a 15/20mm through-axle, the "regular" or "standard" rotor lock-ring (as shown in the pic above) will not work. You can't get a lock ring tool over the axle stubs. You need the SM-HB20 lock ring with the external splines: Name:  $(KGrHqJ,!pIFJVf)-pyMBSd+3yeFKg~~60_35.JPG
Views: 2778
Size:  15.2 KB

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-lb3501.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-lb3502.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-lb3506.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro1.jpg
    Current weight is 30.2 with the dropper and XT trail pedals.. Haven't trimmed hoses yet or lighter seat post clamp, etc. either..

The next phase will be a RaceFace Next SL crankset w/ direct mount ring and hopefully the new Monarch Plus to round it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Specialized Enduro Thread-enduroxx2.jpg  

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Nice build! How are you liking the xx1? I love mine so far. Perfect gear range for me. What kind of shifter cable is that?

mtbr member
    To be honest I haven't even got a chance to ride it yet! (other than around the parking lot)
    I overlooked the CL lock-ring thing, but it should come in today and ill get in an afternoon/evening ride.
    Previous bike was setup 1x9, and though I rode a bunch of 2x setups last season, I just like the simplicity (and sometimes challenge) of the 1x.. and the 10-42 is just a huge range. I don't think ill have any complaints.
    The shift housing is just the Jagwire lex SL that came on the Enduro.

mtbr member
    Just got out for a couple laps on a local dh trail.. The bike rips! Feels very nimble and playful for a bike of its size.. Coming from a 6" 26er, the enduro feels just as playful and 'whippy'.. But just carries soo much more speed! Went from 6:21 to 5:38 on strava. The climb back up was comfortable (little longer stem may be nice though), the xx1 is amazing. Quick flawless shifts, great ratio between gears.. Didn't even use the lowest two gears.. May pick up a 34 or 36t ring to try out as well.

First impressions are very good so far.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone with a an evo expert upgrade to the new ohlins ttx?? It's backwards compatable to the '13 expert evo's.

Wondering how much better is it vs the ccdb?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I want to find a cane creek DB for 14 evo comp. The fox is good but the lack of any real adjustments is starting get to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Just installed my durolux RC2 this morning and looking forward to the weekend to test it out Official Specialized Enduro Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1398376769213.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here is my 07 Enduro SL Comp. About as upgraded as it's going to get. Still ripps!

Upgrades include:

XO Shifters (anno red)
    XO Casette (anno red)
    Middleburne granny gear (anno red)
    Race Face bash guard
    FSA Orbit MX Headset (anno red)
    Industry Nine hubs (ano red) laced to 31mm wide carbon hoops by Racing Inc.
    Hans Dampf 2.35" front tire
    Specialized S Works Ground Control 2.35 rear tire
    KS Lev 150 Dropper Post
    Salsa seat clamp (anno red)
    Renthal Fatbar Carbon Lite 740mm wide 30 degree bend
    Shimano XT brakes (brand new super stoppers)
    ODI lock on grips (red anno)

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-image.jpg

Items not upgraded:

M5 aluminum frame medium frame
    E150 fork
    Specialized future shock rear shock
    Shimano Deore front deraileur
    TruVativ Stylo Crankset
    Sram X9 rear deraileur

Was thinking about upgrading rear shock but bike is pretty dialed how it sits. 7 years old but still crushes it! 26" wheels and 33lb weight is starting to show its age though.
    Last edited by Gilbasa; 05-24-2014 at 06:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hallo I am Jockel from Germany
    I am looking for help at a technical problem.
    I bought my first spec enduro in 2007. After a frame damage I bought a new 2012 spec enduro frame and transvered all the parts. Now I have the problem that the specialized e150 futurshock T II doublecrown fork feels to be to short. When I pull out the tubes untill the end of the tubes, the bike goes much better. But that means, that I am 20 mm over the mark of max. extension. Now I want to find out, if this is dangerous? Can the tubes break?

Pleas excuse my bad englisch

Jockel

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    hi Jockel, welcome to MTBR. I suspect your specialised forks from the old Enduro are indeed to short for the newer model which came as standard with 160 or 170mm forks.
    Rather than risk serious injury from running your forks over their intended maximum extension, I'd look for a set of new or second hand forks as budget allows.
    You wouldn't go wrong with either 160mm or 170mm ones but don't try 180's - IMHO thats too much fork for the Enduro. I'm a bit out of the current loop with forks but the new Pike is getting rave reviews everywhere it seems. I'm sure some others will be able to recommend some alternatives if you provide some more details on the type of riding you enjoy?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi,

Is there any bolt kit upgrade for specialized enduro comp sl 09?
    The original ones are too soft and stripped easily. Ive switched bearings and you have to be very gentle applying force on them.

Does this kit bring the 2 suspension bolts for top and bottom?
    I need a new one for the bottom that has stripped :-(

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jockel View Post
    Hallo I am Jockel from Germany
    I am looking for help at a technical problem.
    I bought my first spec enduro in 2007. After a frame damage I bought a new 2012 spec enduro frame and transvered all the parts. Now I have the problem that the specialized e150 futurshock T II doublecrown fork feels to be to short. When I pull out the tubes untill the end of the tubes, the bike goes much better. But that means, that I am 20 mm over the mark of max. extension. Now I want to find out, if this is dangerous? Can the tubes break?

Pleas excuse my bad englisch

Jockel
    Hi Jockel,

Your English seems fine. I looked at my fork and if I maxed out the height of the tubes I'd only be about 5mm over the max. How is it that you are 20mm over the max. Can you send a picture so I can see what you are talking about? 5mm I think would be no problem but 20mm might be too much. My bike is a medium so maybe the tubes are shorter than on a large or XL.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi Gilbasa

sorry but I can`t send you a picture, because we took the fork out and replaced it by a rock shocks "pike". But when I pulled the fork out, untill the end of the tubes, it was exactly 18mm over the max mark.

Jockel

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Must be a large or XL fork. The Pike will be the bomb!

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008

2014 S-Works Enduro 29 build from frameset

26.5 lbs with pedals
    2014 S-Works 29 Enduro frameset/w Speccy blacklite Dropper
    Cane Creek DB Air CS
    2014 Pike RCT 29 160 15mm T/A
    Roval Control Trail SL Wheelset
    Specialized Butcher 2.3/Purgatory 2.3
    Sram X01 Drivetrain
    Formula T1S brakeset, 203/180 rotors
    Specialized Phenom Expert saddle 143
    2014 Race Face Next SL crankset w/ direct mount 26t n/w chainring
    ODI Rogue Grips
    Shimano XTR PD-M980 Pedals
    Enve composites 75mm carbon stem
    Enve composites carbon riser barOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-dsc03923.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    26.5 lbs with pedals
    2014 S-Works 29 Enduro frameset/w Speccy blacklite Dropper
    Cane Creek DB Air CS
    2014 Pike RCT 29 160 15mm T/A
    Roval Control Trail SL Wheelset
    Specialized Butcher 2.3/Purgatory 2.3
    Sram X01 Drivetrain
    Formula T1S brakeset, 203/180 rotors
    Specialized Phenom Expert saddle 143
    2014 Race Face Next SL crankset w/ direct mount 26t n/w chainring
    ODI Rogue Grips
    Shimano XTR PD-M980 Pedals
    Enve composites 75mm carbon stem
    Enve composites carbon riser barClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03923.jpg 
Views:	2933 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	899993
    That's a sweet ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice bike. Let me know if you decide to sell it for some reason. I'm looking for this size and year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi from Austraila! I've been reading the forums for a while now, but never posted.

Heres my '13 Enduro Evo. Had it for a while now, awesome bike!

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-enduro.jpg

Changes from stock include:
    - Fox Talas Fork,
    - Zee derailleur and shifter, setup 1x10
    - Avid Code R Brakes
    - E 13 Guide
    - KS LEV Dropper
    - Chromag Seat
    - Thompson stem and Renthal Bars (changed since pic was taken)
    - Schwalbe Hans Dampfs
    - Lots of other bits and pieces.

I see lots of enduro's around, but never any other evo's. Looks like there are heaps of Evo owners on here, so I thought it might be a good place to ask a couple of questions.

- Do any Evo owners run a narrow wide ring without a chain guide? If so, how is it? Ive got one on my hard tail and its great, I've just never been able to trust it with such a long travel bike.

- Have any of you evo owners looked at alternative rear shocks? mine has the Fox Vanilla R, its pretty basic. what other alternatives are there given the proprietary lower shock mount? anyone managed to fit an air shock?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm running a 2x10 on my 14 evo and can't see myself going to the 1x10 or the 1x11 set up. As for rear shocks, the only options right now are the Cane Creek DB coil. The show the new DB in line air as fitting, but when I called them they said it's a mistake on their website and will corrected. I have the same shock and feel that it's Ok, but could be better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    As for rear shocks, the only options right now are the Cane Creek DB coil.
    The DB coil is a great shock and worthy upgrade. You can also get the Ohlins shock for that frame (this is what the Expert Evo shipped with in 2014). Either way you'd have to go through a Specialized dealer (the DB has a custom mount for the shock yoke; the Ohlins is obviously Specialized-only).

I have the DB coil on mine and love it. I got one of these so I can crank up the LSC on the fly for climbs:

Lockout Lever for Cane Creek DB Air & DB Coil by slackard on Shapeways

This is way better than the one that Specialized put on the Enduro's with the DBAir before they had the climb switch, because that one could only move a couple clicks, whereas this one can rotate all the way around. I turn it all the way in for fire road climbs, one turn out for tech climbs and rolling terrain, and two turns out for descending. Had to modify it a bit with the Dremel to get it to fit exactly (think it was designed around the DBAir), but now it works great. LSC is the only adjustment I ever change these days; dialed in the other settings when I first got the bike and now just leave them alone.

This other tool by the same guy is convenient for adjusting the other DB settings (way more convenient than the regular DB tool from Cane Creek):

Cane Creek DBCoil/DBAir Knurled Thumb Tool by slackard on Shapeways

On that one I had to saw off a bit of the big side to make it shorter, as there wasn't enough clearance between the frame and the shock adjustment knobs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Any shop can order the specialized specific CCDB tune/travel/end attachment from QBP or BTI.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You also get it straight from cane creek.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got an email from push industries and they can do the mx tune with the new top cap that adds high and low speed compression.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

2014 S-Works Shamu!....I mean, Enduro!

Hey guys and gals of the Enduro Nation! I have long wanted this bike and now that I have it....I love it! Its a dream bike come true! Bought the frame and did a custom build up on it. Figured I'd share the glory ha!

2014 S-Works Enduro Frame L 26er

Fox Float 34 CTD Fit Kashima 160mm (Soon to upgrade to Lyrik 180mm shimmed down to 170)

XTR Drive-train with S-Works MTB cranks converted to 1x10 with Wolftooth S-Works specific 32t narrow/wide chainring and 42t cog in rear. (Works like a charm!) Possible upgrade to XTR 1x11....still looking into it.

XTR brakes with Ice-tech rotors 203F/180R

Hope Pro Evo2 hubs on Stan's ZTR Flow EX 26 hoops together with gold spokes. Had to cut and thread every spoke.....that will be the last time I do that! Pain in the @$$!!! But looks really good!!

Butcher 26x2.5 tires......I know, I know....very heavy tires and heavy wheelset now but I use them for the bike parks so they are pretty much bomb proof. Will be getting some Roval Traverse SL wheels soon and some Nevegal 26x2.35 tires which will shed almost 4 full pouns from the wheels.

Thomson 70mm stem

S-Works DH carbon bars

SIP XL grips

Shimano SPD PD-M647 pedals

Henge Expert saddle 155mm on Blacklite IR dropper seat post

MRP 2x bash guard and chain tensioner

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_103114_425.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_103125_277.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_103143_519.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_105435_272.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_105451_121.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_105504_090.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_105553_281.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140701_105613_540.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbjohnson7 View Post

XTR Drive-train with S-Works MTB cranks converted to 1x10 with Wolftooth S-Works specific 32t narrow/wide chainring and 42t cog in rear. (Works like a charm!) Possible upgrade to XTR 1x11....still looking into it.

Cool bike man.

What makes the chain ring S-Works specific?