Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2170
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba69 View Post
    I weigh 184 lbs and i have the standard spring fitted
    Ok. I think the standard spring they put in their forks is the blue spring, which ranges from a 150-180 pound rider. Did you get the purple spring as well when you purchased the fork?

Even though Fox claims 115 to 155 pound range for the purple spring, I would put that spring in and give it a shot. The fork is tuned for aggressive AM/light freeride style riding and you may need the lighter spring to get it to function correctly on the smaller, slower speed bumps. And if it sags just a bit too much, just add in some low speed and high speed compression to compensate for the difference.

Try adjusting the rebound and see what that does for you. I will say that even for myself, the fork is on the stiffer side with the majority of the trails I ride. Which are smoother xc, trail and light Am riding. But on the faster more aggressive trails the fork comes alive. Thats why I think your problem is just compression related and since the fork is tuned to a more aggressive riding style, and if you're riding anything less than that, the purple spring would be perfect even though Fox claims it would be too light for you. This is one of the reasons why they discontinued the 160 van, there just isn't that much aggressive riding in the 6 inch travel market that a float couldn't handle. And you can easily just pump some air in the fork for those applications.

One thing I've become accustomed to is to not always follow the guidelines that manufactures recommend with shock settings, there are too many variances regarding to trail conditions and riding styles for there to be a general standardized setting to go by. If you didn't get the purple spring I would try to look for a used one first; if the fork seems to be functioning as it should, just being a little stiff, this would be the easiest and cheapest way to figure out if its just the spring.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

06 enduro elit

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-bike.jpg has anyone powder coated an 06 elite i black. im just debating if i should and get white decals for it due to the paint on the frame is chipped and scratch o the top tube and near the headset when i bought the frame fro the previous owner

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

tip anyone?

Hey all! I am a newcomer to this forum today. I'm looking for a replacement frame for my Specialized Enduro SL 2008, size medium, carbon fiber or aluminum. I am in search of a corresponding frame type this year. Is there anyone who can give a tip on an available frame at a good price? Shipping address is Sweden.

Ride on!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Are you looking for a 2008 or the new style frames?

Check out pinkbike, they usually have a large selection of used bikes from sellers around the world. The site is quiet right now because it's winter but will pick up when the season begins.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    my latest update on my 2011 enduro
    RC2 with ti spring & new Ardent tires

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    very nice
    I really liked the Ardents, rolled fast and grip well when leaned over...a lot!
    Seems like they are gaining more support recently since they were released. I can't work out the size from the pics but they look like 2.2s, the 2.4 is a great up front, it has much more aggressive side knobs.
    Enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingboy View Post
    very nice
    I really liked the Ardents, rolled fast and grip well when leaned over...a lot!
    Seems like they are gaining more support recently since they were released. I can't work out the size from the pics but they look like 2.2s, the 2.4 is a great up front, it has much more aggressive side knobs.
    Enjoy it.
    Yes they are ardents 2.4 . Fastest tyres I ever tried. Especially with psi 25. It grip well and roll fast .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So i went to my local shop to see what's new, and the had both the 2014 evo comp and evo expert. Had to take them on a test ride and feel in love. So now it's time to sell the 2011 Enduro evo and and my DH bike.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Commit or eat sh!t
    2013 Expert carbon frame + CCDB CS + XX0 + older components. Set up as a light DH bike. On the heavier side, ~ 32lb.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/49573409@N07/12346596873/player/1bcb5dc0f6" height="375" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Shoulder issue and time have prevented me from riding my 2014 evo expert. Good deal on one if youre interested

2014 Specialized Enduro Evo Expert - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

just enduro, dabomb, fox, maxxis and deore.....

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img-20140206-00179.jpg
    Hallo world, im enduro
    fans from tasikmalaya -Indonesia

GreeneDog
    Hey Guys, I'm in need of some help. I'm a do it yourselfer so I'm starting here and then I will go to the bike shop last. I just bought a 2012 Enduro EVO frame without the headset. So I need to figure out the correct headset.

I used the Cane Creek Headset finder and it doesn't give me the option for 2012. From that I get this information.

Upper Headset Fit - IS 42/28.6
    Lower Headset Fit - IS 52/40

And I found this information in the 2012 manual for the Enduro.

Specialized Enduro carbon frames use a 1 1/8” (41.8mm x 8mm x 45°) Campagnolo Standard compatible top and 1.5” (52mm x 7mm x 45°) bottom bearing. Ensure that replacement bearings are compatible with the Specialized headset specification. No tools are needed for installation or removal of both bearings. Grease bearing surfaces before installation.

It seems a little conflicting. I know I can go to a dealer and they will be able to help. But I always like to try and figure it out first.

Any help would be great, Josh.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 II
    2012 Specialized Enduro Expert EVO
    2007 Specialized SX
    2007 Specialized P1 Cromo

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    in my experience they can be a little tricky to get right. Getting them from Specializeds dealers makes it easy and prevent having to buy several headsets to cobble one together that works.
    This is right though 1 1/8” (41.8mm x 8mm x 45°) Campagnolo Standard compatible top and 1.5” (52mm x 7mm x 45°) bottom bearing as per the manual and web site.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So i was thinking of selling off my 2011 EVO and getting the 2014 EVO and realized that I really wouldn't gaining anything more than 20mm more rear travel than I have now and a degree less in the head angle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mtbr member
    Theres more in a bike besides numbers...

mtbr member
    I have a 2012 expert evo (selling now), 2013 carbon expert and now the 2014 expert evo and that new bike is the best bike for more aggressive riding. Very different rides between them from my personal experience. In your case it depends on the riding you do but it would be a substantial upgrade.
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    I have a 2012 expert evo (selling now), 2013 carbon expert and now the 2014 expert evo and that new bike is the best bike for more aggressive riding. Very different rides between them from my personal experience. In your case it depends on the riding you do but it would be a substantial upgrade.
    Well I was looking at the evo comp. The expert is way out of my price range. My suites me just fine for now. Maybe next year I'll upgrade.

mtbr member
    Doh, sorry about that. But I think the geo on the expert and comp is the same, so I would think it would still be a substantial upgrade. Sure the components are better but the geo is what I noticed between the two years, and the weight. I am sure the comp might be a bit more weight. What kind of riding do you do? The new evos will be a bit more to handle on the climbs (due to weight and geo), but I do everything I can do on my carbon one on the '14. The decent is where this bike kills it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh I know that geo is different between the 2011 and 2014 evo, but the money is the issue and I would rather wait till after summer and pick one up on sale. As for my riding style goes, I'm a DHer by nature and will endure the climb if mean a killer DH. So maybe I'll wait about a month or so and put it for sale. I'd finance one but my wife would kill me.

GreeneDog
    So right now I only have a frame, 2012 Enduro Expert Evo. After doing some snooping around is the any true to the frame having 142+ spacing which means the hub have a special spacing for the rear cogs? Basically I'm asking because I need to buy a set of wheels and would like to be able to find the best deal including Hope, DT and what ever else makes 142 spaced rear hubs.

Thanks for your helps guys, Josh.
    2007 Specialized SX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airtym View Post
    So right now I only have a frame, 2012 Enduro Expert Evo. After doing some snooping around is the any true to the frame having 142+ spacing which means the hub have a special spacing for the rear cogs? Basically I'm asking because I need to buy a set of wheels and would like to be able to find the best deal including Hope, DT and what ever else makes 142 spaced rear hubs.

Thanks for your helps guys, Josh.
    Yes spacing is 142+. A 142 hub will fit fine in your dropout. It's only the flange & free hub body that are extended by 2mm. The distance from end to end is identical between 142 & 142+ hubs. I converted my 2012 to a 142 CK hub.

GreeneDog
    So what did you do to covert? Besides buying a CK?
    2007 Specialized SX

mtbr member
    So what did you do to covert? Besides buying a CK?
    I only converted the stock specialized hubs to CKs. Kept the stock Roval AL wheels and upgraded the spokes to double butted.

GreeneDog
    Perfect! That's such good info. In regards to the 2mm difference, any issue.
    2007 Specialized SX

mtbr member
    Perfect! That's such good info. In regards to the 2mm difference, any issue.
    None

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hi everyone,
    I have an enduro 2009 SL comp. I have been told that the size of the rear derailleur does not maximize the cogs of the bike and it needs to be changed. Lately, I have had difficulty shifting the bike with the chain falling off. Do you think this is true? Would changing the rear derailleur from medium to long improved maximization of the cogs?

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    what size rear cluster and what size front chain ring or rings are you using? Medium cage has a pretty large range....chain length could also be an issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    CHAINRINGS22S x 32A x 44A, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
    CASSETTE Shimano HG61, 9-speed, 11-34t

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lottel View Post
    CHAINRINGS22S x 32A x 44A, 4-bolt, 104/64mm
    CASSETTE Shimano HG61, 9-speed, 11-34t
    A very basic guide is for a single ring up front use short, double rings use a medium and triple use long.

You can calculate the capacity required by the following forumla

cap req'd (T) = (BIG ring - small ring) + (BIG cog - small cog)
    so in your case

T = (44-22) + (34-11),
    T = 45

and given Shimano and Sram specify the following guidelines

Shimano long = 45T; medium = 33T
    SRAM long = 43T; medium = 37T; short = 30T

you definitely want a long cage derailleur. You'll probably need a longer chain too.

EDIT: I wonder though how your setup ever worked or have you recently upgraded something?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Nope. Never did. I bought it at the store like this. No wonder changing gears is a bit noisy even if I just got it tuned up.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    The only way it would work AFAIK is that you would have to avoid using big chainring at front and large cog at back to reduce the chain growth requirement. Thats a dumb way to set up a bike if you ask me because even if you were to avoid using those extreme chain angles between front and rear cogs, there could be a riding situation where it its preferable to have the ability to shift into a less than optimal cog ratio just to get out of that particular situation. (i.e, where a front chain shift isn't possible due to crank arm clearance)

I just checked the web site at Specialized Bicycle Components and it shows that bike came with the Sram mid cage derailleur so its either possible to set it up to work correctly somehow or the expectation is that you avoid those extreme gear ranges. I'd head back to the store and ask them to clarify / tweak as needed.

sorry I'm not much help

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Picked up my 2014 Enduro Comp 29 from the shop about a week ago. Great feeling bike coming from a 2013 Carve Comp. Just need this NJ weather to cooperate. Really loving the matte and polished black finish.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_20140215_105536489.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2012 Specialized Enduro

My Enduro, SRAMd out with a Reverb, Fouriers handlebars, Raceface Narrow wide, Elixir 9 Carbon Brakes, X9 Hubs and X0 drivetrain. Love it! Official Specialized Enduro Thread-sick.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hi guys.
    I'm 6.0" high, and I bought a Medium Enduro Evo'13. Have I made a wrong decision?
    It seemed totally okay when I tried it at the shop, and it feels okay to ride, but lots of people keep telling me that I need a large. I've checked out the specs, and the L has just 3.4 cm more of reach and 1cm more of standover. Doesn't look like a big difference, but it just won't let me sleep well.

the Chain Guy
    I'm 5'10.5" and ride a large with a 40mm stem. It fits me fine, but everything I have read says I should be on a medium. If the medium feels okay for you, then what's there to lose sleep about?

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by goodkat View Post
    Hi guys.
    I'm 6.0" high, and I bought a Medium Enduro Evo'13. Have I made a wrong decision?
    It seemed totally okay when I tried it at the shop, and it feels okay to ride, but lots of people keep telling me that I need a large. I've checked out the specs, and the L has just 3.4 cm more of reach and 1cm more of standover. Doesn't look like a big difference, but it just won't let me sleep well.
    The number you should be most concerned is the "reach." Enduro has longer reach than most other bikes. I am 5'10" and medium feels good to me. But choice of a size is quite personal and has a lot to do with your body, riding style, components, etc.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    I'm 5'10.5" and ride a large with a 40mm stem. It fits me fine, but everything I have read says I should be on a medium. If the medium feels okay for you, then what's there to lose sleep about?
    Im just shy of 6'3 and large was a good fit for me, with a 35mm stem. At 5'11 you are on the right size, a large would be too big for you. Medium was too short for me and I always felt I was over the front of the bars. Relax and ride the wheels of it. Great bikes!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Anyone have a Canadian / us source for specialized enduro bolt kits? Picked up a 08 enduro expert sl. Missing one of the rear linkage bolts. Found a standard steel bolt that would fit but I'd like to get a replacement bolt if possible. Found a few kits online/eBay but nobody will ship to Canada or the US. UK only. Have a local specialized dealer looking into it for me. Figured I would post up and see if anyone might have any spare link bolts? It's one of the m10 1.0 thread bolts for the linkage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

So stoked with my 2014 Evo Expert. I have had this baby for 2 months and finally gotten to take some pics.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Things that I have changed out above are
    - diety carbon bar and saddle
    - strait line stem and pedals
    - race face narrow wide 32T chain ring
    - kmc X11SL gold chain
    - blackspire bruiser bash guard

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hi guys.
    Im 5.11" and ive had both sizes - I found the medium i was on top of the bike and as though i was hanging off the back of it. The large which i kept i felt like i was in the bike and seemed spot on and i still have it now.

I had 50mm stem on both........I do have a long torso and monkey arms though.

mtbr member
    Hi guys.
    I'm 6' and ride a large with a 70mm stem. I am somewhat low wasted (longer torso) and a large fits me well. But like others here have said, go with what feels right for you and your body geometry. I believe the bike sizing guidelines are exactly that, a guideline.
    Last edited by gosser66; 03-08-2014 at 04:26 PM.

mtbr member
    5' 10" here and my medium '14 expert evo is a perfect fit. I rode a '12 expert evo in large and that was a big bike but still fit fine. I prefer the medium.
    ***Oh and I have a large '13 carbon expert in large and that fits me like a glove as well. So it depends I guess. Of course the geo on the last 2 evo years are very different than the regular Enduro models.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So i just got a 2014 medium evo comp and need to figure out the correct spring rate. The bike has a 500 lbs on it and am thinking I'll need a stiffer spring. My current weight is 240 with gear

Commit or eat sh!t
    Guys, the Specialized website has for Enduro (both 2013 and 14 for certain models):

"Bottom Bracket Height - Low Setting 351mm"

Is there a setting for low/high that I don't know about, or is this a typo?

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy View Post
    Guys, the Specialized website has for Enduro (both 2013 and 14 for certain models):

"Bottom Bracket Height - Low Setting 351mm"

Is there a setting for low/high that I don't know about, or is this a typo?

Specialized Bicycle Components
    Good question and I've noticed that spec before and always wondered. Call a local Spec dealer and ask. Otherwise, maybe someone else here has the answer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: Official Specialized Enduro Thread

All finishedOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1394749451578.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post
    One question for all owners (or not) ,i have a Enduro 2010 and usually use ir with a Lyric Rc2DH with the original 160mm travel,should i take off the spacer and give it a go with 170mm?? would ir ruin the geometry?

Attachment 816054
    Same bike, same year, and removed the spacer. You're only talking 10mm (less than 1/2"). It doesn't change the geometry by much...maybe by two tenths of a degree. Go for it!

kik
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My bike with last upgrades.

Upgrades:
    • Fox Float 34 FIT CTD
    • Fox Float X CTD
    • Fox DOSS 5''
    • Kore Repute stem 35mm

before:

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-2013-03-02-14.44.47.jpg

after:

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-img_0010.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So apparently the spring that comes on the 14 medium evo comp is a 500 lbs by 2.80. It should be a 2.50 or 2.55 not a 2.80. I had the worst time trying to get a 600 lbs by 2.80.