Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 4,551 to 4,557 of 4557
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I can say i rode one of the more technical trails in the area with the tire at 13 psi and it held up fine. i dont have any hesitations on the 2.8 maxxis rekon in my camber. I havent gone off any jumps or big drops however.

I do want to get that rear tire in the mail. riding on a 2.3 in the back was slightly disappointing. i feel like i got a "floating" feeling up front, and really wanted to see what a fat tire would do in the back for climbing traction. Also felt slightly faster due to larger diameter and more momentum, but probably also due to the confidence and "fun factor".

I will post clearance on the 2.8 in the rear once i get it on. Really like that upgrade.

want to reiterate, I have a 2017 with BOOST. would not advise doing this on a non boost, or perhaps non 2017 model, dont want to make promises on clearance etc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying4Pandas View Post
    I've got 2016 Carbon Comp 29er. I upgraded the fork to Pike. Started with a 140mm and after two rides realized that it just drifted too much on switchbacks and climbs, the extra 20mm of travel just didn't make sense for the style of riding I was doing. Aure, the longer travel is nice when you point the bike downhill, but I ride technical trails out here in Santa Cruz CA and half the fun is going up. Machined it down to 130mm and I'm still debating going back to stock 120.

With that said, upgraded fork is definitelt a necesity, the stock revelation is a noodle...
    Very interesting...

I could maybe go for a Pike Dual 2015 (120-150), then I could have both long and short travel...

Stock Revelation sucks... that's a fact.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaura View Post
    Very interesting...

I could maybe go for a Pike Dual 2015 (120-150), then I could have both long and short travel...

150mm is too much travel for a camber. I just bought a pike 160mm and am swapping the air shaft to make it 140mm. I'll let you know how it rides. My bike is 27.5

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaura View Post
    Very interesting...

Meh. I disagree. Its mediocre sure. Its not a pike or fox 34. Have you played with it? Ive put a lot of time into the compression, rebound and pressure. Think ive got it just about where i like it.

I do have to say, fat, low pressure 2.8 tires definitely hide a lot of short comings....for example, small bump compliance of the fork.

My bike basically floats now. But its certainly not a 2.2 29er short travel XC bike thats for sure...no plus bike will be.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

prepping towards XC

Guys, I've gone around in circles since my first full-sus which was a '14 Evo. I've just sold my Epic, and ordered a Comp Carbon 29 to replace it, and to complement my Stumpjumper which will do all the gnar-duty.

I'm going to rig my Camber towards long & adventure-style XC/trail races, including some gravel and fire-road stuff.
    I've done a few on the Epic WC, and I feel that bike was more of a short race/sprint rig, and a bit too nervous and fragile for the races I enjoy. The Stumpy is too sluggish on the gravel bits, and it's set up for riding very rough trails/enduro.

It will have the wheels replaced with Traverse Fattie 29s, as they're lighter, solid, and far stiffer than the standard wheels. I'll fit Fast Trak 2.3s tubeless, change the handlebar for a flat carbon version, and probably swap the crank with my Stumpy (GX) as I need the 28t ring more on that bike.

Any other tips on making the Camber a faster XC/trail adventure-bike? I also need to focus on comfort, as these races mean anything from 5 to 24 hours of saddle time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I want one of 140mm but I have the Pro Carbon 650b and it comes with 34 elite performance fork. Can this model be switched to 140mm from 130mm also? I can't find anything on the fox site.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Wwwoooo new toy day! Going on my camber comp. Got that black on black pike for $360 as a new take off! Juhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58d3042f...85747_982.jpg?
    st gotta lower it from 160 to 140mm

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192