Results 4,351 to 4,376 of 4376
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    27.5?
    29er

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My suggestion is do the math that what you're going to invest versus what you could sell for and what you can purchase for. If it's somewhat close the new bike is definitely worth it

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone0207 View Post
    Can't decide between investing my money into a new model camber or pimp my 2014 Carbon further. Has anyone ridden old and new model back to back and make suggestions? Do the shorter chainstays make a big difference? Next upgrades on my 2014 would be Evo Wishbone and probably 130mm Pike.
    My suggestion is do the math on what it will cost to do the upgrades vs. Selling and purchasing the new bike. If it's close or reasonable by the new bike you won't be disappointed

mtbr member

new to me Camber

2013 XL Camber, my first bike after a long break from riding (stopped in 2010)

I'm a big dude so I bought some wider bars and found running a shorter stem with little rise made the bike far more comfortable and also easier to maneuver without ruining its climbing feel. I am coming from more aggressive park and trail bikes that were far more slack with a great deal more travel and felt that the stock 100mm fork wasn't long enough and pretty twitchy. Bought a new 120mm travel RockShock fork (15mm longer A2C) on Ebay for $250 that some fatter 2.4 Mountain Kings and along with the dropper post really made the bike come alive for me. Never had a bike with a front derailleur and can't stand the clanking noise so I will probably be going 1x once I wear out this drive train. Official Specialized Camber Thread-dsc00109.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    question to the experts: could I run the current 197x48 shock with the Evo Link on my 2014 non Evo camber? Just for the transition period until I have a new 197x51 shock?

As far as I understand the BB would come down a little bit and the front would be a bit more relaxed. Would that put any unhealthy stress on the frame if the shock has less travel as its supposed to have?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone0207 View Post
    question to the experts: could I run the current 197x48 shock with the Evo Link on my 2014 non Evo camber? Just for the transition period until I have a new 197x51 shock?

As far as I understand the BB would come down a little bit and the front would be a bit more relaxed. Would that put any unhealthy stress on the frame if the shock has less travel as its supposed to have?
    No it will not cause any problems at all. Both shocks have the same eye to eye length so, assuming you also extend the fork travel to 120mm, you will have the proper EVO geometry once you put in the EVO link. Your model will just have 110mm of travel in the rear rather than 120mm. I have been doing this for about a year now with no issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've been upgrading the hell out of my 2016 camber comp 650b.... was thinking of upgrading the fork. Right now it has a Rockshox Revelation RC3 130mm. Would like 10mm more travel and am not in a rush and would like to find a deal under $650. Trying to decide between a 2015-16 Pike or a Fox 34. There are so many different models of Fox 34 and I'm not really sure what the difference is. Is any Fox 34 an upgrade over the stock Revelation?

mtbr member
    I don't think *any* Fox 34 is an upgrade - make sure what you are getting is one with a fit4 damper. I believe both the performance and factory lines come with the fit-4. I loved the 34 on my Stumpjumper.

I have a Pike on mine now, albeit at 130mm and like it just as much. You should be able to find deals on them well under $650. I got mine about a month and a half ago right at $500.

All that being said the Pike and Fox 34 ride very similar. I prefer the Pike due to the all the parts being plentiful and plenty of literature on service.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    One thing to keep in mind when deciding between the RS Pike and Fox 34 is that you can add a remote to the 34 but not the Pike. If you feel you don't need a remote I don't think you can go wrong with any of the two.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Anybody running a Sunrace 11-42t cassette? I'm looking to upgrade my 9 speed cassette. I was going to go with a Shimano cassette and a wolf tooth 42t but have heard that the Sunrace is a good alternative, and lighter on the wallet! Any experiences out there?
    2016 Specialized Camber
    1967 Schwinn Racer

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    There is an entire thread on the Sunrace 11-42 cassette that you can easily search for. There are pros and cons to the Sunrace vs wolftooth.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Out and about on our mountain bikes in California. Just cruising and getting fit. Here's a picture of our Specialized family.

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1098.jpg

Official Specialized Camber Thread-img_1103.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cobeez View Post
    Anybody running a Sunrace 11-42t cassette? I'm looking to upgrade my 9 speed cassette. I was going to go with a Shimano cassette and a wolf tooth 42t but have heard that the Sunrace is a good alternative, and lighter on the wallet! Any experiences out there?
    I've been running a Sunrace 11-42 for maybe 4 or 5 months, and I have been very happy. I was going to go with the Shimano 11-36, but my LBS recommended the 11-42, and I haven't looked back. The only complaint, if you can even call it that, is that it was nationally backordered for several weeks. My LBS couldn't get them, and couldn't get them online either, but I guess that speaks to their popularity.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I ended up ordering all new XT everything from shifter back to derailleur and the Sunrace 11-42 from Jenson USA, it was on my doorstep in 2 days!. I'm in the process of switching it all out now. Can't wait to the hit trail soon and see how it rolls!
    2016 Specialized Camber
    1967 Schwinn Racer

mtbr member
    Just whoring it out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    All done! 2017 Specialized Camber Comp 29er.

Attachment 1090166

They look amazing. These are Medium, right?

I looked at Specialized 2016/2017 offerings and immediately realized this is the trail bike I'm looking for, hehe. LBS is having a year-end sale.. unfortunately, all 2016 Cambers were gone before it even started. Guess, I should keep trying scoping for 2016 ones or just hold and get these 2017. Are there any major differences to those of 2016?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_ventura View Post

I looked at Specialized 2016/2017 offerings and immediately realized this is the trail bike I'm looking for, hehe. LBS is having a year-end sale.. unfortunately, all 2016 Cambers were gone before it even started. Guess, I should keep trying scoping for 2016 ones or just hold and get these 2017. Are there any major differences to those of 2016?
    1x drivetrain on lower end models

The Fastest of Bananas
    Better rear shock on low end.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_ventura View Post

This bike is medium size. It's far from low end. It's carbon front triangle and the rear triangle is aluminum. And the ride in general is amazing. It's a little different ride a 1X front chain ring. Takes a little to get use too at first. But it works great once you get the hang of it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks.

I'll be in Seattle next month, and will be attempting to scope a 2016 medium S-works 650b. Does anyone know of a good store that might carry one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Is it possible to do an air sleeve service yourself on a brain equipped fox rear shock?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I just put a 2017 camber 29 on layaway at the lbs. I'm starting to have second thoughts between the camber 29, camber 650b, and the comp models of each. I thought the only difference was the wheel size between the two, but now I see that they have completely different drivetrains and hub spacing that seems to favor the 650b.

I currently ride a 650b hardrock and am not all that impressed with how it handles... It doesn't turn well, doesn't seem to roll over obstacles very well and I feel like i get knocked around by roots a lot. That is a lot of the reason I opted for the 29 camber, but now that I think about it I'm not sure if its the wheelsize or the bike it self (or me) that sucks.

As far as the comp vs the base model it's pretty obvious that the comp is the better bike, plus the stealth graphite paint on the comp is the sex. On the layaway plan the difference in payments would be minimal so I do plan to upgrade to the comp but I am still between the 29 or 650b, leaning towards the 29.

I'm looking for a do all trail bike that climbs carves and descends and isn't afraid of rocks roots loose stuff etc... Although it looks fun, there is likely not much jumping or park riding foreseeable.

Looking for some opinions... comp 29 then?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BykerMike View Post
    I just put a 2017 camber 29 on layaway at the lbs. I'm starting to have second thoughts between the camber 29, camber 650b, and the comp models of each. I thought the only difference was the wheel size between the two, but now I see that they have completely different drivetrains and hub spacing that seems to favor the 650b.

I currently ride a 650b hardrock and am not all that impressed with how it handles... It doesn't turn well, doesn't seem to roll over obstacles very well and I feel like i get knocked around by roots a lot. That is a lot of the reason I opted for the 29 camber, but now that I think about it I'm not sure if its the wheelsize or the bike it self (or me) that sucks.

As far as the comp vs the base model it's pretty obvious that the comp is the better bike, plus the stealth graphite paint on the comp is the sex. On the layaway plan the difference in payments would be minimal so I do plan to upgrade to the comp but I am still between the 29 or 650b, leaning towards the 29.

I'm looking for a do all trail bike that climbs carves and descends and isn't afraid of rocks roots loose stuff etc... Although it looks fun, there is likely not much jumping or park riding foreseeable.

Looking for some opinions... comp 29 then?
    I went from 29er down to 27.5 I got everything I was looking for..except speed. 29er for me was def faster. I'm in So Florida where are trails are technical. No climbs or descents...rather hundreds of rapid ascents 30 seconds and descents. So smooth n fast usually king. However, tight technical sections I'm way more confident, comfortable and overall happier. Just sucks getting a little slower.

So depends on your trails, however, I didn't notice a loss or gain in rollover or rocky handling. Rollover where I'm at isn't that huge of a challenge, but they are there.

Lastly would be your height in my opinion. I'm a shorter rider that's why I 'think' I'm more comfortable on the 650b. I call the 29er that 'front wheel in motion' wanting to remain in motion! Don't have that nearly to the extent of the 29er.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This for anyone with a medium camber and a dropper post. What size dropper did you get? I just ordered a Command Post IR 125mm and want to make sure it will fit without sticking out too far and looking silly. Anyone have a picture of their medium frame with a command post in it?
    2016 Specialized Camber
    1967 Schwinn Racer

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cobeez View Post
    This for anyone with a medium camber and a dropper post. What size dropper did you get? I just ordered a Command Post IR 125mm and want to make sure it will fit without sticking out too far and looking silly. Anyone have a picture of their medium frame with a command post in it?
    You'll be fine. That's the standard size dropper on all the size M FSR bikes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by everything motorcycl View Post
    I went from 29er down to 27.5 I got everything I was looking for..except speed. 29er for me was def faster. I'm in So Florida where are trails are technical. No climbs or descents...rather hundreds of rapid ascents 30 seconds and descents. So smooth n fast usually king. However, tight technical sections I'm way more confident, comfortable and overall happier. Just sucks getting a little slower.

So depends on your trails, however, I didn't notice a loss or gain in rollover or rocky handling. Rollover where I'm at isn't that huge of a challenge, but they are there.

Lastly would be your height in my opinion. I'm a shorter rider that's why I 'think' I'm more comfortable on the 650b. I call the 29er that 'front wheel in motion' wanting to remain in motion! Don't have that nearly to the extent of the 29er.

So i changed my order to a 2017 camber comp 650b graphite black. It will be spring before I actually take ownership of it but being in Michigan I wouldn't have much use for it over the winter anyways...

Few questions regarding the 2017 Cambers with aluminum frames:

Has it been confirmed that the hub spacing is boosted?

Is there internal routing for a stealth/internal dropper post?

How wide of a tire can fit in the rear triangle?

How wide of a tire can fit in the revelation fork?

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788